Xmaxx questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do the diffs in the x maxx hold up? What would be good electronics to run in it? And would anyone recommend the xmaxx over a k8 or o8? Thinking about picking up a used one.
Diffs definitely hold up. Not as overbuilt as K8S, but absolutely hold up. They break if you break the bulkhead and the gears fall out of mesh. Good electronics are the stock ones. If your ESC grenades, put in a max6 and keep the stock motor. If you’re picking up a used one make sure you’re not buying a ragged out pos. Should be a fun rig. Also no on the arrmaforum nobody’s saying the xmaxx is a better vehicle than the K8s.

Ummmmm.... last I checked, this was an Arrma forum.
2 things (nothing directed towards you as a person)
When you have a forum like the traxxas forums, you’re forced to talk only traxxas. It sucks, you can’t make in depth comparisons or mentions. Everyone dislikes this very much and wishes they could talk about their arrmas hpis and axials+ Losis. Here, we have the free spirit to talk about other vehicles because it’s not company owned. That’s a great thing. Seriously with that comment???‍♂️?‍♂️ nothing pleases everyone.

2 things (nothing directed towards you as a person)
When you have a forum like the traxxas forums, you’re forced to talk only traxxas. It sucks, you can’t make in depth comparisons or mentions. Everyone dislikes this very much and wishes they could talk about their arrmas hpis and axials+ Losis. Here, we have the free spirit to talk about other vehicles because it’s not company owned. That’s a great thing. Seriously with that comment???‍♂️?‍♂️ nothing pleases everyone.

”everyone dislikes this”? So you took a survey and spoke to every one asking them how they feel about it, huh? Don’t remember taking that survey.

I’m all for asking questions to get answers. However, this is an Arrma forum. I, for one, don’t visit the Traxxas board and ask questions about another product. It’s just plain common sense. Then again, common sense isn’t as common as we would all wish it was.

”everyone dislikes this”? So you took a survey and spoke to every one asking them how they feel about it, huh? Don’t remember taking that survey.

I’m all for asking questions to get answers. However, this is an Arrma forum. I, for one, don’t visit the Traxxas board and ask questions about another product. It’s just plain common sense. Then again, common sense isn’t as common as we would all wish it was.
Ask. Ask them. I’d put my life on that. It’s... as you said, common sense? Nobody wants to talk about one brand. Pathetic you would rather that. Seriously listen to yourself, that’s so pathetic. And going by your “cOmMon sEnSe thaT IsnT tOo cOMMOn Anymore” how would anyone make any decisions if you can never ask about both trucks with the same group?

The people who seriously get angry about real car brands are pathetic enough, but for toys?! Sheesh. This is r a d I o c o n t r o l. It’s a h o b b y. We’re adults who drive t o y rc cars around. It’s for entertainment. I can’t even with some people ?

I understand that. Reason I asked on here is because i used to be on the traxxas forum and they were all heavily biased towards traxxas is better than arrma. People on this forum are not very biased and have a lot of experience and knowledge. That is why I asked, didn’t try to cause any issues.

I understand that. Reason I asked on here is because i used to be on the traxxas forum and they were all heavily biased towards traxxas is better than arrma. People on this forum are not very biased and have a lot of experience and knowledge. That is why I asked, didn’t try to cause any issues.
To be honest a majority of this forum has only been in the game for less than 5 years. But it’s a great group of people, few stinkers, but a guy can’t like everyone. Best forum I’ve ever been in that’s for sure. Traxxas has a lot of old heads who know their stuff but they’re all joe traxxas boomers so they’re not much useful in getting opinions on other brands, like you said.

Ask. Ask them. I’d put my life on that. It’s... as you said, common sense? Nobody wants to talk about one brand. Pathetic you would rather that. Seriously listen to yourself, that’s so pathetic. And going by your “cOmMon sEnSe thaT IsnT tOo cOMMOn Anymore” how would anyone make any decisions if you can never ask about both trucks with the same group?

The people who seriously get angry about real car brands are pathetic enough, but for toys?! Sheesh. This is r a d I o c o n t r o l. It’s a h o b b y. We’re adults who drive t o y rc cars around. It’s for entertainment. I can’t even with some people ?

Guess your life isn’t worth much if you’re willing to bet on it. That’s what’s really pathetic.

