What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I break a wing mount every time I’ve gone out this winter... stock AND rpm. My advice to Kraton guys, pick up a black Tekno wing it fits perfectly and it’s way tougher than the Kraton wing (dosent look as cool). It’s twice as thick and bendy.

I’m experimenting a way to mount the Tekno wing mount, I’ve never broken one yet and I can’t even female dog at Arrma because the RPM one broke easier.

Broke my T-Bone front bumper, arrma wing mount and cracked the body a little more. When this body finally goes I think I will go wingless with the senton brace mounts and t bone rear bumper/wheelie bar. The T-Bone stuff a least has a warranty and they are good with honoring it. I break a wing mount i week on this thing.
Yeah it’s getting rediculous for me too with the wing mounts... I’ve spent about $150.00 in wing mounts this winter it’s annoying. The issue is that the wing mounts don’t attach to the rear tower so they are longer than usual. The heavy weight and weather is a bad combo.

I break a wing mount every time I’ve gone out this winter... stock AND rpm. My advice to Kraton guys, pick up a black Tekno wing it fits perfectly and it’s way tougher than the Kraton wing (dosent look as cool). It’s twice as thick and bendy.

I’m experimenting a way to mount the Tekno wing mount, I’ve never broken one yet and I can’t even female dog at Arrma because the RPM one broke easier.
Buy another stock one, boil it for 5-10 minutes then soak it in wd40 overnight. I too was going through wing mounts left front and center but since doing that it has been taking a beating since June. But the wing hasn't faired so well I should have boiled that too.

Buy another stock one, boil it for 5-10 minutes then soak it in wd40 overnight. I too was going through wing mounts left front and center but since doing that it has been taking a beating since June. But the wing hasn't faired so well I should have boiled that too.
Damn been years since I boiled parts but I’ll give it a go. The stock wings are just too complex with multi-levels and mine crack always the same location. Try a Tekno, it fits the stock location perfect and is a thick bendy plastic. That worked for me. I’ll try the old boiling trick on the wing mount once it gets shipped to me. In the meantime I’m also looking into alternative wing mounts so I won’t mention anything till I test them, and test the stocker boiled.

Finally i break something on my arrma granite blx ? this truck is tough ?

Attachments

• 20190224_153208.jpg
    20190224_153208.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 20190224_153214.jpg
    20190224_153214.jpg
    573.6 KB · Views: 50
Big air took out one of the Talions wheels this evening
View attachment 31175

lol... all four of mine look like that... the backs broke, rotated to the front and then they eventually all broke... next, they will strip the hex cause of the break... That happened on the last bash session with my talion... haha... arrma strong!

lol... all four of mine look like that... the backs broke, rotated to the front and then they eventually all broke... next, they will strip the hex cause of the break... That happened on the last bash session with my talion... haha... arrma strong!
Upon further inspection I see I've got another wheel starting to crack on the inside as well. Really like the Katar tires but the wheels don't seem to be up to the task.

Does anyone know of a decent aftermarket wheel that is a direct replacement to mount the stock Katars on?

Upon further inspection I see I've got another wheel starting to crack on the inside as well. Really like the Katar tires but the wheels don't seem to be up to the task.

Does anyone know of a decent aftermarket wheel that is a direct replacement to mount the stock Katars on?

I was just thinking about how there are like 5 wheels we can use... it sucks... might have to settle for a new set of some badlands...

DE Racing 3.8 truggy wheels they have a boat load of colors and are about $20 for a set of 4 and they are the correct offset at least for the Outcast anyway.
DER-PST-48O is orange
DER-PST-48B is black
DER-PST-48P is pink
And I'm sure at this point you can figure out how to find the other colors lol

Broke the SSD in my main desktop at home... so irritating. Seems I didn't make a backup for a while, but the vast majority of what was important, I had mirrored to another drive on a nightly basis. Just lost some scripting work I had in my cygwin shell folder that I did for gopro videos and some mp4->mp3 conversion scripts. Kind of annoyed about those. No idea what happened... was just editing a photo to post on the forum and the pc locked up solid. Now even when I plug the drive in as an external, it locks up the computer.

I ran intel ssd's in everything (I have 2 desktops and 3 laptops)... replacing this one with a samsung.

Stupid computers...

I had one die once, it was weird I could boot and run Windows but I could only read from the drive and not write to it. If I formatted it, it would boot right back into Windows afterwards.

I had one die once, it was weird I could boot and run Windows but I could only read from the drive and not write to it. If I formatted it, it would boot right back into Windows afterwards.
Never had an issue in the past 7 or 8 years I've been using SSD's. I still have the first intel 520 240gb I bought in my old laptop. This one, Pro 5400s, that died was my newest one, only a year or so old.

I went out earlier to run my Rock Rey on the new pinion (18t, the largest it fits). Things we're going well with the jumps so I tried a backflip. Made it 95% of the way around and landed a little nose heavy. Steering travel became seriously limited so I took it inside. Turns out I bent the upgraded Losi aluminum steering rack. I am not happy. I am going to try for warranty. I have the jump on film and I will post it at some point. Check out the bend:

20190303_122340.jpg

This boat what it is supposed to look like, lol ?

20190124_164340.jpg

Back