What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the hexes and the servo?
Hexes just because they come with the screw/bolt kit for spares. Not interested in going for SS that will bend and too cheap for titanium.

Servo because it sounds like it's common for them to wear out and it'll fit either truck I've got. Is there a better drop-in (and waterproof) replacement?

Hexes just because they come with the screw/bolt kit for spares. Not interested in going for SS that will bend and too cheap for titanium.

Servo because it sounds like it's common for them to wear out and it'll fit either truck I've got. Is there a better drop-in (and waterproof) replacement?

Yes there are way better servos. I use the Savox 1210SG. The spare you have is great for the 3s 1/10 scale Arrma's so it's not a waste ?

Got a nice semi mild day here in Western CT and I decided to run my Granite. Three jumps in and the wheel comes off:

20181229_114755.jpg

Not to be deterred I swap the battery into my Big Rock Crew Cab. Back out I go and 5 minutes later I bust the plastic wheel driveshaft for the millionth time.

20181229_114749.jpg

Still plenty of battery left so I go inside and reattach the wheel on my Granite. Back out I go. Got almost 10 more minutes and darn close to LVC before the wheel fell off again ?

20181229_120832.jpg

I'm calling it a day! Time to drink ??

Got a nice semi mild day here in Western CT and I decided to run my Granite. Three jumps in and the wheel comes off:

View attachment 26164

Not to be deterred I swap the battery into my Big Rock Crew Cab. Back out I go and 5 minutes later I bust the plastic wheel driveshaft for the millionth time.

View attachment 26165

Still plenty of battery left so I go inside and reattach the wheel on my Granite. Back out I go. Got almost 10 more minutes and darn close to LVC before the wheel fell off again ?

View attachment 26166

Cheers!

View attachment 26164

View attachment 26165

View attachment 26166

Just curious, what holds the wheel/shaft on?

I am using a hitec 7954sh, labeled as splash proof but it hasn't broken yet with many runs in the snow. yeah it is pricey but it won't break ;). 400oz/in too which is really helpful with those big tires. I used to run it in my axial wraith without a servo saver or anything, never had any problems. I broke a few teeth on the stock one so i swapped it into the outcast.

Middle of the second pack with my new Talion and realized a front dogbone is missing :mad: It had 4wd when I first unboxed and checked it out and I didn't jump it or beat on it at all on that first pack but it's 3wd now until I get some parts in :cry:

It also feels sluggish compared to my Notorious. I'll have to mess with the ESC but with 4S it won't pull a wheelie at all and seems to take awhile to get to top speed. Haven't run them side by side yet to really see.

broken an upper control which if I had caught early and stopped running immediately would have prevented me from bending the the pushrod/ends and bending the lower control arm...oh well
Screenshot_20181229-230218_Gallery.jpg

Front bumper on local inside track…

My son (and me too…) struggles a bit on these camels jumps...

IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1580.JPG

Have a nice day
PL

I am using a hitec 7954sh, labeled as splash proof but it hasn't broken yet with many runs in the snow. yeah it is pricey but it won't break ;). 400oz/in too which is really helpful with those big tires. I used to run it in my axial wraith without a servo saver or anything, never had any problems. I broke a few teeth on the stock one so i swapped it into the outcast.

Well I take that back... servo broke today... ran good for maybe two years, one year on the outcast one on the axial wraith.

What track is that? Hotrod?

Hi J,
No. It's a Quebec race track in T.-R. .

IMG_1573 a (2).jpg

note; my 7 y/o has tested a couple of time our 6s before local racers came with their TLR 3,0 SCTE (they don't use anymore 2,0 version). I've got some hard time against these guys in 2s because they are all running in 4000 kv with at least Hobby wing kit and full upgraded/adjusted set up for this specific track. Not exactly the same game versus our local outside track. But, I am ok… Got a couple of tips… Still learning… :)
Happy new year
PL

Hi J,
No. It's a Quebec race track in T.-R. .

note; my 7 y/o has tested a couple of time our 6s before local racers came with their TLR 3,0 SCTE (they don't use anymore 2,0 version). I've got some hard time against these guys in 2s because they are all running in 4000 kv with at least Hobby wing kit and full upgraded/adjusted set up for this specific track. Not exactly the same game versus our local outside track. But, I am ok… Got a couple of tips… Still learning… :)
Happy new year
PL
Very cool. If you get a chance, add the info to the local tracks and bash spots forum/thread.

View attachment 26164

View attachment 26165

View attachment 26166

?

a-arm mount for me....i think I was driving the truck for like half a pack thinking the steering felt funny...lol.. #arrmalife

Attachments

• IMG_2885.jpg
    IMG_2885.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 51
Exploded both inner and outer pinion bearings in the rear diff on a speed run and found a stress fracture in one of the lower hinge pin mounts when I tore it down. I suspect both were the result of abuse sustained in the previous days bash session.
IMG_8631.JPG

Somehow the set screw for the pinion on the motor came out on my Notorious today . . . one second I was flying around, the next I was grinding . . .

Back