Vorteks Wheel drive shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacX3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Vorteks
Yeah this happened. How do I access to replace a new back wheel drive shaft? My thought is, I have to get in the diffs to remove the other part. I can't figure out how to get to it. I took it to the track last weekend and that pop out and the servo is dirty or block. I'll work on the servo later. It's the back wheel drive shaft I have to get out. Thank you!

20210813_202824.jpg

I do not have a Vortek but I believe if you look straight through the hole in your universal joint, there should be a screw holding the driveshaft to the diff output. So put your driver in the hole and unscrew then pull driveshaft off.

Yeah this happened. How do I access to replace a new back wheel drive shaft? My thought is, I have to get in the diffs to remove the other part. I can't figure out how to get to it. I took it to the track last weekend and that pop out and the servo is dirty or block. I'll work on the servo later. It's the back wheel drive shaft I have to get out. Thank you!

View attachment 163588
Pretty sure itd be the same 2mm hex driver is needed Either way thru the middle toward the diff is a 2mm screw. Take it out then it should just pull out

I do not have a Vortek but I believe if you look straight through the hole in your universal joint, there should be a screw holding the driveshaft to the diff output. So put your driver in the hole and unscrew then pull driveshaft off.
Thank you, much appreciated. Never thought about that, that's a simple one, I've been have been to tired to look for that. Thank you.
Pretty sure itd be the same 2mm hex driver is needed Either way thru the middle toward the diff is a 2mm screw. Take it out then it should just pull out
Thank you, much appreciated. That seems like a quick fix, never thought about looking at that. Thank you.

Thank you, much appreciated. Never thought about that, that's a simple one, I've been have been to tired to look for that. Thank you.

Thank you, much appreciated. That seems like a quick fix, never thought about looking at that. Thank you.
No problem bud. I'm relatively new to this addiction and this site has taught me a ton already. Try to give back however/whenever I can. Good luck and have fun!

When I try to take that screw off, the tired turned. I held on the tired and the other tired turn, then the center drive shaft turned too whenever I turn the screw. Any suggestions how to loosen the screw without the wheels turning? Thanks.

When I try to take that screw off, the tired turned. I held on the tired and the other tired turn, then the center drive shaft turned too whenever I turn the screw. Any suggestions how to loosen the screw without the wheels turning? Thanks.
Use a wrench to hold the driveshaft from spinning

Back