What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boil it I'm telling you.
This wing mount is about 9 months old.
View attachment 34424

I'm not opposed to it. I'll cook the replacement and install and report back.
I've heard of boiling and wd40 and the one that broke this time was soaked in wd40. I've broken wing mounts on the Noto twice, and Talion still need replaced. I have three sets on-hand and glad they fit everywhere.

edit: I need it to be a monthly send. Rather than the Dollar Shave Club, maybe the $10 wing mount club. Every 28 days I get sent a new one

I'm not opposed to it. I'll cook the replacement and install and report back.
I've heard of boiling and wd40 and the one that broke this time was soaked in wd40. I've broken wing mounts on the Noto twice, and Talion still need replaced. I have three sets on-hand and glad they fit everywhere.

edit: I need it to be a monthly send. Rather than the Dollar Shave Club, maybe the $10 wing mount club. Every 28 days I get sent a new one
I need a new wing :(

Usually mine rip out and the screws stay in the mount. This time the wing ripped the screws and they stayed with the wing. Might get some fancy colored aluminum wing buttons. Almost bought some from AVID last time I got bearings.

I need a new wing :(
This may sound overkill but it wont take any more effort. Actually much less.
I have a tool that will maintain any temp that I choose within 1/10 of a degree of four gallons water. Silly maybe, I know but stay with me.
If we can decide what the exact temp this plastic conforms, I can keep it at that temp for as long as we need it to be there. Best part: It'll (the plastic part) will never get wet. Never touch the water. Does this matter? Not sure yet but why not try?

So, lets imagine I take a wing mount pack, vacuum it tight inside of a 4mm bag, and then maintain it to whatever temp we want for as long as we want. I'll try 175f for 24 hours. ?
What do you think? Worth it or what temp and time would you try it?

edit: I'm thinking boiling is always more violent and not controllable like lower temps. I want gentle persuasion over time. We can possibly bend parts at lower temps with some gloves. Will longer cook times permanently damage the compound or not? Another question we could try to figure out.

Broke a wing mount on my Kraton and bent the rear suspension mount. Suspension mount I can fix for now but the wing mount is getting replaced with the RPM one. Not too bad for about an hour of 6s bashing.
20190401_235929.jpg

Broke one of the eyelets on my brcc shocks, Considering ordering a set of cheap shocks to replace the stock ones with but unsure what will fit atm

Broke one of the eyelets on my brcc shocks, Considering ordering a set of cheap shocks to replace the stock ones with but unsure what will fit atm

I broke one of mine but it still holds. As far as the cheap Chinese shocks, they all have some sort of fit meant issue. If yours aren’t leaking I’d just replace the shaft. They do work well when they aren’t leaking.

I broke one of mine but it still holds. As far as the cheap Chinese shocks, they all have some sort of fit meant issue. If yours aren’t leaking I’d just replace the shaft. They do work well when they aren’t leaking.

Gonna ca glue mine 4 a few days while I wait for new eyes lol

not sure when, maybe yesterday. Found it today. Just a upper hinge pin mount for the front arms. The composite piece that the hinge pin's screw into. One side snapped. I happen to have one because I broke a bottom one awhile back. Was happy I did not need to order anything. Anyone know of some better ones. Was thinking I rather have that break though because its cheap to fix.

broke my heart today, my noto only sold for 218$ + shipping :( I included so much free poop ..

But I did buy a cpl bottles of tequila online that I can't find in stores here.. then tomrrow imma hit up the liquor store and buy a cpl more expensive bottles.

Cuz the car never really made me happy but expensive tequila sure does ;)

Just grab a new one from Jennys Rc if you're on a budget. $12.50 plus shipping. Anything better that's going to be good, will be $50+
Well, I'd do this one to stay in budget and for 6s I'd quickly buy this one. Both JX and both hit harder than they cost by a long shot.

Back