Infraction So ive been looking into an infraction for a while...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigrayzrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
So I think the infraction is a very cool truck and ive been wanting one for a while but my only concern for it is that the only place that I really have to run it is the park that's 25 minutes from my house. Is it worth the buy or is the mega or 3s version better suited for me?

Do you let other people dictate your life choices? You need to figure all that out. To type out all the different reasons to buy it or not should all be common sense on your part...

Do I need it?
Do I want it?
Do I have enough time in my day to use it?
Do I have all the scratch to buy everything I'll need for it?
Do I want to drive 25 min one way to a park to use it?

So I think the infraction is a very cool truck and ive been wanting one for a while but my only concern for it is that the only place that I really have to run it is the park that's 25 minutes from my house. Is it worth the buy or is the mega or 3s version better suited for me?

Nothing wrong with starting small..
Much More accommodating in space requirements, cheaper replacement parts, the same amount of excitement when it ZOOMS by you at 70+MPH!

with a 3S Infraction or Vendetta (or a 3S BLX LimitLESS 🤫 SSSSsssssh...)

The 6S infraction is a monster. It’s big and fast. You need a good amount of room to stretch its legs.

It’s also very expensive to run. I spend $20-30 per run on tire wear.

I don’t understand part of your question though. If you have to drive 25 minutes for a good spot, wouldn’t you have to do that with the 3S infraction as well?

I'll readily admit that I'm a bit biased. The Infraction V2 was my first foray into RC after a 30 year break and I immediately fell in love with it and haven't looked back since. I still have yet to get a second RC car and that was almost two years ago (though yesterday my eye caught something on Ebay classifieds that I'm really interested in...need to see if I can raise the funds for it before it's gone). On 6S with the stock gearing you're looking at a 65mph tire shredder and it's an absolute blast. I'm sure the 3S BLX would be fun too though, I just really have a penchant for the 6S line.

I had a V2 Infraction, very fun, BUT you need a lot of room and a very smooth a surface. From what I've seen, the 3s version has more ground clearance and it is doesn't burn the tires as fast as the 6s one. I would get the 3s if I were to do it again. I sold my 6s one. Too expensive to run due to the tire issue, and the smooth surface thing.

Last edited:
I've owned 3s & 6s cars, and I must say that there is something intoxicating about the sound & sheer power you have at the squeeze of the trigger with the 6s rigs. With that being said, yes, you do need a lot more room to open them up (6s rigs) & the parts do cost more. 3s rigs can be just as fun speedy, but I'm not a huge fan of slipper clutches & plastics. If space is of a premium, then the 3s might be a little better, only b/c it's a slightly smaller rig.

SN: It's quite interesting to hear from you guys how fast the 6s rigs burn through street tires :oops:

Get the Mega. Sounds like that will be the best start. If ya wanna go faster though, you will need some extra Chedda' for upgrades. There's lots of Mega Infraction builds here that will give you an idea if what is needed and then you can figure out the costs to upgrade to see if you can afford it. 👍 Good luck! ✌️😁

I've owned 3s & 6s cars, and I must say that there is something intoxicating about the sound & sheer power you have at the squeeze of the trigger with the 6s rigs. With that being said, yes, you do need a lot more room to open them up (6s rigs) & the parts do cost more. 3s rigs can be just as fun speedy, but I'm not a huge fan of slipper clutches & plastics. If space is of a premium, then the 3s might be a little better, only b/c it's a slightly smaller rig.

SN: It's quite interesting to hear from you guys how fast the 6s rigs burn through street tires :oops:
You can...but you don't have to. Is it fun? Yes. Is it expensive? Yes. Is it necessary to have fun with the car? No.

I eliminated most of my tire wear by moving to speed running. On the flip side, this does incur other costs if you want to get serious about it.

You can...but you don't have to. Is it fun? Yes. Is it expensive? Yes. Is it necessary to have fun with the car? No.

