What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Bustedaw11 @Littlemotor
View attachment 365201
Love my ratchets, especially the long 1/4 (4th from left) that my Snap-On guy put a 3/8 kit in, super handy lil guy. The long 3/8 is a beast, though I did have to warranty it because I pulled too hard and snap the head off of it.
View attachment 365202
Those air tools are getting pretty old, they have all been rebuilt at least once, and are your new guns grandfathers. I have had the Milwaukee for like 7 months and already had to warranty the tool, the charger, and a battery, about to have to warranty the tool again. It's not holding up like I'd hoped it would, rubber deteriorates quickly in shop conditions, getting fluids on and in it constantly and the lights on the snout are going out. The screws holding the batteries together like to rip out and it seperates. The charger I think was a fluke, it just quit working 2 weeks after I bought the kit. Everything has been warrantied no questions asked.
View attachment 365203

😍
Give me a few to get in order here and I'll share some mine 😁

Awesome set! What's the expanded metal table for? For parts cleaning / transmissions builds or a welding / burn table?
Drain table.
IMG_20240508_081538302.jpg

How do we feel about the plastic spur gear???.... Mike
I ran mine till it needed replacement, in my v1 MT410 surprised how long it lasted TBH. Then went to the Tekno steel spur. Sct410.3 is still on plastic.
I should clarify, I'm just bangin around at home. For competition, I would likely go straight to steel from the get go. The plastic did hold for well over a year on 4s.

Last edited:
I've wanted a Tecno kit for some time now, especially the mt410, you guys are making it really hard to keep my wallet closed.
LOL! That's me basically all the time on AF!!😜

I've wanted a Tekno kit for some time now, especially the mt410, you guys are making it really hard to keep my wallet closed.
The one @Rcproponent has in the classifieds is the nicest example of the v1 I've seen in a while! Discontinued now so..😉😜🍻

Last edited:
@Bustedaw11 @ScaleJunkie

Damn-we are gonna need to get Woodie to sign off on our own subforum! 🤣🤣🤣

I has no pics atm, but the level of “show and tell” is like I’m talking to two of myself over here lol.. definitely a ratchet-whore (that likely means something completely different these days depending on your demographic🤣), and see more than a couple of mine in y’all’s photos. I too wanted to rebuild my long handled 1/4drive with 3/8 guts, but never did get around to it. I had a few of the bent handle floppies (3/8), one with a long handle, and one with an x-tra long. I didn’t have a single Matco, even though at the time-they offered a finer tooth count than Snappy. I had a few “zero-degree”, toothless cam-style units for that duty, and I wanna say my finest Snap-On was a 72t.. 🤔 but I could be wrong.. I believe they have 96ers available today.. had a cool stubby 3/8 snappy that rather than having a ball, or cylindrical tail with ringed/grooves at the end, it transitioned out with curves over a short distance, and then was a convex, rounded arc at the end.. Was super hard to drop. Loved it. I even had a 1/4 drive from Cornhole that was just a “tear-drop”, so it was literally JUST the head, and no handle. Used that guy a lot for dash work, and on eurotrash. Was a running joke that I had the longest prybars in the shop-strikable, and not, as well as 1/2 drive ratchets. I had what appears to be the same “putter” as @ScaleJunkie and it was a minimum of 3’, and with a floppy head where the tension was adjustable by a buttonhead torx, rather than selectable.. this is definitely a trip down memory lane..😅🤩

Here's my ratchet drawer...Mike View attachment 365280

Love my long 3/8 snappy like you got.
I used to have some of the long metal handled 1/4in but I found them hard to hold on too in certain long reach spots with my hands. Had to resort to the soft handled ones just for the bigger diameter.

Some wrench turners on here fo-sho.

This is my current slimmed down socket drawer at the shop. I keep everything pretty basic in there. There's quiet a few things that should be in there that's in the next drawer due to limited space. Case on the right is magnetic adv 1/4. Got flex spark plug set under that. Snappy 1/4 extension set hiding under the mess of other bs random extensions. It's a mess and I'm adding more from my other box as I need it.

