What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
both my 3s rigs motor bearing went bad, i'm sick of this motor already. i'm not really sure if it's the motor fault or the infamous gearbox sealing, either way, those cars cannot be driven on sand, which is pathetic.

Any recommendation for a different motor? which is better sealed? or at least can be fixed more easily? how's the hobbywing EZRUN 3660SL G2?
I run that motor with no issues bit then again I've never had a BLX motor fail (100 or 185). So it's hard to say. Performance wise it's identical to the BLX100.

I run that motor with no issues bit then again I've never had a BLX motor fail (100 or 185). So it's hard to say. Performance wise it's identical to the BLX100.
It's not bad, but ran pretty hot in my stampede 4x4 on 3S with trencher 2.8's. I was running with the the max10 sct esc which had the motor temp plug on it and even with a fan on the motor and geared similarly to the castle 3800kv (adde 1T to the pinion), it ran hot and the esc would shut down about 15 minutes into a session. I'm running a hobbystar 3665 3100kv in it now. It seems to do better and has a bit more low end torque.

I broke a tekno shock end on the rear of my outcast yesterday at the skate park. Was hoping to run at a different bmx track, but got booted before I hit my first jump. Came home to run some packs down at the skate park. I recently installed the hot racing steering post that has the locking collar on it. Either I have it set too soft, or the DS3225 25KG servo I put on it is too weak as it really likes to wander when the tires get up to speed... I hit a post running at a pretty good clip. Should have busted the rear RPM arm clean off, but all I broke was the shock rod end. Didn't even bend the shaft.

Can you dig it....

View attachment 50219

Ran a full pack in both the Typhon and the Kraton at the track and didn’t break a single thing!

A day to remember brother! Hahaha
My new typhon didn’t make a full pack before wing brace snapped when I tried to dig a hole with the cars ass lol ?

A day to remember brother! Hahaha
My new typhon didn’t make a full pack before wing brace snapped when I tried to dig a hole with the cars ass lol ?
Today was a much different day indeed....

Video to come later.

Bmx park 6 - Johnny 0. Wondering what #5 and 6 are? Rear dif is toast and lost a drive shaft in tall grass.
20191009_192913.jpg

I'm still finding broken stuff from a couple of weeks ago, today was this...?
The pin broke and scored the outdrive, I had to go to my vice and get a center punch to get it out..!!
Bent rear shock shaft also, oh and one cracked Pro-line badlands wheel ?? those wheels/tyres are so over hyped its crazy, that's the third one I've destroyed the other two the tyres decided to explode off the rims..!!

But I do believe @Notorious J you have me beat today though for breakages..???

IMG_4053.jpeg

The pin broke and scored the outdrive, I had to go to my vice and get a center punch to get it out..!!
Bent rear shock shaft also, oh and one cracked Pro-line badlands wheel ?? those wheels/tyres are so over hyped its crazy, that's the third one I've destroyed the other two the tyres decided to explode off the rims..!!

View attachment 50501
I am still the "Master of Disaster". Wait, that's a bad thing, right?

View attachment 50501
103C2579-54A9-4D1A-BC33-5C099CD29EF5.jpeg

I’m heading to the park with the grass hill as soon as these lipos finish charging. Taking the Kraton 4s, two lipos, and the ramp in case the hill isn’t enough of a challenge. ??

Ok so al I could manage to break today was:

1) One rear inner driveshaft came unscrewed from the diff output shaft

2) Left front a-arm broke for the 4th time

#1 was a PITA because I was at the park and forgot my tools at home. Had to drive back to grab them. Fixed the driveshaft issue and then broke the a-arm on the very next jump. I actually landed it on all four wheels, but it probably took a good hit on the face OT the hill because I found a huge divot in the grass, and the divot was wedged in the front arm.

View attachment 50501
I find those pins break when the internal diffs are shimmed to tight and you land with *any* sort of power. I'm talking the tiniest bit.

New towers are stronger than the bulkhead / gearbox. Need to order those m2c rear tower brace. Good thing I have new cases that I got from @Notorious J so I'll save $10 there. Also didn't lose the dogbones which is awesome.
One positive is I met a guy at the park with a v2 Talion and he says he has a couple Typhons. Might finally have somebody to bash with.

I'm assuming this rear tower brace will fit the new M2C shock towers @RC DUDE81 ? Just drill through and should be enough room? Can't quite tell how large they are in the picture online.

1571009345934.png

1571008950828.png

First ever trip to a skate park.... didn’t expect to walk away unscaved but ...... kraton 4s stripped bolt out of lower front shock, blew rear shock eye, rear wheel drive shaftpopped the joining pin and stretched a brand new tie rod end.
so definitely happy with that outcome for first skate park trip

Attachments

• 81E46AAE-6744-4274-8D8E-F5801FF35C1B.jpeg
    81E46AAE-6744-4274-8D8E-F5801FF35C1B.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 42
New towers are stronger than the bulkhead / gearbox. Need to order those m2c rear tower brace. Good thing I have new cases that I got from @Notorious J so I'll save $10 there. Also didn't lose the dogbones which is awesome.
One positive is I met a guy at the park with a v2 Talion and he says he has a couple Typhons. Might finally have somebody to bash with.

I'm assuming this rear tower brace will fit the new M2C shock towers @RC DUDE81 ? Just drill through and should be enough room? Can't quite tell how large they are in the picture online.

View attachment 50771
View attachment 50770
I don't think they got the Talion towers, just Outcast and Kraton. The Talion towers are shorter.

View attachment 50771
View attachment 50770
DAMN!!! :oops: Yes, you can use the Brace system. I have one on my Outcast with M2C Towers. It's a bit harder to drill through so you have to go slow and steady or you'll break the bit! I run HR cases on all my rigs so that doesn't happen but cheaper to use the brace!:cool:?

DAMN!!! :oops: Yes, you can use the Brace system. I have one on my Outcast with M2C Towers. It's a bit harder to drill through so you have to go slow and steady or you'll break the bit! I run HR cases on all my rigs so that doesn't happen but cheaper to use the brace!:cool:?

Thank you ?

Back