Kraton Tekno shock owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

83N

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Finally got my Tekno stand-offs in the post today and after fitting the shocks, I noticed that the rear of the truck looks very low.

The shocks are the correct way around (longer set at the rear). And I'm running Yellow 80mm Front / Green 90mm Rear.

At the front, and with the weight taken off the shocks, the wishbones hang downward. This settles into a nice, flat stance once the sag has been taken up.

However, at the rear, there is no sag. With no weight on the shocks, the wishbones are horizontal, caused by the shocks being shorter than stock. With weight on the shocks, they need the preload adjusting significantly to settle flat. Otherwise it drags its behind.

Are you Tekno shock owners experiencing the same thing?

Last edited:
I haven't actually put mine on yet but, even with the stock ones, the preload has to be cranked way down to get that level ride. I don't think that you can really get the rear to sit much higher than level with the stockers unless you put in some really long springs.

I sold my stock shocks before using them so don't really recall how it sat on them. My issue is that the Teknos are only a few mm's shorter than stock but it looks like it's dragging its ar$e.

Once you've fitted yours @L3 RC , would you mind posting a pic just so I can cross-reference how mine looks? Thanks!

Sure will! Just waiting on the standoffs

@83N Just had a thought - if the shocks are indeed shorter from eye to eye than the stock ones, the question becomes how do you make that dimension a little longer?

My thoughts, and it's a cheap experiment, is to order the lower shock ends for a Losi XXL2e. I am 99% sure they are longer than the MT410 shock ends and they are both 4mm diameter shafts.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-plastic-shock-hardware-pair-lst-lst2.-losb2900/p5874

Last edited:
Hmmm.... I'll take a pic of mine with the Teknos on when I get home. I replaced the stock shocks on mine with the Teknos before I even ran it. From what I remember, it wasn't really sagging too much in the rear, but I did crank the collars down half way. I'm also running green springs in the back, but yellow up front. I'll post a pic in a couple hours when I get off work.

Here is mine. It sits level in the rear

Attachments

• 20170606_164428.jpg
    20170606_164428.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 77
Ok, so mine is 'normal'. Thank goodness. I've now cranked my adjusters down two-thirds and it sits the same as yours Hypno/ DP.

After having lighter 1/8 buggies, adjusting to near the max preload at the rear to just sit level is a bit alien to me...

Thanks for clearing that up for me, chaps!

Yeah, stock with 90mm tekno green springs, still need to crank down the pre load most of the way to get any good clearance. The new RPM arms have an additional shock mount hole, possible help for additional clearance.

Finally got my Tekno stand-offs in the post today and after fitting the shocks, I noticed that the rear of the truck looks very low.

The shocks are the correct way around (longer set at the rear). And I'm running Yellow 80mm Front / Green 90mm Rear.

At the front, and with the weight taken off the shocks, the wishbones hang downward. This settles into a nice, flat stance once the sag has been taken up.

However, at the rear, there is no sag. With no weight on the shocks, the wishbones are horizontal, caused by the shocks being shorter than stock. With weight on the shocks, they need the preload adjusting significantly to settle flat. Otherwise it drags its behind.

Are you Tekno shock owners experiencing the same thing?

Try and change up the Shock Oil I went with Losi 80 weight with My Tekno Shock Up Grade and have Tons of Shock Leverage either Soft to Vary Stiff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back