What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah their shock towers aren't much better than stock. I've had their front and rear chassis braces for 2 years now and no problem. Their suspension mounts and gearbox cases have been good since June. Their motor mount sucks, it develops slop in the lower part of the mount it allows the motor to actually move up and down, this becomes more noticeable with larger sized motors.
Never thought they would hold upto much but that’s just rediculous, my stock towers weren’t that soft ?

Rear hinge pin mount/diff housing , Talion V4 .

Attachments

• IMG_4000.JPG
    IMG_4000.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 43
so I had orderd some hr towers before Mitchell at m2c had released his needless to say I orderd his the day they went online but I just undid my bent shock standoff and was pretty disgusted at what I saw. HR won’t see a cent from me ever again, just shows how soft there products are!
happy to say my m2c kit is here this week so Ill be doing the full beefcake then rather than in peices!
changed my towers to HR then M2C dropped theirs a few weeks later :( 6061 for HR vs 7075 for M2C. Wish I would have waited

Broke the other rear link today. ??‍♂️
Ouch good luck with Hobbytown, mine doesn't stock crap for anything but TRX, even though they sell Arrma. Luckily 25min in the opposite direction I have a "real" lhs. With an owner that stocks for about anything made. Told him I wanted to make a video of a walkthrough, cause it really is amazing. But haven't because that week I asked he had two guys break in, and he said they knew what they were going for, about $2,000 in Axial kits & parts. ?

Them crawler guys need to calm down! ?

I would have went for the Tekno & Mugen race kits, then hit the tekin/hobbywing/savox case!??

No it really sucks, the police did make some arrests, but those of us that are friends of the shop know how good he is. If you go in looking for something, and he doesn't have it, even if you didn't place an order, you can bet he'll have it by the next week. He's done this on a few occasions for me. Once I was looking for the 2.5mm diff pins, next time I went he had two packages of them. Another he was out of RPM rear skids, the next week with a line of guys holding their cars, he kept a skid behind the counter for me. He even stocks 12 packs of soda for those of us who can spend a day just B.S.ing in there.??
Rear hinge pin mount/diff housing , Talion V4 .
That sucks, only about $20 in parts, but a mother to change out bulkheads.

Ouch good luck with Hobbytown, mine doesn't stock crap for anything but TRX, even though they sell Arrma. Luckily 25min in the opposite direction I have a "real" lhs. With an owner that stocks for about anything made. Told him I wanted to make a video of a walkthrough, cause it really is amazing. But haven't because that week I asked he had two guys break in, and he said they knew what they were going for, about $2,000 in Axial kits & parts. ?

Them crawler guys need to calm down! ?

I would have went for the Tekno & Mugen race kits, then hit the tekin/hobbywing/savox case!??

No it really sucks, the police did make some arrests, but those of us that are friends of the shop know how good he is. If you go in looking for something, and he doesn't have it, even if you didn't place an order, you can bet he'll have it by the next week. He's done this on a few occasions for me. Once I was looking for the 2.5mm diff pins, next time I went he had two packages of them. Another he was out of RPM rear skids, the next week with a line of guys holding their cars, he kept a skid behind the counter for me. He even stocks 12 packs of soda for those of us who can spend a day just B.S.ing in there.??

That sucks, only about $20 in parts, but a mother to change out bulkheads.
I luckily had parts on hand from Friday. I bought the two pack of turnbuckles and the pack of ends. I used the first one on the left side Friday and the second one on the right today. They both snapped at the same point.

I luckily had parts on hand from Friday. I bought the two pack of turnbuckles and the pack of ends. I used the first one on the left side Friday and the second one on the right today. They both snapped at the same point.
?

My sons Senton 3s.....found a battery in the car so grabbed his rig from the boot and took it for a few sends and 1 big ramp shave into a pole!
Just shows how tough these rigs are that was full throttle.....amd lucky I was as the wheel and arm was bent back hidden under the body, not Mia as first thought Lol guess dads senton3s is getting stripped before he’s over on the wknd!

