Showerthought: I wish Arrma bodies would come partially clear so we could choose our own color.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does Ecx but only with the Amp build and drive kit.
Kinda off topic but reading this made me wish arrma would sell them with no radio or reciver.
I think Arrma needs to do this 80% roller unpainted body, no electronics, tires unglued. https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?I=LXLMSG&P=SM

Sounds good. But I think they would actually lose money on that for several reasons. But its not a new concept to do that. Kits do this already. RTR's have to be Ready to run. I think most users of RTR's just want to drive. Down the road after the body is trashed, a new clear body can be had. Most RTR guys don't paint in my opinion. They usually replace with the OE prepainted bodies. Or pay someone else to do it. At least the newbs. They want to drive. Not paint. When I built kits years back, Painting was mandatory or you would have to pay someone. Prepainted bodies were rare. LHS, usually had bodies on hand that were painted in house for guys that just drive. I paint bodies no issue and I am not the best, I find it time consuming. Painting detailed bodies is a hobby by itself. Tools and materials have to be sourced. Many RTR guys just don't bother IMO. Down the road they may venture on to painting though, just not initially. It is an after thought for many when buying a new RTR. I know a fellow basher with numerous rigs from years past. Used to Race long a go. He simply wont paint. One example. He will wrench till the cows come home. He Just doesn't paint. He just paid big on a custom painted body from RC Motorsports. You may have heard of him. He paints and build RC's for all the big sport celebs across the country. He is from LI, NY. I would rather paint myself than spend $300. for someone else to do it.
What if they made it so the primary color was a removable film that you could peel off and replace with paint to change the color? ??

What if they made it so the primary color was a removable film that you could peel off and replace with paint to change the color? ??
That's exactly how the Traxxas Prographix bodies are, like the red Jato I painted above. I would love if Arrma did this.

That's exactly how the Traxxas Prographix bodies are, like the red Jato I painted above. I would love if Arrma did this.
I thought the prographix bodies came transparent in some areas for the paint to show through. I saw one today at the LHS and it was clear... Didn't care for the design Traxxas did. Looked dated. They also don't really leave a lot of clear area so it's almost like the color you paint would only show up on 1/4 of the total surface area max.

I thought the prographix bodies came transparent in some areas for the paint to show through. I saw one today at the LHS and it was clear... Didn't care for the design Traxxas did. Looked dated. They also don't really leave a lot of clear area so it's almost like the color you paint would only show up on 1/4 of the total surface area max.
Must have misunderstood your post, but yes the Prographix body is transparent where you paint. The area is like 50% or more on some of the Maxx and Jato trucks I've painted. They also have 100% clear bodies for colors of your choice. I used to collect new Traxxas bodies in the past, they have some of the best looking bodies out there. Still have some of the original blue Tmaxx bodies that I won't get rid of.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back