Kraton What have you done to your Kraton today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was that up at Mikes?

I've had similar experience at my local track. But buy 1-2 sets of proper truggy tires that are the correct tire for that track, and you are set. No need for 20 sets of tires until you want to go hardcore racer. And by then, you will want a Tekno truggy instead of a Kraton.

But really, the proper tires is half, or more, of a proper setup.

Yes it was there at Mikes. I spoke with you over at the sister site, for Tekno. I'm gonna check out Ultimate here soon. Sounds like that may be more my pace right now. Them guys at Mikes were some serious racers, one was sponsored (cant remember by who) and he had a whole trailer full of RC stuff. When he hit them jumps that Tekno gilded right over them, it was amazing to watch. Oh, and I already want a Tekno truggy lol, but don't think that will happen any time soon. I am wondering how they race the 1/8 open there, the track to me seems to be designed for 1/10, kind of narrow for 1/8 truggies.

Today I put on a Voltage Hobbies servo mount. New servo, Outcast wheelie bar and the RPM front bumper

Was going to put on my RPM wingmount but I figured I would wait til my shock towers and braces arrive

Probably going to do the diffs tomorrow if I have time. I have the associated shim kit (ASC89108) so going to see if I can figure that stuff out. I should put on the 15t pinion at the same time. Might as well.

Last edited:
Installed my Voltage hobbies Shock towers and chassis braces. Red for the shock towers and gunmetal for the braces. Also installed the RPM wing mount. Weird thing, the stock wingmount seems to have way more flex.

Attachments

• IMG_0202.JPG
    IMG_0202.JPG
    343.6 KB · Views: 68
Today I put on a Voltage Hobbies servo mount. New servo, Outcast wheelie bar and the RPM front bumper

Was going to put on my RPM wingmount but I figured I would wait til my shock towers and braces arrive

Probably going to do the diffs tomorrow if I have time. I have the associated shim kit (ASC89108) so going to see if I can figure that stuff out. I should put on the 15t pinion at the same time. Might as well.
Throw a 17T pinion on it, I assure you that it will be the RI-DONC-CUL-LUS

I don't l
I ordered a RR 16t. heard some saying it was a sweet spot for speed and temps.
I personally don't like even numbers, so I always run an uneven number pinion. 17T gives you more top end along with standing backflips. There's not a motor out there that's won't overheat driven hard in this hot ass summer, cooling fan or not

I don't l

I personally don't like even numbers, so I always run an uneven number pinion. 17T gives you more top end along with standing backflips. There's not a motor out there that's won't overheat driven hard in this hot ass summer, cooling fan or not

Well I gotta make an order tonight for a new motor mount so I might as well grab the RR 17t. Cant hurt to have an extra pinion laying around

Plus if I get another arrma car in the future I will be able use it

Well I gotta make an order tonight for a new motor mount so I might as well grab the RR 17t. Cant hurt to have an extra pinion laying around

Plus if I get another arrma car in the future I will be able use it
I could build a 2nd KRATON almost with all the xtra parts I have, and can almost build a 2nd BIG ROCK, with all the spares I have for it as well. I am in the process of reassembling it, while inspecting and replacing anything that's needed. Think I am about to sell it

Put a 21t pinion on the Leopard 4092 and doing high speed passes only to find out after so fast the Kraton will get air under it and lift off. Nasty crash. Lesson learned.

@Zaiden15 what diff oil weights are you running? I am running 60/200/30k front/center/rear. The truck will wheelie easily between 3/4 - 100% throttle for me. The tp motor is insane. The tires make a difference - less ballooning the less the front end will lift also. I found the wide flat contact patch of the tires help. I didn’t go full on street tire since I like to run on grass and sand as well as tarmac.

I was running 100k/500k/60k . I knew better than to push it that fast on the street. I bash mostly so I don't speed run much so I had my beater body on and I don't have it vented like my other body's. Guess the wide Kraton body got to much air in it and it went tumbling. Was seeing what temps I got really pushing the 4092.

I wonder if there is a way to adjust the wing to keep the car down. Like if you go fast enough the wing could bring the back end up so it is less likely that the front gets lifted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back