What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DAMN!!! :oops: Yes, you can use the Brace system. I have one on my Outcast with M2C Towers. It's a bit harder to drill through so you have to go slow and steady or you'll break the bit! I run HR cases on all my rigs so that doesn't happen but cheaper to use the brace!:cool:?
Will the rear shock tower brace work with the new Talion towers? I think Mitch needs one specific for them (or any Talion tower) since they are shorter.

Didn't happen today but I installed a new Flysky radio on my Senton 3s and it lost signal when I was wide open and it smashed into a curb head on! Busted both shocks, A arm and front bumper to pieces. I'm not liking this Flysky right now. That was the first night I brought it out too with the new radio. :mad:

Didn't happen today but I installed a new Flysky radio on my Senton 3s and it lost signal when I was wide open and it smashed into a curb head on! Busted both shocks, A arm and front bumper to pieces. I'm not liking this Flysky right now. That was the first night I brought it out too with the new radio. :mad:

Which Flysky Radio? Did you set the failsafe?

I have the GT5 and yes I'm kicking my own butt for not setting the failsafe. I'm definitely setting that up now. What do you think could have happened? it just lost signal. Do all radios just lose signal once in a while? I'm really hesitant in using it again even after I set the failsafe.

Busted a rear shock tower on the Granite must have a been lucky for it to have lasted as long as it did. I see now that that have a honeycomb pattern to help brace them don't know if it adds to the durability any or not. Took the one off my Senton and put it on the Granite as I have it apart to change the bearings anddon't use the Senton that much anyways.

I have the GT5 and yes I'm kicking my own butt for not setting the failsafe. I'm definitely setting that up now. What do you think could have happened? it just lost signal. Do all radios just lose signal once in a while? I'm really hesitant in using it again even after I set the failsafe.
If you have a lot of radio interference in your area it can happen.

I didn't break anything today, but the hex screw holding the wheel hub extension got loose and almost fell off. Thankfully I noticed before the nut came off and would have lost it. just added a lil Loctite.

Last edited:
DAMN!!! :oops: Yes, you can use the Brace system. I have one on my Outcast with M2C Towers. It's a bit harder to drill through so you have to go slow and steady or you'll break the bit! I run HR cases on all my rigs so that doesn't happen but cheaper to use the brace!:cool:?

I did drill for the standoffs and had to take it slow....especially with the Hitachi tool I use. The included bits in the packages from M2C are a really nice touch. Smart added value. ?
I was concerned that with the M2C towers there was narrow amount of material to drill through to fit the new brace system but now that I've heard from you and checked Rich D's Kraton vid, I think I'll be in good shape.
Thank you for your response. I'll get on it this week I hope. Still looking forward to when Mitch puts out those Talion towers!! ???

Happens more for me with my spektrum when I drive too far, especially when the truck drops down behind a hill or something a ways off.

I usually set my FS to go straight with steering and idle with the t/b. That way if I happen to lose signal off a jump, it's not applying full brake and cartwheeling to its death.

Started tearing the Outcast apart to swap out the chassis and noticed this at the rear.

R3pf7zV.jpg

One of your pillow ball screws is backed out.

Yea I'm hoping that don't keep happening. I think it backed out and when I did my cartwheel it gave the space for the bone to pop out. I'm going to be keeping an eye on it. Rpm arms and HR hubs are next on my upgrade list. But thanks for pointing it out, always appreciate when people look out for each other.

Yea I'm hoping that don't keep happening. I think it backed out and when I did my cartwheel it gave the space for the bone to pop out. I'm going to be keeping an eye on it. Rpm arms and HR hubs are next on my upgrade list. But thanks for pointing it out, always appreciate when people look out for each other.
I've seen a few guys drill a hole in the a arm then add a flat spot on the threaded end of the pillow ball so it lines up under the hole and then stick a grub screw in the hole. I'm pretty sure they used an M4 grub screw.

I actually did this yesterday but it looks worse today.
I've seriously smashed that shin 4 times in the past 3 weeks it hurts like a mother trucker.

15713567364072055273462694430835.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen a few guys drill a hole in the a arm then add a flat spot on the threaded end of the pillow ball so it lines up under the hole and then stick a grub screw in the hole. I'm pretty sure they used an M4 grub screw.

I actually did this yesterday but it looks worse today.
I've seriously smashed that shin 4 times in the past 3 weeks it hurts like a mother trucker.

View attachment 51115
Wow great idea

Back