Angry? Who’s angry? Amazing how you can convey emotions from mere words. Stop talking out of your ass.

Guess your life isn’t worth much if you’re willing to bet on it. That’s what’s really pathetic.

Angry? Who’s angry? Amazing how you can convey emotions from mere words. Stop talking out of your ass.
? alright we’ll agree to disagree on our thoughts. Imma let the thread continue like a normal person and just keep answering questions.

And would anyone recommend the xmaxx over a k8 or o8?

Not sure over, but I think the xmaxx has to be appreciated for what it is, a really pretty proven basher. Sure, I think the aluminum stuff looks neater than plastics, but when I was looking for something to pair with an Infraction, I went xmaxx. Now that was in no small part due to my LHS being a huge Traxxas dealer, so pretty much anything I break I can replace same day, Sure I’d have been just as happy with an o8 though.

Also, I find it refreshing that open conversation involving other brands can be done here. I can’t stand the forums that want to be ruled by an iron fist and banish anyone that mentions another brand. Reminds me of the Wilson Combat subforum on 1911.com, what, who said Nighthawk, 20 paces at dawn you slanderous fool. Seems that common sense would dictate that inclusion is often a better approach in our society, but then again we as a whole suck at learning from the past mistakes of others, so the forum police will always be able to find a home.?

How do the diffs in the x maxx hold up? What would be good electronics to run in it? And would anyone recommend the xmaxx over a k8 or o8? Thinking about picking up a used one.
The X-Maxx is a great RC but recommending it over a K8S woud only be personal preference. They are both big and thats where the similarity ends.

I've been running an X-Maxx the past 2 years with a Max6 and the stock motor. The drivetrain is very strong, including the diffs, never had a single issue. And i i'm not easy on it. I does need some improvements, like any other RTR RC.

I've blown one of my xmaxx 8s diffs (ring gear and input drive), but it was my fault because I stripped one of my diff cover bolts and it came loose. I replaced the ESC with a max 6 esc. It's a very durable rig, but like any other RTR, it has weaknesses. Most of the parts are cheap. I also have the O8S and love that truck too. I haven't had the Outcast 8s for too long, but, in my experience, the O8S has better electronics, body, and tires than the xmaxx. The xmaxx has less chassis issues if you send them more than 20 ft in the air though. I like them both, but they both can break if you land too many times wrong. Some people think one or the other is trash when compared to each other. I disagree. They are both very durable and fun beasts. I barely run my 1/8 and smaller vehicles anymore after getting the xmaxx, Kraton 8s and Outcast 8s ?.

It is, and it's a great forum!

We've been discussing Arrma's and a lot of other great RC's here for years now.
Also tv's, home theater sets, real cars, bloopers, best youtube video's, pc's, pets, a 560 pages word association game, etc. The list of subjects is endless.
That's why i like this forum so much.

Check again man!

I have a o8s it’s super fun! I also have 3-x-maxx. One done with a max 5 and hobbywing 56113. One that I’m working on now is castle powered by a 2028 and castle x8s esc. Last one is stock.
the whole truck is very tough. I have no complaints.

I do not have the prerequisite prior RC experience to offer an opinion ? How many years does it need to be exactly?

That line of thinking always cracks me up. I majored in computers in college....in 1989. I worked with them for about 15 years and then stopped. This ancient knowledge of PC's means nothing when it comes to what's going on today and it doesn't make me some sort of expert. Same thing applies to the current generation of electric RC's. I only got back into RC's 2 and a half years ago. But this is not rocket science. If you read these boards daily you will learn a lot. "bUt i hAs yeaRS oF eXperiEncE!" Awesome. When I want know know about a 10 year old Slash I'll be sure to ask ?

"bUt i hAs yeaRS oF eXperiEncE!"

tenor.gif

I had an 8s Xmaxx and it was run with different setups.
Max5 and Leopard 5882 (1360kv)
XLX and TP 5670

It ran pretty well on the Leopard and Max5 setup, I damaged the front diff using the XLX and TP setup.
I tried the upgrade spiral diffs and they held up. I think for that RC the stock wheels are tires are best. The proline upgraded tires/wheels were too heavy. I also ran the MaxMax 1/5 wheels/tires on it. They were a little more narrow and less cushion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back