Fireteam Arrma FIRETEAM 1/7th Scale Speed Assault Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Towers, shocks, hubs, axle stubs, hexes, skids, bumpers, body, and of course guns
Yeah, but for the same performance, not all the parts are necessary. Looks like the skids, bumpers, roll cage, body panels, and figures/guns are where most of the extra cost comes in. That said, if it ends up being more durable than just a lexan shell, it may be worth it. I'd love to see what it looks like with the interior/figures/guns removed.

The shocks are the same as a Kraton, just a different color. The Firestorm does come with stiffer springs. I thought the shock towers were the same, but they do look different. As for the wheels, tires, axles and hexes, I think I'd prefer the Kraton's. I just watched some Kraton XL videos and I think they work better for off-road bashing/jumping. The Firestorm wheels are probably better for high speed/quicker handling in flatter conditions.

I'd blame it on HH and focus groups.. we know no one with a real life has time for focus groups🤣
I have to admit after seeing the fireteam in action, I do like what is. The styling I can see some folks disliking, appearance/style is subjective(I do like it). Now I personally would love an EXB version minus the electrics(likely dreaming).. maybe if Arrma insists on RTR EXB'S, then maybe they should put in some higher performance electrics? At least that would make the more experienced buyer feel better about RTR? IDK would drive the price up quite a bit tho.

after looking at some youtube videos

good speed
good acceleration
good handling
no wheelie's on 6s
does not seem to flip over easily

it could be worse

good speed
good acceleration
good handling
no wheelie's on 6s

it could be worse
Looked llike Duperbash was getting some wheelie action out of it, but takes a deliberate throttle stab and timing which I call power wheelies? Kinda slow and controllable which sounds like alot of fun to me😁 👍

Simply put, It's a revamped Mojave RTR.
XLWB Mojo chassis with Kraton Arrms.
Added new tires and body to that. And of course the Hand brake fluff.
My custom build Large Typhon is basically a Fireteam. Less tires and body. JennysRC, when will you get the the parts???:ROFLMAO:
Rich D. did the same build with his "Orange Darling".
HH invested in a new $body$/Bumper setup, the rest was Mojo/6s parts bin.
Parts train is languishing. HH what's up with that? Putting out new stuff and no parts available??? Cart before the horse.....
Looks like you are relying on Kit breakers to save you these days?:unsure::unsure: So now even Kit breaker prices are thru the roof.(n)
Aren't these hobby grade?
Where are the parts for my TLRT Typhon? Got that one some time ago. Still no TLRT parts???????:mad:
Give me a good reason to jump in on this Fireteam. I don't see any Yet.
Because it Looks Cool with toy soldiers????????

I have to admit after seeing the fireteam in action, I do like what is. The styling I can see some folks disliking, appearance/style is subjective(I do like it). Now I personally would love an EXB version minus the electrics(likely dreaming).. maybe if Arrma insists on RTR EXB'S, then maybe they should put in some higher performance electrics? At least that would make the more experienced buyer feel better about RTR? IDK would drive the price up quite a bit tho.
The best RTR electronics by far was the straight rebranded max6 in the Redcat R5. Spektrum's watered down garbage can't even compare. Next comes the OC'd max8 in the Corally cars. That thing is the BEST 1/8 RTR ESC ever. It pumps out more power than any max8 I have. I'd run that in ANY car 1/10 to 1/7 in a heartbeat. Arrma's junk can't touch that thing. Even the BLX200 was utter trash compared to it. It would do Arrma a world of good to kick out a decent max8 based ESC but again the gimmicky Spektrum junk they're in love with right now is nothing but temporary canon fodder. I also have no clue why they dropped the heat fins on the motor. The last 3 V5 cars I touched all had melted bearings & one literally had a blue rotor shaft from overheating.

The best RTR electronics by far was the straight rebranded max6 in the Redcat R5. Spektrum's watered down garbage can't even compare. Next comes the OC'd max8 in the Corally cars. That thing is the BEST 1/8 RTR ESC ever. It pumps out more power than any max8 I have. I'd run that in ANY car 1/10 to 1/7 in a heartbeat. Arrma's junk can't touch that thing. Even the BLX200 was utter trash compared to it. It would do Arrma a world of good to kick out a decent max8 based ESC but again the gimmicky Spektrum junk they're in love with right now is nothing but temporary canon fodder. I also have no clue why they dropped the heat fins on the motor. The last 3 V5 cars I touched all had melted bearings & one literally had a blue rotor shaft from overheating.
+1

The Tires have a Directional Tread design. Specific left and right hand side tires. Not the best idea IMHO. Potentially issue's with replacements. Ending up with Mismatched lefts and rights?
Just playing devils advocate here. :rolleyes:
BackFlip's to the rescue.:)

Last edited:

good speed
good acceleration
good handling
no wheelie's on 6s

it could be worse
Yup. I don't think anyone is complaining about the performance, other than the folks that think they need 1717 power.
8s that bish 🙌🏾
MM8X+1717+EXB diffs would be a lot of fun... :)

You’re loaded anyways. 👍🏽
I wouldn’t say that. I just don’t have the spending restrictions that others do. My kids are grown. Empty nest now. We both make decent money. We missed quite a few vacations the last few years so I may have spent more on RC than normal. 🤷🏻‍♂️😜

good speed
good acceleration
good handling
no wheelie's on 6s

it could be worse
And it could be WAYYY better.
It is all basic 6s electrics. Speed, handling ( obviously no wheelies with an XLWB chassis).Wide Kraton track width ( no tipping) pretty much all the standard performance of a 6s line rig. Nothing new at all.
Radio should have been much better at this price point. But obviously HH shot their load into that weird $$body$$. And added that Much sought after Handbrake.:ROFLMAO:
Many like the look of that rock racer buggy.:rolleyes:

I wouldn’t say that. I just don’t have the spending restrictions that others do. My kids are grown. Empty nest now. We both make decent money. We missed quite a few vacations the last few years so I may have spent more on RC than normal. 🤷🏻‍♂️😜
Spending money on RC ftw 😁

Mad respect!! Can't wait.... another 18 years for us!!

Last edited:
RCDude81 dropped a second vid, no hold bard send it style like we expect from Eric. Thrashed it pretty good. Bent chassis, screws pulling out the bottom of the car, and sounds like a diff clicking... LOL But he beat it like a rented mule.

Back