I eliminated most of my tire wear by moving to speed running. On the flip side, this does incur other costs if you want to get serious about it.
Oh I bet, I've seen some speed rigs with serious amounts of money invested. There's just no winning with this hobby, money will be spent one way or another 😩😂

Oh I bet, I've seen some speed rigs with serious amounts of money invested. There's just no winning with this hobby, money will be spent one way or another 😩😂
lol...that much is certain. I think I'm around $5-6k into my Infraction at this point. Is it necessary? Heavens no. Is it fun? Heavens yes. :LOL:

I think the 3s cars suck so I'm biased. My road is not very smooth and is actually HORRIBLE, but I still can drive my infraction just fine after raising the ride height. After reading this thread I've learned I've been driving it wrong though as my tires last me more than 1 pack.

Fun to me though! :ROFLMAO:

I drive my street cars more so in a way of going fast up and down the road and making hard turns and little drifts here and there. Big parking lots as well and I get a lot of runs out of my tires because im not simply grinding them to oblivion by drifting everywhere. But I do understand the fun in that. I had an 8s infraction and that was just freakin silly on the tires, it was wild. My favorite honestly has been my typhon 6s street truck that I run on 4s. I have it geared for 85 and with big fans it stays pretty cool and is much lighter than the big cars. Doesn't destroy tires either. But I have had 3s street cars and I plan on building another one and they are great as well. You can get a slipper eliminator so you don't have to mess around with the slipper. The 3s cars feel much easier to drive in smaller areas compared to 6s or 8s infractions

Stop playing games with yourself bro! In your own post it says

So ive been looking into an infraction for a while...​

YOLO>

Edit: YODO lol.

So why would you settle for the lesser? If you can afford it buy the 6s version and act like you're doing it for someone else lol. Sometimes we are quick to do things for other people then cut corners on ourselves. Like that commercial where that guys walks around with a bear trap on his leg lol.

If you don't like it burn it or sell it and take it as a life lesson. Only you know how much you are willing to do to get that feeling. Some people here drive 2 hours just to get to their run spot, now that's love. If you have to ask maybe its not for you, when I was 16 I would get up at 6:30 every morning to walk two blocks with a chick. It was worth it to me.

Also I have seen some guys put dirt tires on it, it's suppose to be all road.

Last edited:
I drive my street cars more so in a way of going fast up and down the road and making hard turns and little drifts here and there. Big parking lots as well and I get a lot of runs out of my tires because im not simply grinding them to oblivion by drifting everywhere. But I do understand the fun in that. I had an 8s infraction and that was just freakin silly on the tires, it was wild. My favorite honestly has been my typhon 6s street truck that I run on 4s. I have it geared for 85 and with big fans it stays pretty cool and is much lighter than the big cars. Doesn't destroy tires either. But I have had 3s street cars and I plan on building another one and they are great as well. You can get a slipper eliminator so you don't have to mess around with the slipper. The 3s cars feel much easier to drive in smaller areas compared to 6s or 8s infractions
This sounds exactly like me!! Kindred spirit! :ROFLMAO:

I hope it was really worth that walk, seems like a lot of work :LOL:

It's not YOLO, it's YODO

You Only Die Once, you live every day;)
Well I got two beautiful little girls out of it and you know how those hormones are raging at that age. I thought she was the bees knees man.

I'll readily admit that I'm a bit biased. The Infraction V2 was my first foray into RC after a 30 year break and I immediately fell in love with it and haven't looked back since. I still have yet to get a second RC car and that was almost two years ago (though yesterday my eye caught something on Ebay classifieds that I'm really interested in...need to see if I can raise the funds for it before it's gone). On 6S with the stock gearing you're looking at a 65mph tire shredder and it's an absolute blast. I'm sure the 3S BLX would be fun too though, I just really have a penchant for the 6S line.
since you mentioned in another thread that you were looking a serpents. I just purchased a 1721 from him and it was in awesome condition
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3254169022...vIPTNHGT3UIZjQjQkkMi3mQDc=|tkp:Bk9SR_qf9Y2NYQ

I think you're gonna like that motor. I think it's one of the greats for speed running as of the writing of this post.

That's a nice looking whip. I bet that thing slings cane. I've kind of got my heart set on the 989e if/when I get one. Possibly a 988e. But I think I may have found my second car on Ebay classifieds. Now it's just a matter of if I can raise the funds before it's gone. No, it's not a Serpent. But it isn't an Arrma either. If it comes to fruition, y'all will be the second to know. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back