What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never owned this one so why not! ?
20201007_112447.jpg
20201007_112900.jpg
20201007_113111.jpg

I love my mini-t’s ?
Which brushless combo did you decide on?
Just the dynimite 6000kv for now. I have my eyes on the mamba system when it becomes available. I loved my original 1.. what are you running in yours? What pinion? Stock gearing is so slow my original mini would do 60ish this is more like 25 ish

My first 2.0 I upgraded to the HW 7800kv but is now running a HS 6000kv. My limited ed. Came with the dynamite 6000kv both are pretty quick with stock gearing. I haven’t measured top speed as I mainly use them in the house for indoor bashing and jumping. (They are my winter bashers) I have a RR 15T pinon for them but need the HR motor mount to get the mesh right. I also went a little crazy with the Losi ally upgrades on both. ? The T-bone bumpers are also a great investment imo.

Now that I’m into speed running I’m awfully tempted to see how fast I can push them. ?

I can tell you the dynamite has way more torque!! Opposed to the others but reverse has almost none... the dynamite will also do backflips with ease as the HW, HS kinda struggle.

Let me know how that little castle combo does when you get it, I’m real curious!

Ps. I would also highly recommend the ribbed front tires and step pins for the back. The bk’s are ?

Last edited:
My first 2.0 I upgraded to the HW 7800kv but is now running a HS 6000kv. My limited ed. Came with the dynamite 6000kv both are pretty quick with stock gearing. I haven’t measured top speed as I mainly use them in the house for indoor bashing and jumping. (They are my winter bashers) I have a RR 15T pinon for them but need the HR motor mount to get the mesh right. I also went a little crazy with the Losi ally upgrades on both. ? The T-bone bumpers are also a great investment imo.

Now that I’m into speed running I’m awfully tempted to see how fast I can push them. ?

I can tell you the dynamite has way more torque!! Opposed to the others but reverse has almost none... the dynamite will also do backflips with ease as the HW, HS kinda struggle.

Let me know how that little castle combo does when you get it, I’m real curious!
I had that setup in my first mini t years ago. It was an absolute monster. Guys push the new 2.0 with the mamba to 70mph I would just be happy at 50mph with how short the wheelbase is. I am gonna throw a 20th on it if the lhs has 1 today. Stock is 15 tooth and people say 29 mph with the dynimite. So I figured 2 mph with every tooth. I will have to break the gps out and let you know the before and after. I am dumbfounded with how cheap the hopups are lol so far I am into this less then the motor esc combo in my 6s rigs lmaooooo

I have an 18T RR pinon at the ready, not a 15T, I’m a moron... ??‍♂️
View attachment 103439
I tempted the 15 after a 40 min run and it was only 120f so I think there is plenty of gearing left in it. That was literally back and forth none stop. I might get a 25 tooth as well

I tempted the 15 after a 40 min run and it was only 120f so I think there is plenty of gearing left in it. That was literally back and forth none stop. I might get a 25 tooth as well
Nice ?
Like I said, I’m real curious of your results.

@Custnam Which TBR chassis skid? Can't find a link.
Get the braces first imho. Shock covers will tear apart quickly, made the same mistake.
Other than that, looks perfectly normal!..RC AA here I come.. :rolleyes:

Sorry it took so long to reply. The TBR chassis skid I am referring to is here. While looking into chassis skids/ protectors I found all these on Ebay. There basically just thick vinyl decals. I ordered this one here to match all the red my Kraton is going to have. But if your interested in other designs heres an Ebay link that goes to all the ones that will fit V3 and V4 Kraton chassis's.

Well Ive got more to add to the ongoing list of Kraton V4 upgrades Ive ordered.

1) Kraton EXB front and rear chassis braces
2) DS3230 30KG servo
3) GDS aluminum suspension mounts (All 5 in red)
4) Red Monster logo vinyl chassis protector

Just the dynimite 6000kv for now. I have my eyes on the mamba system when it becomes available. I loved my original 1.. what are you running in yours? What pinion? Stock gearing is so slow my original mini would do 60ish this is more like 25 ish

Had my mini-t back in 2007, put a mamba mini and 2s in it with a bunch of chassis upgrades. It was insanely fast!
Bought for $150, then spent $400 to make it go from 15 to 50 mph

Got 2 out of 4 things ordered in the mail today. 1st was an arrma granite for my 10 yr old daughter bday. She fell in love with her brothers traxxas stampede and my kraton 4s over the past year. 2nd I got my hot racing shocks in for the rear. The fronts are supposed to be in later today along with my RPM bumper. Still waiting on my cvd sliders. Those should be in tomorrow along with the front hot racing shocks. I'll post up pics of my daughter and her truck when we surprise her Saturday for her bday.
20201008_130207.jpg
20201008_130611.jpg

4) Red Monster logo vinyl chassis protector
Take into account, if you apply heat to remove screws this will melt and look ugly. I had to cut out the bubbled ares around the motor mount on mine. Didn't really help anything either tbh, just bling that scratches up fast.

The chassis skid looks great, thanks for the link!

Back