Fireteam Arrma FIRETEAM 1/7th Scale Speed Assault Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1.
Yes Losi does this. Also TA. Why I dropped them. And I started out in this hobby as a TA fanboy. Now I learned that I am not a fanboy of any brand.
Because many brands could care less about me. Getting stuck with rigs that are obsolete in a few years. Got stuck with a TA rig that was 6 months old. The remaining Parts were even liquidated by TA to Vendors who price gouged them for us losers with shelf queens now.. :mad: Been there once too many times. And now there are so many better practical options out there.:LOL: Competition is a good thing.(y)
Arrma seems to keep the parts train going. Keeping Proven Parts bin stuff from years back available for the most part. Like Trx does.
Yes your right. Arrma and Trx are some of the best for parts support. If something is hard to find parts for but I like it I don’t totally knock it out of contention though. Part of the hobby for me I driving, the other pa
Unfortunately JennysRC doesn't do all rigs. Only ones that are the movers/sellers. Popular ones like Arrma and Traxxass and what you see them selling, and in the hands of many that always need parts for bashing Hard. Not Hardly Bashing.:LOL: I notice that what JennysRC sells are the big, popular RC seller brands if you look closely. A good way to judge what is a good Popular RC IMHO. But many still come and go.
And when a rig is gone, JennysRC gets no more anyway. If we cant buy it anymore, Jennys Can't sell the parts either. They need the kits to break.
i hope they do break the Fire Team then I’ll stock up if I do go the route of buying the Fire Team. I don’t bash too hard but if I break something it’s nice to have the parts. Living in Canada I’ve always been proactive. Your talking to a guy that could just about build another Big Rock 6S with my parts I have for it lol. Waiting for parts here takes weeks from Jenny’s.

The way the wheels disappear inside the body on solid axle rigs is really cool. Mojave is almost like that but not quite.
Here you go ! I have both the Mojave and UDR and the SBR 2.0 , Mo for more bashing handling , UDR / SBR 2.0 for scale driving / looks .

GH010452_Trim (2)_Moment(2).jpg

GH010452_Trim (2)_Moment(3).jpg

Can’t look past those stupid figures dressesd in latex with guns, seems like a sausage fest or some kind of S&M orgy about to happen.
On top of that those tires are butt ugly. Someone is going to get beat up driving that thing.
Not my cup of tea but I’m not judging anyones fantasy

Fireteam doesn't seem to have AVC so question is can you add it and to what cost?

I took my 4s 1/8 buggy that has no AVC/TSM out today to a nice parking lot with smooth snow and ice and its way harder to drive there satisfactory compared to my xmaxx with 8s that have TSM.

don't want to buy a RC for 750 american that lacks AVC/TSM or something else that works good during winter.

So at the moment ill just wait for the next Kraton 1/5 since AVC is availible on it.

Fireteam doesn't seem to have AVC so question is can you add it and to what cost?

I took my 4s 1/8 buggy that has no AVC/TSM out today to a nice parking lot with smooth snow and ice and its way harder to drive there satisfactory compared to my xmaxx with 8s that have TSM.

don't want to buy a RC for 750 american that lacks AVC/TSM or something else that works good during winter.

So at the moment ill just wait for the next Kraton 1/5 since AVC is availible on it.
Basically $50 on JRC and you can haz AVC.

Not sure why blokes are blowing up about the Action Figures. If we’re being completely honest here, these cars are toys at the end of the day whether there’s a figurine in there or not 🤷‍♂️…… Accept it 😎

If the car handles anything like the Yeti XL with Arrma running gear………. She’ll go alright.

9B0E8A35-55CF-4101-8EA9-29D00E4DBC52.jpeg

93D9FA4B-26CD-49A9-BA4A-FC1534DFC73B.jpeg

4F830C33-A2DE-4329-A28A-91FA14F336D7.jpeg

If you don't mind, can you tell me what parts I need to get it to work?
You might just need a SR6110AT receiver. Not sure if the slt radios have avc capabilities. Here’s a dx3 radio and receiver that has avc from Jennys. https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ystem-spektrum-dx3-felony-srs6100at-ara7615v2
They probably don’t use it in the fireteam because of the hand break.