20240508_072124.jpg

LOL! That's me basically all the time on AF!!😜

The one @Rcproponent has in the classifieds is the nicest example of the v1 I've seen in a while! Discontinued now so..😉😜🍻
Oh yes, I was drooling over it just yesterday, then opened my wallet and moths flew out. :ROFLMAO:
When you take out the big one, I can imagine the nut loosens by itself! Holy...
That's the "I'm not askin'." 1/2 inch ratchet, It takes loose anything you put it on, regardless of locktight.
@Bustedaw11 @ScaleJunkie

Damn-we are gonna need to get Woodie to sign off on our own subforum! 🤣🤣🤣
Quite possibly, :unsure:I think they call that an "echo chamber".
I has no pics atm, but the level of “show and tell” is like I’m talking to two of myself over here lol.. definitely a ratchet-whore (that likely means something completely different these days depending on your demographic🤣), and see more than a couple of mine in y’all’s photos. I too wanted to rebuild my long handled 1/4drive with 3/8 guts, but never did get around to it. I had a few of the bent handle floppies (3/8), one with a long handle, and one with an x-tra long. I didn’t have a single Matco, even though at the time-they offered a finer tooth count than Snappy. I had a few “zero-degree”, toothless cam-style units for that duty, and I wanna say my finest Snap-On was a 72t.. 🤔 but I could be wrong.. I believe they have 96ers available today.. had a cool stubby 3/8 snappy that rather than having a ball, or cylindrical tail with ringed/grooves at the end, it transitioned out with curves over a short distance, and then was a convex, rounded arc at the end.. Was super hard to drop. Loved it. I even had a 1/4 drive from Cornhole that was just a “tear-drop”, so it was literally JUST the head, and no handle. Used that guy a lot for dash work, and on eurotrash. Was a running joke that I had the longest prybars in the shop-strikable, and not, as well as 1/2 drive ratchets. I had what appears to be the same “putter” as @ScaleJunkie and it was a minimum of 3’, and with a floppy head where the tension was adjustable by a buttonhead torx, rather than selectable.. this is definitely a trip down memory lane..😅
🤩
My Matco stuff are 88 tooth and pretty fine, the 2 small Snap-on are very fine tooth, probably 96 or close. I have the longest ratchets and prybar in the shop also! First time they see 'em they say....
Jimmy Fallon Comedian GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I really can't stand Cornwell, I've had one of their 1/2 guns and a 3/8 ratchet. Absolute garbage, nevet buy any of their stuff ever again. Matco is starting to go that way with their stuff too, namly their extra long flex head double sided ratchet wrenchs. Every time I use one I destroy the gears and it locks up. They did a redesign a little while ago and it's no better, also they have been on back order for months. My dealer has said he will not be carrying or selling them anymore.

I like the flex head stuff but I had to have my 12 inch replaced because it broke where the head attaches to the shaft, which is why my 18 inch is a straight head. I have snapped the head of the long one in half though. Matco has a bad habit of outsourcing their manufacturing and just like everything else post-Covid, quality has dropped noticeably.

Ha! We got us another one! @ScaleJunkie you better find a picture with (4) puppies! 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤣
Ah hell I know there is more than 4 of us, so.....RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!

Dogs Puppies GIF

Last edited:
Oh yes, I was drooling over it just yesterday, then opened my wallet and moths flew out. :ROFLMAO:

That's the "I'm not askin'." 1/2 inch ratchet, It takes loose anything you put it on, regardless of locktight.

Quite possibly, :unsure:I think they call that an "echo chamber".

My Matco stuff are 88 tooth and pretty fine, the 2 small Snap-on are very fine tooth, probably 96 or close. I have the longest ratchets and prybar in the shop also! First time they see 'em they say....
Jimmy Fallon Comedian GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I really can't stand Cornwell, I've had one of their 1/2 guns and a 3/8 ratchet. Absolute garbage, nevet buy any of their stuff ever again. Matco is starting to go that way with their stuff too, namly their extra long flex head double sided ratchet wrenchs. Every time I use one I destroy the gears and it locks up. They did a redesign a little while ago and it's no better, also they have been on back order for months. My dealer has said he will not be carrying or selling them anymore.

