Felony Well !! That escalated Quickly!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, what this guy said. ☝️ Jesus Harold Christ @Ron Burgandy, use some freaking thread lock! And clean the mating gasket surfaces with alcohol (NOT Tito’s, just drink that) before assembly to get the silicon off and to achieve a proper seal.
Your Felonaction will thank you, and will keep his (hers?) loins free of extraneous diff fluid.
I loled at J Harold C !!

Left the farm and these were sitting at front door !!!!
Told ya guys I have got “parts trickling in daily “ thing down !!
More aluminum for the Felonaction !!!
Shiny !!!
E2DC8126-9426-45A7-9ACF-8B967749FA62.jpeg

Ran her for a min yesterday
With the new shocks , new HR shock stand offs , new aluminum sway bar to aarm holders .
Some how the top bolt on the front chassis brace backed out and rubbed on my shined new scorched front shaft …
Didn’t bend it or anything but marked it up where it it rubbed …
I’ll put new bolt/screw in it and try er this afternoon…
Question
My original sway bar holder deals were always somewhat loose . You know the plastic POS. Sway bar holders with the lil set screw in em ?
These aluminum ones are nice and don’t loosen up .
Question is
Do I keep all the sway bar set screws tight ?
Even at the diff where the sway bar cover and two set screws are ?
I’ve got them all locked down tight on sway bar . Is that correct or is the sway bar supposed to move in the diff and or sway bar an arm holders ?
Not sure if I’m explaining correctly?
Do I tighten all the frikin sway bar set screws or not ?
And some tell me again why I shouldn’t run a spool instead of a center diff for bashing the Felonaction!?
I keep blowing center diffs !
Why won’t a spool work in the center for bashing?
I would of course be using front and rear diffs .
This thing is getting irritating!!!!!
I just wanna smoke tires !!!!!

Last edited:
With the new shocks , new HR shock stand offs , new aluminum sway bar to aarm holders .
Some how the top bolt on the front chassis brace backed out and rubbed on my shined new scorched front shaft …
Question
My original sway bar holder deals were always somewhat loose . You know the plastic POS. Sway bar holders with the lil set screw in em ?
Question is
I’ve got them all locked down tight on sway bar . Is that correct or is the sway bar supposed to move in the diff and or sway bar an arm holders ?
And some tell me again why I shouldn’t run a spool instead of a center diff for bashing the Felonaction!?
I have those aluminum sway bar end thingies on a few of my rigs now. I'm no expert but I snug up the screws in the ends but leave the ones in the diff covers kinda loose so they can pivot there. I've also found if I try to tighten those screws on the plastic sway bar covers the covers themselves will lift up off the diff.

Threadlock, man. Threadlock!
Question
Question is
When torqued the swaybar should have slight movement possible. They just need to stay properly aligned in the mounts. And…threadlock.
You can run a spool but it will turn like a pig and stress the driveline. They’re pretty much meant for straight line speed runs. And…threadlock, man! JHC! 😊

I’m pretty sure I’m “stressing drive line” already ..
So ,???
Should a fella use thread lock on fastening hardware on wanna deez RC cars???

I do use TL on metal to metal...example, chassis screws into chassis braces, motor mount, etc. Ends of the swaybars off the arms I never have on any 6S rig. The screw biting into the bar has been good enough for me. I do allow movement on the diff itself for the swaybar.

I'm no pro, but none on the screws swaybar have backed out. As you posted, maybe your center diff and creating more stress abroad 🤷‍♂️

I’m gonna try a spool in place of center diff …
I realize it’s been said not to use a spool for bashing…..however, this lil TP motor is shredding center diffs …
So ima try it …. What’s the worst that could happen???
BTW …..
It appears my oldest has become a member here on Arrma forum.
Look out _Arrma forum !!!! Lol

He appears to be quite well mannered, ya done good! :) "Note I said appears to be" In case he's a little poop at home. :ROFLMAO:

He appears to be quite well mannered, ya done good! :) "Note I said appears to be" In case he's a little poop at home. :ROFLMAO:
I mean …..
He’s 12 …
Sooooo …
Ya lol
He’s a good kid man .
I don’t give him and his brothers too many other options.
I appreciate your compliment!
being a father to 3 sons is probably one of my top 5 life pride goals !!!
😂😂😂😂😂😂

I’m gonna try a spool in place of center diff …
I realize it’s been said not to use a spool for bashing…..however, this lil TP motor is shredding center diffs …
So ima try it …. What’s the worst that could happen???
BTW …..
Are you still running different diff ratios front and rear? I meant to ask, because I know you liked doing that and that will unquestionably routinely eat center diffs. If you try that unbalance diff setup with a spool, then…. Tell you what, I’ll nip that sentence in the bud, I just request that you shoot video with full audio if you try this.