You might just need a SR6110AT receiver. Not sure if the slt radios have avc capabilities. Here’s a dx3 radio and receiver that has avc from Jennys. https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ystem-spektrum-dx3-felony-srs6100at-ara7615v2
They probably don’t use it in the fireteam because of the hand break.

Sounds good, I guess you cant have handbrake and AVC together?

however

I only need AVC during winter conditions
I want handbrake during non winter conditions

So I could in worst case swap transmitter and receiver when winter starts and winter ends.

Sounds good, I guess you cant have handbrake and AVC together?

however

I only need AVC during winter conditions
I want handbrake during non winter conditions

So I could in worst case swap transmitter and receiver when winter starts and winter ends.
AVC and handbrake should be possible since those are both in the stock Infraction..

So buying this https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ystem-spektrum-dx3-felony-srs6100at-ara7615v2

Would enable AVC and the handbrake, if someone here think its not possible please reply here.
EDIT: So Arrma probably excluded it because of cost reasons?
Yep it should be possible since it's used in the Infraction. I don't use Spectrum remotes.. but I am sure the AVC is only applied to the 1st and 2nd channel of the receiver and not the third.
Yep, pretty sure they excluded it because of cost reasons..

Yep it should be possible since it's used in the Infraction. I don't use Spectrum remotes.. but I am sure the AVC is only applied to the 1st and 2nd channel of the receiver and not the third.
Yep, pretty sure they excluded it because of cost reasons..
I don’t think AVC is applied to more than CH1… 🤷🏻‍♂️

On top of that those tires are butt ugly. Someone is going to get beat up driving that thing.
I agree the tires are ugly, but judging by all the videos, they perform really well. They grip off-road and don't balloon at top speed. JayTee got it going 71mph and it was perfectly stable.

Last edited:
I don’t think AVC is applied to more than CH1… 🤷🏻‍♂️
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it influences the throttle as well. On the higher end Spektrum Remotes you can change it so only the steering portion works or the other way round. Not sure if the throttle control is activated with the DX3 since it's harder to adjust.
Here is a link (not sure if it still works the same today):
at 2:56
I think CCXRC had a video explaining it, but can't find it right now

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it influences the throttle as well. On the higher end Spektrum Remotes you can change it so only the steering portion works or the other way round. Not sure if the throttle control is activated with the DX3 since it's harder to adjust.
Here is a link (not sure if it still works the same today):
at 2:56
I think CCXRC had a video explaining it, but can't find it right now
I’ve never used it, so I’m far from an expert here. Others have said here that it’s on a CH1 modulator, but they could have been wrong too.

I guess my question would be just how would you expect CH2 modulation would work? What is the desired effect? What triggers this process and in what way?

Definately influences the throttle. I’ve had the SR6110AT in my Mojave, K8s and Lasernut. Very noticeable in the k8s throttle response and not as much in the others. I disabled it in those cars at the receiver for more violent throttle response and just get used to the steering without avc. For bashing i don’t use it. The Dumbo 6ch radio and receivers have a giro which only helps with steering and not throttle. That radio is around 30$ and extra receivers around 10$. I still run that radio with my Talion and sparingly use the giro.

I’ve never used it, so I’m far from an expert here. Others have said here that it’s on a CH1 modulator, but they could have been wrong too.

I guess my question would be just how would you expect CH2 modulation would work? What is the desired effect? What triggers this process and in what way?
Honestly I don't know and it doesn't seem to work very well, at least from the videos I have seen. Most people will turn it off I guess.
Since it's just a basic accelerometer, they are probably using the longitudinal acceleration data in combination with the throttle input and make adjustments accordingly. Seems like it will just cut throttle, so turning it off is the best option.

Back