I like the flex head stuff but I had to have my 12 inch replaced because it broke where the head attaches to the shaft, which is why my 18 inch is a straight head. I have snapped the head of the long one in half though. Matco has a bad habit of outsourcing their manufacturing and just like everything else post-Covid, quality has dropped noticeably.

Ah hell I know there is more than 4 of us, so.....RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!

Dogs Puppies GIF
Damn straight there's more of us. I'm just getting started with my collection.
PXL_20240228_011236302.MP.jpg

Tekton swivel head ratcheting end wrench set. Best investment I've made.

Damn straight there's more of us. I'm just getting started with my collection. View attachment 365303
Tekton swivel head ratcheting end wrench set. Best investment I've made.
We all start somewhere! Just remember, a big shiny box doesn't make you any $, good quality tools, or at least tools with a lifetime warranty, do. I've seen so many guy less than a year into it go $10,000 or more in debt and still not have what they need to work and make $.

A decent roll cart will serve you better, the Harbor Freight roll carts have came a long way but I wouldn't suggest the cheapest one they have. It's too small and you will overflow it with tools quickly. it's all about efficiency. The 4 or 5 drawer US General carts are decent and will serve you well. I keep my "war wagon" within arms reach pretty much at all times and have everything set up a specific way that is intuitive for me and most times I don't even have to look when I grab a socket. You'll be suprised how much time you save just not walking back and forth. (All this assumes you don't have a cart yet). OK, rant over.

We all start somewhere! Just remember, a big shiny box doesn't make you any $, good quality tools, or at least tools with a lifetime warranty, do. I've seen so many guy less than a year into it go $10,000 or more in debt and still not have what they need to work and make $.

A decent roll cart will serve you better, the Harbor Freight roll carts have came a long way but I wouldn't suggest the cheapest one they have. It's too small and you will overflow it with tools quickly. it's all about efficiency. The 4 or 5 drawer US General carts are decent and will serve you well. I keep my "war wagon" within arms reach pretty much at all times and have everything set up a specific way that is intuitive for me and most times I don't even have to look when I grab a socket. You'll be suprised how much time you save just not walking back and forth. (All this assumes you don't have a cart yet). OK, rant over.
^^^^^THIS.

Used to be able to source a TON of quality Snap-On, Matco, SK, Bonney, etc. tools from pawn shops as well.. I tried to pay CASH for my stuff whenever possible too. Hell-when I DID have to put shitt on the RA on a truck-I’d pay more than I could afford every week. One less trip to the tittybar, skip the evening at Longhorn Steakhouse, drive the beater Honda over the racecar to work, whatever had me free and clear on those tools. Gave me a ton of “credit” with the toolman (see what I did there? Gots those dad jokes fo daysssss) seeing how fast I payed stuff down, and ironically, I made it a point to not have to “cash in” on it though. They took real good care of me due to that, and it put me well ahead of the game. 😎

It should look something like this...
View attachment 365310
View attachment 365312
View attachment 365313
Each sticker is atleast 5 hp and WILL make you faster
Kink, East Coast, and H@R Springs are my favorite stickers on that cart.. I know Chase down at East Coast for 20yrs or better back when he was still with Randy’s ring & pinion. I’m old AF lol.. had H&R’s under more than a couple of my roadrace cars. And Kink; well c’mon… Don’t get me talkin’ about my 20mi h days..😅

After all these years on this trade this is what I'm working out of. Freakin love it. They have a top availability also.

This box is built every bit as strong as a snap on in my opinion. The series 3 are great boxes.

Cheap box- nice tools. The only way to go my friend . Youll also figure out in time you don't need as much as some make it seem...
Some just like to spend big (big debt) and show off...
I've got another very large box.. see what I choose to work out of? About efficiency.

@speeding_Infraction

20240404_153711.jpg

Last edited:
My boat showed up! And it’s a new kinda fun! I have an angry shark but this is quite the upgrade. If you’re on the fence? You won’t regret it.

IMG_4167.jpeg

IMG_4166.jpeg

IMG_4164.jpeg

IMG_4169.jpeg

IMG_4170.jpeg

IMG_4173.jpeg

IMG_4181.jpeg

IMG_4171.jpeg

Back