Kraton Totally bulletproof differential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
REDCAT RACING MADE A HIGH QUALITY PART?!?
Excited Season 5 GIF by Friends
Redcat doesn't make those Team Magic is the OEM.

I never hear of the MT8e guys having diff problems, those trucks are actually really durable.

@Aussie RC Playground reviewed the Team Magic versions of that truck.

Last edited:
So, you use the arrma input pinion and ring gear. The redcat/team magic cup, sun/spider/x-pins/x-pin supports/outdrives?

How many shims on the ring gear side do you use? Curious if the cup is shorter/taller than arrma.
Cup is same size

The biggest problem with Arrma is the diffs, 1 have 10 Arrmas and love them all except for constantly rebuilding the diffs. I have found the perfect solution. This is the result of 3 years of testing my solution. 3 years ago I replaced my diffs with Redcat TR MT8e diffs in my Kraton and outcast. Ran tons of 6s packs and totally abused them. Without a single problem. Today I took them apart for service and they still look like brand new. Didn’t have to replace anything, just clean, reassemble put diff fluid in and send it. Just buy complete new Redcat diffs including drive cups, remove Redcat ring gear and replace with arrma ring gear.
don't have much trouble with diffs at all break the odd pin here and there and thats it

Last edited:
But isn't this redcat truck discontinued? So do we just buy up all the diffs we can find since they will go the way of the dinosaur soon? Or is it still a current part through team magic or?

But isn't this redcat truck discontinued? So do we just buy up all the diffs we can find since they will go the way of the dinosaur soon? Or is it still a current part through team magic or?
No because as mentioned above Redcat didn't make them Team Magic does and it is still available through them. The downside is you have to order the Team Magic ones from Europe as Team Magic doesn't have any US distribution. https://www.teammagiceurope.net/articles.php?id_article=1000019720
I do wish Team Magic would get some sort of US distribution as they make some really nice stuff.

Ahh Europeans can't get our stuff and they get angry... Finally it's our turn!

No problem with the exb diffs here.. the problem I had on the standard diffs was the ring gear.
3 years on a diff?? That alone I find impossible. Not saying it isn't but the way I drive 6 months tops and a rebuild is needed
Who you kidding? 6 months? I want video proof. I’ve seen you shred them in 6 seconds let alone 6 months 🤣🤣🤣🤘🏻🤘🏻🤛🏻

Yes, team magic is the real OEM
No because as mentioned above Redcat didn't make them Team Magic does and it is still available through them. The downside is you have to order the Team Magic ones from Europe as Team Magic doesn't have any US distribution. https://www.teammagiceurope.net/articles.php?id_article=1000019720
I do wish Team Magic would get some sort of US distribution as they make some really nice stuff.
On eBay

Just did my first exb dif service and already see some play in components, and horizon said like 4 months till there junk so if there is something strong we could use would be sweet

Who you kidding? 6 months? I want video proof. I’ve seen you shred them in 6 seconds let alone 6 months 🤣🤣🤣🤘🏻🤘🏻🤛🏻
Crap must have been a typo. Lol
These exb diffs are holding up great so far. I did recently hear some random clicking but didn't happen until last time I had it out. I went from punch 1 to max punch.

How many packs you have threw it ,I had new dif in pack and compared to one I ran and there was some noticable difference but I could be just being paranoid lol because I love it so much.
If you use those red cat parts are you adding slipper plates or going completely open???? Please show a assembly video

I've been running the same diff setup in my Outcast 6s since at least November 2019. The last time I ordered a diff from Jennys was October 26th 2019 the ones before that were June 7th 2019 and May 24th 2019.

I've been running the same diff setup in my Outcast 6s since at least November 2019. The last time I ordered a diff from Jennys was October 26th 2019 the ones before that were June 7th 2019 and May 24th 2019.
Clearly, you are doing it wrong.

That’s easy for a shelf queen 🤣🤘🏻

How many packs you have threw it ,I had new dif in pack and compared to one I ran and there was some noticable difference but I could be just being paranoid lol because I love it so much.
If you use those red cat parts are you adding slipper plates or going completely open???? Please show a assembly video
No slipper plates. Build them just like Arrma. Don’t have any build video. I run my trucks about twice a week, very hard. Took apart after 3 years. Still looks new

Hmmm for 50 bucks might try it I used to run my rig daily but now she run a little less as I see it's like owning a little Ferrari, 🤣
And it looks like red cat still makes them and that team Magic Place makes them as well so they seem readily available unlike the Armistice which are getting harder and harder to get
What I want to know is how come I've never seen any reviews on this team magic truck 750 for a rolling chassis is really expensive but it looks pretty sick is there like a higher class of RC cars that I don't know about like supercars LOL

No wonder my TR MT8e V2 is such a beast :ROFLMAO: But it came with the all metal center diff & I bought the f/r cups too. Honestly, that mostly plastic truck is stronger & more powerful than any Arrma 1/8 RTR I ever had. The only thing that ever happened to it was pulling a pillow ball. I replaced all 4 corners with aluminum & never gave it a second thought. As for the diffs, I put them in my V2 Outcast on a whim & forgot all about them, until I seen this. But that was back when I was destroying rear diffs in the thing every other run. Both have been collecting dust for a while because of the Kaiju, EXBs, & 1/5 scales. I should check up on them once in a while.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back