What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Running a high C-rated battery won't burn anything up. The motor determines the load, and will be demanding the same load, regardless of what ESC or batteries you are running. If your ESC and batteries are up to the motor's load, then all is good.

Thanks for all the info.
This is the charger and lipos I have now.
but then I went on there website www.powerhobby.com and found some lipos that I like but don’t know if I can use them in my stock arrma typhon.
1st 3S lipo 2C charge rate, 6500mah 100c / 200C burst.
2nd 6S lipo 2C charge rate, 6500mah 100c / 200c burst.
Don’t want to burn up my electronics or motor.
Thanks for any and all info in advance.

The Power Hobby 3S 6500mAh 100C Lipos you mention measure 136x44x34mm each. The height for 2 of these would be 68mm, so should fit the Talion and Kraton battery tray dimensions of 158x48x70mm. However, the battery tray dimensions for the TYPHON I believe are "only" 158x48x51mm. It looks like the height of only 51mm for the Typhon battery tray really limits the batteries you can use?

The minimum battery type to use is 5000mAh and 35C. Just do not go under this or you may burn something up. FYG, the higher the C rating, the better the battery, providing the manufacturers C rating is somewhat accurate.

The Power Hobby 3S 6500mAh 100C Lipos you mention measure 136x44x34mm each. The height for 2 of these would be 68mm, so should fit the Talion and Kraton battery tray dimensions of 158x48x70mm. However, the battery tray dimensions for the TYPHON I believe are "only" 158x48x51mm. It looks like the height of only 51mm for the Typhon battery tray really limits the batteries you can use?

The minimum battery type to use is 5000mAh and 35C. Just do not go under this or you may burn something up. FYG, the higher the C rating, the better the battery, providing the manufacturers C rating is somewhat accurate.
Thanks for the info.

Running a high C-rated battery won't burn anything up. The motor determines the load, and will be demanding the same load, regardless of what ESC or batteries you are running. If your ESC and batteries are up to the motor's load, then all is good.
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info
No problem. I've heard some Arrma members are using taller battery's than the battery tray specs, but not sure if this includes the Typhon? However, it should be easy to modify the top front part of the battery tray to allow a taller battery, but not sure if your Typhon body also limits the battery height? I would think you should have some room between the top of your battery tray and the bottom of your body to at least do some modification though?

Yes, with the Typhon, the battery is limited by the body height. If you modify the body mount to be taller, or swap to a different body, you can get more clearance.

At least on my V1 this is the issue. I don't know if they modified the Outcast battery tray to limit the battery height for the Typhon, but don't see why they would.

Yes, with the Typhon, the battery is limited by the body height. If you modify the body mount to be taller, or swap to a different body, you can get more clearance.

At least on my V1 this is the issue. I don't know if they modified the Outcast battery tray to limit the battery height for the Typhon, but don't see why they would.
Due you know of any companies that make bodies that would fit the typhon

For minimum size of 5000mAh and a height restriction of only 51mm, it maybe difficult to find a 6S battery to fit the Typhon w/o modifications. If willing to go with 4S, this SMC 90C 5400mAh Lipo looks like it would be an excellent fit (it measures 139x48x48mm) :

https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_96&product_id=175
Saw this on SMC-RACING website for there for some of there 6S lipos.

True Spec Premium 22.2V-7400mAh-149 Amps/90C pack. Built with G10 plates on 5 sides for added protection.
This pack will fit in the new Arrma 2018 battery trays.
- Built with wide tab cells for lowest possible internal resistance.
- 10AWG wires soldered straight to the tabs.

My question is r the battery trays that different and if so would a battery tray from a 2018 arrma typhon fit in a 2017 typhon or could it be modified to work

Saw this on SMC-RACING website for there for some of there 6S lipos.

True Spec Premium 22.2V-7400mAh-149 Amps/90C pack. Built with G10 plates on 5 sides for added protection.
This pack will fit in the new Arrma 2018 battery trays.
- Built with wide tab cells for lowest possible internal resistance.
- 10AWG wires soldered straight to the tabs.

My question is r the battery trays that different and if so would a battery tray from a 2018 arrma typhon fit in a 2017 typhon or could it be modified to work

The V1 battery trays are wider than the V3 trays. And with only velco straps, they can handle any height battery. The V3 tray can handle longer batteries than the V1. However, you can clip the tabs at the front of the v1, to handle longer packs (like I did because I had some batteries that were too long. ) :)

The V1 battery trays are wider than the V3 trays. And with only velco straps, they can handle any height battery. The V3 tray can handle longer batteries than the V1. However, you can clip the tabs at the front of the v1, to handle longer packs (like I did because I had some batteries that were too long. ) :)

Thanks for the info
So would the V1 or the V3 fit in my V2 typhon for more battery options
Thanks

The V1 and v2 trays are the same.

I have a v3 tray, but have not mounted it, because of those big Turnigy* batteries I have. They are too wide for the V3 tray. But they are too tall to parallel, as they would slide forward/back in the v1 tray. I really just need to get rid of them, they are a PITA. All the rest of my batteries fit the V3 tray.

*these are some older Turnigy 4s 5000mah 60c packs, I think they are about ??x52x160 or so. I bought 2, both have dropped a cell, and I rebuilt them into 3s packs - removed the bad cell and cut down the hard case to about 35-40mm. But they are too big to use together as a 6s, so I am still stuck.

I am well pleased I bought these, they do the trick "For me" I get a minimum run time of 30 min about 750 plus' Runs at mixed throttles Back and fourth with wait times i wait for a few secs to a minute. I did not hit LVC yet to know its actual run time? I ran on Stock gear (SLOW) and Speed gear (fast) 47 plus mph. Making passes at around 35 mph is my sweet spot, and getting up and over 45 mph is my Wow spot. I can not imagine the 11.1v 6S set up. that be my blown away spot. SO if I were to get another set I get another won for sure. of these. I am pleased.

FISH (IMHO and thoughts out loud).

Yo! new be my 1st post nor my last, and I read this whole section was not easy trying to find a battery, its run time, etc. I searched for what worked "FOR ME" These are 7,4v 2S 50C 5200mah Hard case, what I prefer then a soft case, the yare for the Armma;s I ordered. I will update to a 11.1v 3S 50C 5200-5400mah hard case if I can find any? WHen I get the orders I will update the run time on the pair. I chose to get two batteries over one 4S pack as they are the same size when placed together and I can use in other rc models then to dedicate to the Arrma's.

What are your thoughts about the product?

I also have on order a paralell xt60 block and going to use the xt90 connections for that. to cut my wait time in half.

Thank you for the thread, post and all. thanks in advance.. Below are the bat and specs. Love how they say 100C burst....

FISH

PowerHobby 2S 7.4V 5200mAh 50C Lipo Battery 2 Pack w XT90 Connector Hard Case

New 2-cell 5200mAh 50C lipo is perfect for 1/10 & 1/8 scale cars, trucks, and buggies and Boats. Features a huge capacity for extended run times and a gigantic C rating so you'll have all the power you'll ever need.

High-end performance and reliability at an affordable price
Perfect for 1/10 scale cars, trucks, , buggies , Boats
Features a huge capacity for extended run times and a gigantic C rating so you'll have all the power you'll ever need
100C Burst Rate

Specs:

Size : 25.1mm X 47mm X 138mm
Weight : 263G
Suggested Charge Rate: 2C

Update:

My batts arrived the bullets are say narrow looking and have a green line so they do fit and all, I am awaiting some correct xt90 connections to make up for my paralell board and I am pleased for now. I again may just option for 3S if the
se work out Hard cases, my prefrence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back