Are you still running different diff ratios front and rear? I meant to ask, because I know you liked doing that and that will unquestionably routinely eat center diffs. If you try that unbalance diff setup with a spool, then…. Tell you what, I’ll nip that sentence in the bud, I just request that you shoot video with full audio if you try this.
No sir
GP5 front and rear !
Even put paint marker on outside of diff cause I’m old and forget sh:t ..,,
Hate the way it runs with matching f/r diffs !!!
I totally agree if running Gp6 front gp5 rear would stress the f out the center diff !
As I mentioned and in my opinion I’m stressing all diffs regardless of matching or not front rear ., but like you mentioned especially the center.
It’s such a different rig than b4
More weight , all around!
It squats hard on rear , of course , and in my opinion not transferring any weight to front and if it is the lil TP motor is like F you center diff and just spins spiders in center diff.
I don’t wanna turn
I give zero Fs about turns …
I want the frikin tires f/r to spin / smoke on command then we can
Leve the driving and turning up to Papa Burgandy!!!
I can promise I will try f/r diffs in both configurations with the spool and report back .
My tiny brain says it’s gonna work ….
😂

So ya
I put the spool in as soon as I pulled it from the mailbox ….
Same diffs (GP5 front and rear )
I also said ….
F it and put the larger of the 2 pinion gears on (was running 27 pinion went to 34) as the spool was smaller diameter it was less work in my limited time to get it together for a lil “test run”
Man does that mamba Jamba get it !!!!
Have no trouble turning using GP5 f/r
What I do have is the infamous ass end coming around again …
In fact
In about one pack on 8s the rears
And ONLY the rears are almost gone . …
Front tires look driven on but not smoky burnout dirt slide wear …
Either my suspension is not setup correctly and weight distribution is putting all power to rears or front diff is messed up ….not sure limited time …
But just from the way it was not controllable to me I will absofrikinlutly putting taller gear in front again …
Hopefully it will behave like it did before and spin fronts faster sooner and pull a little at least from front end !!!!!
I don’t want to ad weight to front .
But if I could reposition lipos to front maybe reposition receiver box put one 4s closer to front on each side of center brace might help with putting some weight on front …. (And add GP6 to front) )
I’ll try fit it in my freaking 14 hr work days ….
Will update
I’m glad I got the spool
If you havnt tried one for bashing I definitely wouldn’t be afraid of it
I’m no horizon engineer but the spool did not effect my steering at all .
My tiny brain , asked itself, why would center diff effect turns ..especially while using a functional f/r diff ?
as I said I’ve only ran it once with spool
Maybe the spool is the reason only the rear tires are toast . ?
Still learning…..
I’ll get vids with audio once I get taller gear in front and some time to do a run !!!
Woooooooooooo. !!!!
Sleep 💤

I will absofrikinlutly putting taller gear in front again …
😌 Good luck with that, especially with a spool. I’m very interested to hear how you like it, I just can’t imagine it will work out well though.

Jeeez Dan Dan Danny DOWNER
I thought we were tight ….
LOL

I’m definitely considering “reconfiguring” the lipo , rec, setup and placing lipos as far forward on chassis as well as placing one lipo on each side of chassis!
with some REALLY QUICK preliminary measurements I think I can make it happen if I relocate rec, box and might havta raise servo just a lil bit to clear lipo on that side …
Pic below for reference, I’d like to put the lipo in the rear forward and on right where rec box and servo are!!
I’ve never liked having both lipos on same side and the rear one just adds so much MORE weight to rear end !!!
Idk if lipo on servo side will clear TP motor???
“Real life issues “ !!!!
It’s just not balanced as far as weight distribution imo…..
You could absolutely be correct on the spool and the taller gear in the front ???
Me not know ….
I’ve had really good luck with it before.
And I think the TP motor has enuf ass to keep the tires spinning???
So we shall see .
8BA7B40B-D2AA-4435-882D-3F0C56D10D7C.jpeg
8BA7B40B-D2AA-4435-882D-3F0C56D10D7C.jpeg

Last edited:
Jeeez Dan Dan Danny DOWNER
I thought we were tight ….
LOL

I’m definitely considering “reconfiguring” the lipo , rec, setup and placing lipos as far forward on chassis as well as placing one lipo on each side of chassis!
with some REALLY QUICK preliminary measurements I think I can make it happen if I relocate rec, box and might havta raise servo just a lil bit to clear lipo on that side …
Pic below for reference, I’d like to put the lipo in the rear forward and on right where rec box and servo are!!
I’ve never liked having both lipos on same side and the rear one just adds so much MORE weight to rear end !!!
Idk if lipo on servo side will clear TP motor???
“Real life issues “ !!!!
It’s just not balanced as far as weight distribution imo…..
You could absolutely be correct on the spool and the taller gear in the front ???
Me not know ….
I’ve had really good luck with it before.
And I think the TP motor has enuf ass to keep the tires spinning???
So we shall see .View attachment 290595View attachment 290595
Yeah, having both packs on the same side definitely makes for wonky weight distribution. I have to have my batteries evenly distributed L/R, having them on one side (except if I'm just running a solo pack of course but balancing one pack is a different proposition entirely) drives me crazy and I can't enjoy the drive. I reconfigured the layout of my car a couple of weeks ago and it now affords me the option of running 4x4S packs, four abreast at the front of the chassis so I can run either 8S parallel or 4S quadrallel, lol.

Back