Attachments

• 2C01EB29-25E0-4DFA-A608-B2165623EF81.jpeg
    2C01EB29-25E0-4DFA-A608-B2165623EF81.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 43
My sons Senton 3s.....found a battery in the car so grabbed his rig from the boot and took it for a few sends and 1 big ramp shave into a pole!
Just shows how tough these rigs are that was full throttle.....amd lucky I was as the wheel and arm was bent back hidden under the body, not Mia as first thought Lol guess dads senton3s is getting stripped before he’s over on the wknd!
Get the RPM arms, but remember to cook them first. ?

Get the RPM arms, but remember to cook them first. ?
Cheers bro wasn’t aware rpm did arms for the 3s range, I have both 4s and 6s on other rigs so will def throw some on for the young fella!???

Sorry late to post!

Happened last Friday, but upon trying to di a backflip off of a wall...

Snapped the Outdrive post inside the diff, right where the pin holds it...

Attachments

• 20191019_084009.jpg
    20191019_084009.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 50
Made a couple little cushions for covering the corners of my titanium towers so they dig into the body less, hopefully:
2019-1021-Outcast-RearTowerCushion.jpg

Also channeled out a piece of TPR and rounded the edges so when the wing part folds back into the body on a less than ideal landing, the body isn't being jammed against the hard titanium edge. I was in the process of using the TPR to make channeled blocks to go over the tower where the body hits it, but pretty sure they will just crack and they still focus all the force onto a narrow/hard spot, so after 30 minutes of making the channeled out piece with a saw and dremel, decided to go more simple. Since I had the channeled out piece and I hadn't cut it in half yet, I narrowed it up a bit to fit between the body mounts and hammered it on there.

Was going to start working on my ERBEv2 to give it a new chassis... kind of ran out of steam. Also got my probodyrc body for it today. Tomorrow... chassis. Wednesday, body. Thursday... I have to drive to work, so won't be home until 7pm. Friday will be a night off from wrenching. Then it will probably rain all weekend anyway. lol!

Took the ole Typhon3s out for a predawn rip in a large gravel area near my house, ended up clipping a big arse chunk of concrete that blended in a little to well from a distance...

Attachments

• 20191027_053002.jpg
    20191027_053002.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20191027_054836.jpg
    20191027_054836.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 20191027_054929.jpg
    20191027_054929.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 45
Broke/bent a rear hinge pin and hingepin retainer as well as a diff output cup on my outcast on my second jump of the day...
2019-1027-Outcast-BrokenDiffCup01.jpg

2019-1027-Outcast-BentHingePin-BentBrokenHingepinRetainers01.jpg

Bent the front pushrods and broke the t-bone skid plate piece on my ERBEv2 during my 3rd set of packs:
2019-1027-ERBEv2-BrokenTBoneFrontSkid01.jpg

2019-1027-ERBEv2-BentFrontPushrods01.jpg

Continued driving it after breaking the skid plate, which then acted like a shovel... caught the ground funny as it was coming at me at a pretty good clip, got my toe with the "scoop" hanging down that was the t-bone skid plate.
2019-1027-DamagedToe.jpg

Still stings pretty bad... you forget how much you use your big toe until it's damaged. Glad I don't wear dress shoes for work!

Not on my Granite but I fried the 20T 540 motor on my Redcat Ground Pounder (climbing a 60 deg incline). Anyone recommend a good replacement? Don't need a Brushless yet. Maybe a 45T 540 to handle the torque? I think it can also handle a 550 motor.. may have to replace the mounts though.

Last edited:
Not on my Granite but I fried the 20T 540 motor on my Redcat Ground Pounder (climbing a 60 deg incline). Anyone recommend a good replacement? Don't need a Brushless yet. Maybe a 45T 540 to handle the torque? I think it can also handle a 550 motor.. may have to replace the mounts though.
[/QUOTE
This is what I broke on my GRANITE today

Attachments

• 20191029_180524.jpg
    20191029_180524.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 44
Back