Kraton Well, i guess i'm officially part of the club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gato

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Bought my son a 6s Kraton for Christmas... took me about 5 seconds to decide i needed one too... First run was saturday. this thing is a beast and tons of fun BUT, near what should have been the end of my first pack the car just coasted to a stop. As we were walking up to it i could see smoke and hear the ESC startup sounds. Ran over, pulled the body off and unplugged the batteries. Once i tore everything down i found this (see pic). Hopefully all the other electronics are ok.

20210125_112552.jpg

This is so goofy, please arrma go back to the ads-15m lol. Its kinda killin the RTR experience.

You should be able to power it without a servo and make sure it still has throttle and reverse.

Also ds servos on amazon are cheap and good. 25 to 30kg for around $25

This is so goofy, please arrma go back to the ads-15m lol. Its kinda killin the RTR experience.

You should be able to power it without a servo and make sure it still has throttle and reverse.

Also ds servos on amazon are cheap and good. 25 to 30kg for around $25
yea, already ordered a 25kg amazon special... If horizon hobby sends me a warranty replacement its going in the spare parts pile.

yea, already ordered a 25kg amazon special... If horizon hobby sends me a warranty replacement its going in the spare parts pile.
That's if they even send you a whole servo. I sent them a video of the problem and they sent me servo gears?? Like what the hell

That's if they even send you a whole servo. I sent them a video of the problem and they sent me servo gears?? Like what the hell
Well, unless they have bottles of the magic smoke and really good instructions on how to put it back in, I don't think gears are going to help me much...

Well, unless they have bottles of the magic smoke and really good instructions on how to put it back in, I don't think gears are going to help me much...
Yea, not sure what gave them the impression that it was a mechanical problem

I’ve heard the new spectrum servos are crap but I haven’t seen this yet... 😳

my DS3235SG’s have been almost bomb proof, I typically strip out the servo horn instead. 😈

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back