Kraton Totally bulletproof differential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Fart51

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Talion
The biggest problem with Arrma is the diffs, 1 have 10 Arrmas and love them all except for constantly rebuilding the diffs. I have found the perfect solution. This is the result of 3 years of testing my solution. 3 years ago I replaced my diffs with Redcat TR MT8e diffs in my Kraton and outcast. Ran tons of 6s packs and totally abused them. Without a single problem. Today I took them apart for service and they still look like brand new. Didn’t have to replace anything, just clean, reassemble put diff fluid in and send it. Just buy complete new Redcat diffs including drive cups, remove Redcat ring gear and replace with arrma ring gear.

REDCAT RACING MADE A HIGH QUALITY PART?!?
Excited Season 5 GIF by Friends

No problem with the exb diffs here.. the problem I had on the standard diffs was the ring gear.
3 years on a diff?? That alone I find impossible. Not saying it isn't but the way I drive 6 months tops and a rebuild is needed

And it just drops right in?!?! Seems crazy! What fluids were you running? Any other changes?! I MUST KNOW MORE!!!
Drops right in. Use arrma ring gear. Running 80 500 80. Gears are thicker and no interior shimming needed
No problem with the exb diffs here.. the problem I had on the standard diffs was the ring gear.
3 years on a diff?? That alone I find impossible. Not saying it isn't but the way I drive 6 months tops and a rebuild is needed
3 years and no sign of where
And I mean ALL your info! Does it replace all three diffs? Got part numbers? Pics?

REDCAT RACING MADE A HIGH QUALITY PART?!?
Excited Season 5 GIF by Friends
It’s actually not redcat. Made by Team Magic
Drops right in. Use arrma ring gear. Running 80 500 80. Gears are thicker and no interior shimming needed

3 years and no sign of where
505240 is part number for complete diff. Can be used for all three diffs. Running them hard for 3 years with no failures. Compared to my other arrmas, I have to rebuild arrmas 2 to 3 times a year. I literally took them apart after 3 years just to look at them and clean them up. Still looks like new inside.

Attachments

• 50AAE7E6-71DF-485E-9788-58B13537B002.jpeg
    50AAE7E6-71DF-485E-9788-58B13537B002.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

505240 is part number for complete diff. Can be used for all three diffs. Running them hard for 3 years with no failures. Compared to my other arrmas, I have to rebuild arrmas 2 to 3 times a year. I literally took them apart after 3 years just to look at them and clean them up. Still looks like new inside.
The diff pin holders look legitimately built to withstand distortion. I bet the gear tolerances stay put better because of that. Thumbs up here💯💯💯

I guess they don't like to sell stuff. Can't find anything and their website does not allow access... 🤷‍♂️
2 on ebay shipping from Taiwan at $52ea.

The diff internals look good but what about output drive cups ? Even M2C doesn't last more than a season for some i.e. how do they look and compare to stock?

I guess they don't like to sell stuff. Can't find anything and their website does not allow access... 🤷‍♂️
2 on ebay shipping from Taiwan at $52ea.

The diff internals look good but what about output drive cups ? Even M2C doesn't last more than a season for some i.e. how do they look and compare to stock?
Drive cups looking great. I ordered mine from eBay

Those things look beastly. Can you measure the drive pins and output shaft thickness? Looks huge in the pics. Good find right there. I spend over $1000 a year on diffs. This might be a life saver. What does that go in?

Either they are made out of some super steel or how do you 'bash'?
Sounds like you found the holy grail or just too good to be true (YMMV in this case).

I want these to be good, don't get me wrong. Any pictures or videos of you bashing style and how many packs do you run per season/year?

Also the one you mentioned is from Team Magic (not Redcat) but using stock Arrma ring gear?

Those things look beastly. Can you measure the drive pins and output shaft thickness? Looks huge in the pics. Good find right there. I spend over $1000 a year on diffs. This might be a life saver. What does that go in?
This one goes back in my kraton . Drive pins nearly twice as thick as Arrma. Output shaft , cups and bearings exact size as Arrma. Main difference is RC gears are thicker and deeper and everything fits with no slop

I like what your selling here mr. ! I agree it looks much beefier than stock arrma.... Now you said you been running this for three years.... I'm sitting here wondering if it would work in a v5 kraton... Since my interchange knowledge isn't as vast as most!

If you could exchange the ring, input and diff case it would be just dreamy.
I didn’t try it, but I think you could use the ring and pinion from redcat. Redcat ring and pinion have a lot more meat on them. And definitely use the redcat case.
I like what your selling here mr. ! I agree it looks much beefier than stock arrma.... Now you said you been running this for three years.... I'm sitting here wondering if it would work in a v5 kraton... Since my interchange knowledge isn't as vast as most!
Should work in the V5.

So, you use the arrma input pinion and ring gear. The redcat/team magic cup, sun/spider/x-pins/x-pin supports/outdrives?

How many shims on the ring gear side do you use? Curious if the cup is shorter/taller than arrma.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back