Felony Well !! That escalated Quickly!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct
This flat spot is only on one tire
Left rear .
I am not balancing
Never done it to rc car
But that’s why I assumed it factory defect or maybe something wrong with the car I havnt found yet
One would think if the left rear tire was locking up it would cause it to spin rite the heck out
I just changed fluid in all 3 diffs and did not notice anything that would cause left rear tire to lock up
This has happened 2 maybe 3 times out of the 17000000000 hoons I’ve purchased
I’m like ... what ????
And yes it’s definitely out of balance
Like I can’t even use the tire with one run because it bounces the rear end to heck ....
Hence out of balance from factory .
Where is that lawyer phone number? Lol

Not surprised that you have quality issues, still a bummer.

Lawyer GIF by memecandy

Correct
This flat spot is only on one tire
Left rear .
I am not balancing
Never done it to rc car
But that’s why I assumed it factory defect or maybe something wrong with the car I havnt found yet
One would think if the left rear tire was locking up it would cause it to spin rite the heck out
I just changed fluid in all 3 diffs and did not notice anything that would cause left rear tire to lock up
This has happened 2 maybe 3 times out of the 17000000000 hoons I’ve purchased
I’m like ... what ????
And yes it’s definitely out of balance
Like I can’t even use the tire with one run because it bounces the rear end to heck ....
Hence out of balance from factory .
Where is that lawyer phone number? Lol
Once you flatspot a tire it will find that spot consistently. Next question are your shocks adjust the same for the 2 rear shocks and do the fronts match each other. The more I read the more I see these little RC are a lot like real cars. If one shock is adjust up or down more than another it can effect the weight loading on the other corners of the RC which would effect braking .

Ok
Sooooooo
I took the felony to work and ran it on a Long straight stretch ‘
Only “straight” road I’ve been able to run it on and still using the “slow” pinion gear !
I was able to hold it full throttle and watch the back of the car at its full speed, with 100k rear 100k center 30k front diff fluids with my 2 x 3s 8000mah 100c batteries
Even at full speed under full throttle the rear is swaying right to left !!!
not out of control
But it isn’t shooting straight!
So......
this morning
I impulse purchased the infraction diff from Jenny’s to install in the rear of the felony to make it perform more like the infractions I’ve heard about (although I’ve never seen one in person other than on the shelf at LHS)
Being a 1;1 gear head for many years I began to ponder the mechanics of all wheel drive vehicles.
Ive pondered it before yet I took into consideration the experience of everyone’s posts in this and other threads regarding the lack of handling and or performance , as well as the comparison of the felony to the infraction and continued to utilize the much appreciated advice and information.
Much appreciated
With that said
From my experience in the 1:1 wrenching world I always thought most awd and or 4wd vehicles had a slight gearing difference front to rear with the fromt being a taller gear , meaning , the taller geared drive diff will propel the front tires at a “slightly” higher rate so the front pulls the vehicle in the direction it’s steering preventing the rear from pushing the vehicle from the rear tires “too” much ...
This keeps the vehicle straight.
at least that is my understanding and makes sense in my brain . 🥴
Yes I get it
The rear tires are taller on the felony and wider .
And some engineer at Arrma did the math and came to the conclusion that holy cow we gotta adjust the diff gearing for use of a larger diameter rear tire on the Felony .
In my “opinion” it should be like that anyway !!!!
I’m now going full Burgandy !!
IMO the infraction should have a taller gear in the front diff .
Why would it not ?
If you want the front end to pull and not have the ass end try to come around that’s exactly what you would do in an AWD 1:1 car
I always thought the industry standard was one gear ratio higher in front.
Just like all your factory 4x4 trucks .
I’ve already purchased the infraction diff
I also for giggles put all 4 - 42/100/2.9 white hoons on the felony and let her eat !
The difference was night and day
It doesn’t sway left and right at the rear !
It doesn’t come around on itself!
It was /is very controllable with all 4 of the same size tires and a taller gear in the front !!!
Sorry not sorry for the long post 🤗

I soooooo thought of this months ago but never tried it .
As I tried to explain above I’ve always thought the gearing should be taller in the front !
It doesn’t look bad with the smaller tires on the rear as it’s going faster than it did with the large hoons on rear .
Much faster !
In summary
Lol
It’s my opinion the big hoons are for looks and completely degrades the drivability of the felony
I feel the infraction needs a taller gear in the front diff to handle “properly” !
again just my opinion and personal experience here but I’m
Off to buy a new set of 4 42/100/2.9 hoons to mount all the way around .
If it drives anything like it did with the half worn out 42/100/2.9 hoons I’ll be tickled !
If you read this entire post
Congratulations 😬😬😬😬

Last edited:
Just ran it with 4 new 42/100/2.9 hoons and don’t see myself switching back to the larger rear hoons anytime soon .
It ran straight when I wanted it to
Drift whenever I want
Just turn and gag throttle!!
aim it where I want and hammer down !!!
At no point did it come around on itself like it use to with the bigger hoons on the rear !
So much better
And cheaper !!!
Smoke just rolling !!!

Thoughts ? Opinions ?
Yes I strategically located children to cushion possible crash 😀😀
Seems like it’s running pretty good !
Made one little change I may not have mentioned in this thread !!!
Just seeing what you guys think from this not so good vid
I can handle constructive criticism !!!!

Nice, now you can swap to GRP and save some $$ for the same amount of fun.

Don't think there is an overdrive, as you name it, in standard 1:1 AWD systems, at least not on road. It would wear out the tires quickly.
Maybe in the earlier days it did but nowadays it's more about the controlling electronics than pure hard gearing.
Not an expert though.

I would agree ...

And yes I would like to try a set of GRP tires to see how she runs on them .
Thats the second run on that set of tires and I’m just now seeing the dots disappear on the tires so I might get four runs ....maybe 5 ???
However with these batteries a run is close to 30 mins .
So
Not too bad considering the way I run it
Thanks again for everyone’s input !

Been awhile since I’ve posted in here
Pesky thing called work taking away from my RC time !!!
So I put the infraction rear diff in I purchased from Jrc just to see how it drove
However!!!
The motor petered out on me
Ima say it got too hot ??
either way
I’m asking you all for recommendations of the most ridiculous 6S motor and esc combo to throw in this felony ??
Not wanting to go 8s cause don’t wanna have to purchase more batteries
Lemme know what u guys recommend
The Burg

Back