Xmaxx Motor Mount, which is the best?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeighDay

I came...I saw...I broke it
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Talion EXB
Just purchased a HobbyWing 5687 for my Xmaxx and have some Saga gears coming in as well but just need a little help / advice on which motor mount I should get.

Currently my top favorite is the BowHouse RC.

https://bowhouserc.com/svt-big-bore-motor-mount-for-traxxas-x-maxx/

I like it due to the fact that its sits flush on the mount and has a hose clamp to secure it as well. Will more than likely purchase the risers as well so I can fit some bigger gears.

Other options at the moment are M2C and Vitavon. Just seeing if anybody has any positive or negative experiences about using any of these mounts.

Thank you in advance.

The Bowhouse uses the pins for different gearing? Looks like it. Seems well designed and made. I definitely like the fact that the motor is fully supported. Eventually I may be looking for an aftermarket mount when/if the Vilenion gives up.

Just purchased a HobbyWing 5687 for my Xmaxx and have some Saga gears coming in as well but just need a little help / advice on which motor mount I should get.

Currently my top favorite is the BowHouse RC.

https://bowhouserc.com/svt-big-bore-motor-mount-for-traxxas-x-maxx/

I like it due to the fact that its sits flush on the mount and has a hose clamp to secure it as well. Will more than likely purchase the risers as well so I can fit some bigger gears.

Other options at the moment are M2C and Vitavon. Just seeing if anybody has any positive or negative experiences about using any of these mounts.

Thank you in advance.
Wouldn't recommend the M2C, mine works but is hard to adjust, the machine tolerance is too tight for their machines I guess, I sent the first one back because it simply did not adjust with a motor installed.

Last edited:
i liked the poseidon mount.

https://www.poseidonrc.com/more-product.html

https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/radioactive-x-bug-project.121450/

03316239-3018-4048-9ED8-5082C4DF73DF.jpeg

Wouldn't recommend the M2C, mine works but is hard to adjust, the machine tolerance is too tight for their machines I guess, I sent the first one back because it simply did not just with a motor installed.
For the money, unacceptable IMO.
I have seen some on ebay that are allegedly made by Fast Lane Machine but had no luck finding them on their website so, not sure.
WFO is another option. I've never bought anything from them though. Seem pricey.

The Bowhouse uses the pins for different gearing? Looks like it. Seems well designed and made. I definitely like the fact that the motor is fully supported. Eventually I may be looking for an aftermarket mount when/if the Vilenion gives up.

I do believe they ditch the pins but still advise you to slide the motor back and forth to set the proper mesh.

1673298502776.png

Found it interesting the largest (spur + pinion) combo that works with the "stock" Bowhouse motor mount is 72, unless you add the risers and pay an extra $30. I ordered 35t & 50t mod1 8mm gears from Saga. Now thinking I should have ordered some more maybe a 20t and a 46t.

https://bowhouserc.com/svt-risers-for-big-bore-motor-mount/

1673299763952.png

Wouldn't recommend the M2C, mine works but is hard to adjust, the machine tolerance is too tight for their machines I guess, I sent the first one back because it simply did not just with a motor installed.

I read your post about the issue you were having with the m2c mount which gave me hesitation in purchasing it. Usually I have good success with their products.

That a very very nice Xmaxx right there. I briefly read through your build log. Must have taken a good amount of time putting that together. I will check out those Poseidon mounts.

Not a bad idea. Have you had any issues with it bending from jumping? That's my main concern with the ebay copies.

WFO is another option. I've never bought anything from them though. Seem pricey.

I totally forgot about WFO. I have their receiver box for the the max5.

Hot Racing has a new one out, and so does GPM. Both look pretty similar to the m2c version.

I went with m2c for my Xmaxx and XRT, not installed yet so I can’t give a whole lot of feedback.

Hot Racing has a new one out, and so does GPM. Both look pretty similar to the m2c version.

I went with m2c for my Xmaxx and XRT, not installed yet so I can’t give a whole lot of feedback.
Hopefully, they fixed it now, it seemed like an issue that could be remedied relatively easily.

I do believe they ditch the pins but still advise you to slide the motor back and forth to set the proper mesh.

View attachment 268574

Found it interesting the largest (spur + pinion) combo that works with the "stock" Bowhouse motor mount is 72, unless you add the risers and pay an extra $30. I ordered 35t & 50t mod1 8mm gears from Saga. Now thinking I should have ordered some more maybe a 20t and a 46t.

https://bowhouserc.com/svt-risers-for-big-bore-motor-mount/

View attachment 268585

I read your post about the issue you were having with the m2c mount which gave me hesitation in purchasing it. Usually I have good success with their products.

That a very very nice Xmaxx right there. I briefly read through your build log. Must have taken a good amount of time putting that together. I will check out those Poseidon mounts.

Not a bad idea. Have you had any issues with it bending from jumping? That's my main concern with the ebay copies.

I totally forgot about WFO. I have their receiver box for the the max5.
Not yet. I’m pretty hard too. I also only use a hobbywing 1100kv motor.

I have the xmaxx m2c mount in my XRT and it has worked perfectly fine. I'm able to adjust the mesh no problem with motor installed.

Mines a pain in the ass to adjust too. Almost gotta take the motor out if your changing pinions just so you can get it all right…
Which motor?

I'm running the Hobbywing 1100kv (5687?) one.

I'm running an even bigger motor in my m2c mount, tp 5660 which is 92mm long and the tp 5670 which is 102mm long iirc.

Also have the same mount in the wifey XRT with the hobbywing 5687 1100kv with zero problems as well.

So to make sure I'm understanding you guys correctly, it's hard to slide the motor up/down? I wonder why some have problems and some don't.

If I could do it all over again Id go Vitavon. Running m2c and its fine but the Vitavon gear cover works better with the Vitavon mount. Finally got mine goin yesterday. Mod1 gears just wouldnt hold up! Went with Vitavon 1.5 gearing and it ran flawless today.

20230722_113915.jpg
20230722_113905.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back