Vendetta Vendetta 150+ build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the new hub and axle in today. Car is ready to rock. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow for a run or two.
Instead of using the heavily shaved down foam tires That were around 92-93mm I’m using the foams I took off my limitess. They are probably 100mm and required a good bit more clearance.

I was able to get my buddy at the hobby shop to make so wheel well extensions to allow me to trim the body but not have the wheel exposed.
View attachment 202886View attachment 202887View attachment 202888

View attachment 202889

View attachment 202890

Why do you guys shave the tires down? Is it due to fitment or that’s like a sweet spot?

I thought the bigger wheels will net a higher top speed?

I know the Vendetta has a smaller wheel but people do this on the Limitless GTs and open wheel as well.

Why do you guys shave the tires down? Is it due to fitment or that’s like a sweet spot?

I thought the bigger wheels will net a higher top speed?

I know the Vendetta has a smaller wheel but people do this on the Limitless GTs and open wheel as well.
Mostly it is about trueing the wheel and getting them cut perfectly flat. I was using shaved down foams on the vendetta becuase they were left overs from the limitless that were worn down too far to use anymore.

The thing about the size of the tires to the speed you get, one to two teeth different on a pinion will fix that.

Got the flares mounted on the body and car is back together

D842F434-AF5C-4738-B35F-7AD3CBCA2343.jpeg
5776F7B6-CAB3-4F55-8510-FF310B264504.jpeg

5FCF7493-E681-405E-949C-B3BBD74F863A.jpeg

Shows the excessive temp detected code. Which is why I had trouble getting the car to come back. It eventually rebooted and I drove back.

Looks like the fan shroud is broken and kept the esc fan from spinning. Definitely didn’t help the situation

Last edited:
View attachment 203147
Shows the excessive temp detected code. Which is why I had trouble getting the car to come back. It eventually rebooted and I drove back.

Looks like the fan shroud is broken and kept the esc fan from spinning. Definitely didn’t help the situation
WOW,150,think 160 will be your goal soon enough.did you remove fan on xlx2???may need to reinstall....GREAT JOB...nevermind I see fan in bind

Great work! That is really impressive for that platform!!!!
Appreciate it.
WOW,150,think 160 will be your goal soon enough.did you remove fan on xlx2???may need to reinstall....GREAT JOB...nevermind I see fan in bind
This is still the mmx8s but yea the fan shroud had a crack I didn’t see. Hopefully it still performs well next time out. I have a fanwercs high rpm fan I may even put of there.

View attachment 203147

Congrats brother,WORLDS FASTEST VENDETTA!!!!!!an the season hasn't even started yet....I predict 160mph from you bye July......

Congrats brother,WORLDS FASTEST VENDETTA!!!!!!an the season hasn't even started yet....I predict 160mph from you bye July......
Appreciate it buddy.
If you don't mind me asking, is your gearing still 28/34?
Yea man. 28/34. I think I’m maxing out this motor so any more gearing would probably just drag the voltage down more and I probably wouldn’t gain any more speed. I’m still only running a single 5000mah battery so finding that balance of gearing is key

Appreciate it buddy.

Yea man. 28/34. I think I’m maxing out this motor so any more gearing would probably just drag the voltage down more and I probably wouldn’t gain any more speed. I’m still only running a single 5000mah battery so finding that balance of gearing is key
Have you thought about 7s or 8s?

Have you thought about 7s or 8s?
I’m not really interested to overvolt this setup. My main goal was 6s to do 150. I think I’ll get there. I have to solder some connectors but I have a 4000 and a 3000mah so I can try a parralel setup once I know the esc is still healthy from this last outing.that’s about all the battery I can fit u see this body.
My second build will eventually see 8s usually the 4070 motor. I may be able to push more speed with that car since it’s using a more aerodynamic body and a Xlx2

I’m not really interested to overvolt this setup. My main goal was 6s to do 150. I think I’ll get there. I have to solder some connectors but I have a 4000 and a 3000mah so I can try a parralel setup once I know the esc is still healthy from this last outing.that’s about all the battery I can fit u see this body.
My second build will eventually see 8s usually the 4070 motor. I may be able to push more speed with that car since it’s using a more aerodynamic body and a Xlx2
Is the motor only made for 6s?

View attachment 203147

It looks that’s all you. Would you consider coming to the dark side and use Perfect Pass?!

It looks that’s all you. Would you consider coming to the dark side and use Perfect Pass?!
I’ve tried it and have one in one of my parts cases but like it without it. I’m sure it might net a couple mph more.
I will say these past couple runs I am very rusty compared to my logs from before winter that were butter smooth.

Granted I ramped up at the end but this one is my 145 pass before winter. Most of my logs has a very smooth increase. On that 149 pass log I had to overcorrect steering half way thru and it really wasn’t a great pass other than the speed I got
AE5B55B3-18EF-475B-9FFF-23BCA8537A08.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve tried it and have one in one of my parts cases but like it without it. I’m sure it might net a couple mph more.
I will say these past couple runs I am very rusty compared to my logs from before winter that were butter smooth.

Granted I ramped up at the end but this one is my 145 pass before winter. Most of my logs has a very smooth increase. On that 149 pass log I had to overcorrect steering half way thru and it really wasn’t a great pass other than the speed I gotView attachment 203716

Just a matter of time before you get over 150 on the plastic chassis!

That 145mph datalog with the PP had like no voltage sag!!

Just a matter of time before you get over 150 on the plastic chassis!

That 145mph datalog with the PP had like no voltage sag!!
That was without perfect pass 😁 I was just much better on the trigger

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back