What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 48 too!! Gen X for the win!!
Whaaaaaaat? 😂. I bet you run circles over the Gen Z and millennials at work. Not all of them act like they are 100, but most of the ones I've met do. They work 40 hour weeks and they are dying 😂👍

I just got done testing Big Chungus 's new wiring setup with that big servo. I'm running a Castle BEC 2.0 to power that thing at 12v. Hopefully it can handle the current draw. Only one way to find out!

20240514_201417.jpg

Whaaaaaaat? 😂. I bet you run circles over the Gen Z and millennials at work. Not all of them act like they are 100, but most of the ones I've met do. They work 40 hour weeks and they are dying 😂👍
I've been gainfully employed since I was 14. It's just how my dad raised me. I'm not saying I don't get sore, but it doesn't slow me down lol.

Putting the old Talion back together after diff rebuilds and some cleanup.

Also, I too am old :LOL:

View attachment 366544
Looks pretty good! Like new. Cool TPU wing mount! I have couple of them on my 6s rigs.

We had the best toys growing up and never stopped playing!
I miss having a ATV. Had a Blaster growing up. Back in 2009-2011, I had a Raptor 660. Thing was an animal!

Last edited:
We had the best toys growing up and never stopped playing!
And no seat belts, no car seats, no bike helmets, I never washed my hands after playing in the dirt and ate like that. I rarely get sick. Yeah my body hurts from almost 30 years of working, but I power through it. No car (grandpa had a vespa scooter) that me, my grandma and him went all over the place in Nicaragua, where I was born. I would hide between his legs when the cops were around and they never saw me. I was small (I still am stature wise) 😂👍. Then I came to the US in the 80s and 90s and enjoyed that part too.

And no seat belts, no car seats, no bike helmets, I never washed my hands after playing in the dirt and ate like that. I rarely get sick. Yeah my body hurts from almost 30 years of working, but I power through it. No car (grandpa had a vespa scooter) that me, my grandma and him went all over the place in Nicaragua, where I was born. I would hide between his legs when the cops were around and they never saw me. I was small (I still am stature wise) 😂👍. Then I came to the US in the 80s and 90s and enjoyed that part too.
Life was just so simple back then. I'm still doing exactly what I was doing when I was 10. Wrenching and bashing. Some things never change.

Life was just so simple back then. I'm still doing exactly what I was doing when I was 10. Wrenching and bashing. Some things never change.
I swear I prefer to bash and wrench all by myself at a big park than almost anything else in life. I'll go bash with my friend and his huge ramp, but that is rare 👍. I see myself dying with an RC remote in my hand 😂

I swear I prefer to bash and wrench all by myself at a big park than almost anything else in life. I'll go bash with my friend and his huge ramp, but that is rare 👍. I see myself dying with an RC remote in my hand 😂
Same here man. It's fun to bash with friends once in a while, but for me, it's an escape. I spend hours wrenching on these rigs. It's really therapeutic. Lol

Got a 120a 4s ESC installed on the Senton & a set of HD turnbuckles. Still gotta do the tie rods when I swap the servo. New NHX motor fan also put on.

View attachment 366542

View attachment 366543
You plan on running it on 4S? I have a HW 120a ESC in my Senton, but I refuse run it on 4S until I upgrade the diffs and spur to the 4S gears...it'l be just my luck that I break something attempting to run on 4S.

You plan on running it on 4S? I have a HW 120a ESC in my Senton, but I refuse run it on 4S until I upgrade the diffs and spur to the 4S gears...it'l be just my luck that I break something attempting to run on 4S.
3s is the plan. For now. The ESC is 3s/4s & I have the option. I gotta take the front apart to get the servo, tie rods & aluminum bellcrank swapped in & I'm going to refill the diff with 30k while it's apart. 20k rear. I'm thinking.

Last edited:
Big Chungus- is getting some love today.
Old servo vs. new servo. 😁

View attachment 366330
Is that a ProModeler DS1885? I thought I was the only person in history to buy one! 😂. Thats my filthy DBXLE on his website in the installation photos.

So... worked on this gmc truck. Did a water pump and some other crap this morning. Got in to get the milage and noticed a "4 wheel steer" button.... I'm like... noooo way.... jumped out and lifted it back up... totally got 4 wheel steer.
In all my years and thousands of chevy trucks I've worked on I have NEVER seen or heard of this....
Coworker was laughing his tail off saying it's old news....

Not very often I see something new I havnt seen before.. thought I'd share with yall..

@Littlemotor you know about this? 😅🤣😂

View attachment 366280

View attachment 366281
Thanks for kicking in my PTSD, can't stand those trucks. I was at a Chevy dealer when those were new.
Born in '86, so technically a millennial, I think and act more like an Xer though. There are many of us who were right on the line of being Xers and Millennials but act and think more like y'all, we're not all retarded. Can I be an honorary Xer?

Last edited:
I just got done testing Big Chungus 's new wiring setup with that big servo. I'm running a Castle BEC 2.0 to power that thing at 12v. Hopefully it can handle the current draw. Only one way to find out!

View attachment 366541
Just out of curiosity, why aren’t you running that servo with that 4s LiIon sitting there?

Back