What did you do today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woke up to these critters this morning at the cabin. Counted 9. Also Murphy river walk NC.

IMG_20230402_095535422.jpg

IMG_20230402_113227411_HDR.jpg

You should back that pinion up some.. looks good!!
Yeah, thanks, I agree. I probably should have removed the diff cover when I did those pinions and I would have noticed it. That was my first time doing pinions or diff work on Arrma and I realized the same thing on the other Typhon I spooled, and the FT that I switched back to a 50T diff. I expect that 50T diff will probably also leak and cause me to just go with a spool on that car as well until I learn how to properly build a diff that won't leak with these 2 new metal diff cases I have.

Yeah, thanks, I agree. I probably should have removed the diff cover when I did those pinions and I would have noticed it. That was my first time doing pinions or diff work on Arrma and I realized the same thing on the other Typhon I spooled, and the FT that I switched back to a 50T diff. I expect that 50T diff will probably also leak and cause me to just go with a spool on that car as well until I learn how to properly build a diff that won't leak with these 2 new metal diff cases I have.
Weird it leaked, was the gasket lined up properly and did you overfill them?

It was my first time so I am 99% sure I overfilled them as I didn't really think about leaving room for the final gear when screwing on the spur side cover (though I did try and bleed them when tightening them). After I realized they were leaking I did some searching and realized I should have only filled enough to cover the center pins instead. I had already bought some new gaskets and metal cases so I will give it another shot this week and see if I can do it properly this time. ;)

No haa just girl stuff.. clothes, shoes, perfume, even undies and bra's 🤣
I don’t shop with my wife when she is buying any type of clothing. I don’t like being stared at while she’s in dressing room i and am by the bras and underwear area. I always get the evil eyes from women with who knows what going through their mind,especially if they are with their youngsters.

Spent 5 hours at my son's 1st ever track meet. Loooooong day. He ran the 800m and didn't do very well, but wasn't last place. Ran the 400m and got 2nd place! 🥳

It was sunny, but chilly, so he wore my AF beanie! Representin'! (y) 😁 ✌️
20230402_152957.jpg
20230402_141431.jpg

I definitely know why the FireTeam metal diff case leaked... I forgot to loctite the spur-side screws that go into the metal case. I had the gyro e-screwdriver on torque setting 1 and it didn't even hesitate to take out any of the screws. :facepalm:

PXL_20230403_015222789.jpg

I blame the Bourbon. ;)

I definitely know why the FireTeam metal diff case leaked... I forgot to loctite the spur-side screws that go into the metal case. I had the gyro e-screwdriver on torque setting 1 and it didn't even hesitate to take out any of the screws. :facepalm:

View attachment 290175
I blame the Bourbon. ;)
Thought you were going to say you put whiskey in the diffs.

Up in NC for the second time in 6 months. Looking at various cabins as it's our dream to move here. From looking at various homes with our realtor up here, I've concluded that it's affordable for what I want. Sale of my home will buy a nice little 2/2 cabin cash. Hesitant to go for it. Really wanting to put my home on the market and get out of Florida. Retired, but girlfriend needs a job. 32 year RN so shouldn't be a problem. Jump in with your opinions if you want. I welcome different perspectives. Trying to make an informed decision.

Up in NC for the second time in 6 months. Looking at various cabins as it's our dream to move here. From looking at various homes with our realtor up here, I've concluded that it's affordable for what I want. Sale of my home will buy a nice little 2/2 cabin cash. Hesitant to go for it. Really wanting to put my home on the market and get out of Florida. Retired, but girlfriend needs a job. 32 year RN so shouldn't be a problem. Jump in with your opinions if you want. I welcome different perspectives. Trying to make an informed decision.
How do you like the cold?

How do you like the cold?
I lived in Michigan for 40 years.GF is from Newfoundland, so both use to cold. Murphy NC only averages about 4 inches of snow a year. Everything shuts down. Your not getting up these mountain roads with snow on them. In shorts up here right now. Spring and fall are gorgeous. Was up here last October also.

I lived in Michigan for 40 years.GF is from Newfoundland, so both use to cold. Murphy NC only averages about 4 inches of snow a year. Everything shuts down. Your not getting up these mountain roads with snow on them. In shorts up here right now. Spring and fall are gorgeous. Was up here last October also.
Welp, sounds like your good then.. follow your heart if you got the funds!! 💯

It's really a step back in time. People are very friendly and layed back. NO traffic! Gf and I like the small town feel as it's how we grew up. Beautiful rivers, mountains, winerys etc. Florida as you know is HOT and populated.
Welp, sounds like your good then.. follow your heart if you got the funds!! 💯
Appreciate your input. Only live once. Unfortunately it's always comes down to money like everything.

Back