What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blew out my first revo diff ever in 15 years. The pin holding the spider gears ripped through the channels in the cup. Means I should probably tear apart the front diff... and my big block revo diffs... nah.

Also snapped my RPM wing mount off on the outcast and busted a dubro monster duty ball end on the front again. That's the 3rd one. Decided to stop with my "which is better" comparison of the tekno's on the rear and dubro on the front and put tekno's on the front. I modified/drilled/tapped 4 of the dubro's to have in my bashing parts box as backup. I don't know if the tekno's will hold up any better on the front or not, but will find out. The dubro's all snapped right at the tip of the shock shaft. I also ordered a spare set of Tekno's.

I need to adjust the punch more on the outcast. Still getting hesitation that ends up with bad results on short ramp run ups. Wouldn't be so bad if it just didn't give full power, but it acts like power is cut, which is hard to predict. I went from 3 to 5. Will try 8 next.

Had some weird chattering sounds on a few hard landings as well. Not sure if it was the motor fighting the weight of the world or if a diff is letting go. I'm not getting any chatter when accelerating as hard as I can or stopping as hard as I can. Only on hard landings where I'm still on power or trying to brake/recover from a bad launch. Time will tell.

I broke the body for my Stampede 4x4.
And ripped the rear motor guard and rear bumper right off my Ecx Ruckus.

Stick the rx in a bag of rice overnight, test it tomorrow.
@Notorious J

What he said..?

Any electrics just put in a bag with rice, come back later

Hope you have good luck with it..??
Well, the rice didn't help. That esc is toast. Buuuut, I had a spare I bought for another truck, so after a long night of replacing the esc, servo and a big clean up, out again yesterday. Slammed nose first into the drum of a steam roller (don't ask). Bent the front shock tower only, probably because of my @Thomas P designed t2t. New Outcast body is bruised, but no cracks. Later in the run, had what I thought was a perfect landing on a 6 feet of air jump. Must have landed more on the right rear wheel, as the hinge pin bent like a pretzel and tore apart the suspension arm. Got the pin straightened when I got home, new arm installed and now it's raining for the rest of the week. Probably a good thing, cause my hands are tired from repairing and replacing all these tiny parts. Was a hell of a lot of damage for a total of 30 minutes of driving. Considering needlepoint as my next hobby, but I'd probably end up stabbing myself with my track record so far.

I tried to put my wing mount back on the Outcast and something isn't quite right here.
The holes don't line up anymore :(
KTUB0g6.jpg

Out for a quick bash today. First was a front drive shaft popping out on a hard nose landing. Quick fix and back at it. Two minutes later, rear shock end snaps and the night is over. Part's at home, but packed in for the night. If it can break, I will break it.

Out for a quick bash today. First was a front drive shaft popping out on a hard nose landing. Quick fix and back at it. Two minutes later, rear shock end snaps and the night is over. Part's at home, but packed in for the night. If it can break, I will break it.
Me when someone says you can't break something.
chalenge.jpg

Bad stiff incline at the park that I ran last time. It busted up my Noto too.
Gotta figure out how to get it back in.
The incline is prolly 60 degrees with no run up travel and I knew I was messin with the devil when I did it again.
35-40 degrees with some run up (I call it) would be much better on my parts.

Bad stiff incline at the park that I ran last time. It busted up my Noto too.
Gotta figure out how to get it back in.
The incline is prolly 60 degrees with no run up travel and I knew I was messin with the devil when I did it again.
35-40 degrees with some run up (I call it) would be much better on my parts.
It's easy, remove the pillow ball from the a arm, remove the pillow ball retainer from the hub, put the pillow ball back through the hub then put the pillow ball back in the a arm.

It's easy, remove the pillow ball from the a arm, remove the pillow ball retainer from the hub, put the pillow ball back through the hub then put the pillow ball back in the a arm.
10-4. Ill get it. Pissed me off today because I couldn't slam it in without tools ... but better that way that I couldn't ..

10-4. Ill get it. Pissed me off today because I couldn't slam it in without tools ... but better that way that I couldn't ..
I always bring tools, spare parts, screws, nuts, zip ties ect just in case.

It was a poor day in total. I blew up my stock Typhon tires on the 20t pinion I decided to play with and new Kraton threw out this pillow ball.
I was only charged up with several packs and went with it. I checked three spots before I went back to this place last minute with the sun coming down.
It could've been so much worse.
I know I need some solid buggy tires and I know I shouldn't stress my new Kraton in the wild. I was too lazy to bring my ramps and regret it.

edit: Im in the process of building a tool kit for travel. Just quick and lazy today and it cost me.

It was a poor day in total. I blew up my stock Typhon tires on the 20t pinion I decided to play with and new Kraton threw out this pillow ball.
I was only charged up with several packs and went with it. I checked three spots before I went back to this place last minute with the sun coming down.
It could've been so much worse.
I know I need some solid buggy tires and I know I shouldn't stress my new Kraton in the wild. I was too lazy to bring my ramps and regret it.

edit: Im in the process of building a tool kit for travel. Just quick and lazy today and it cost me.
Finally though, this popped out rather than break anything. Huge design imo.
I can fix this without cost while I learn and realize how to do better next time.

I would much rather have something pop off or out than for something to break. Kind of the reason I hesitated so long to replace my steering links that kept popping off. I replaced them with new ones and then one broke the next time I went out lol.

I would much rather have something pop off or out than for something to break. Kind of the reason I hesitated so long to replace my steering links that kept popping off. I replaced them with new ones and then one broke the next time I went out lol.
Rite! this is what I'm thinking now too.
I certainly won't be the guy that gets mad and says my V4 Kraton fails. lol It's my spot and so nice that I can fix it without any purchases. (y)

Back