Fireteam Arrma FIRETEAM 1/7th Scale Speed Assault Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing the wheels will hang out quite a bit? Might be able to trim the wheel wells of the Mojave body to clear? I think the fireteam is wider, similar to kraton width?

Fireteam uses Kraton arms (wider) and the narrower hubs like the Typhon, Mojave and Talion. The Fireteam is closest to a Talion XL other than it has the higher shock towers and longer shocks. Wheels would be sticking out a bit and would need some decent trimming done to the body.

I thoroughly enjoy mine! I love everything about it especially the looks. I have driven every arrma and between myself, my brother, my neighbor, and my dad we own most of them currently. I have mine setup with a max 5 and a 5687 1100kv running a 34 pinion with a 46 spur on 6s With backflip 6s tires and it's an animal. Haven't tried 8s yet but it might just be too much. But its Very smooth, it's heavy but that helps it in some sense because bumps don't effect it as much. I don't do massive sends but I do pretty solid jumps and it handles it great. The stock tires were good but the backflips are much MUCH better grip, same height, little wider, same weight. I did have a couple spots on the panels pull through the screws but those were from multiple very harsh tumbles that went for like 15-30 feet.

I also just got panels painted by @Ajag so it's looks even more amazing now. Going to post pictures once I get some good ones
Are you using the pps mount?

No I was using a cheap one on eBay. But I took that big system out. Just got too heavy
Oh really? damn thats interesting, I was sitting here using your post to justify myself getting a fat tp 5660 which is about the same weight as what you had. I was worried about the weight but your earlier post made it sound so nice lol. OMG I'm even more confused and conflicted than I was before!! :eek: :eek: :ROFLMAO:

What did you replace it with? the combo I was thinking of doing would be 259 grams lighter than what you had but that doesn't sound like a lot in my head.

Last edited:
Do
Oh really? damn thats interesting, I was sitting here using your post to justify myself getting a fat tp 5660 which is about the same weight as what you had. I was worried about the weight but your earlier post made it sound so nice lol. OMG I'm even more confused and conflicted than I was before!! :eek: :eek: :ROFLMAO:

What did you replace it with? the combo I was thinking of doing would be 259 grams lighter than what you had but that doesn't sound like a lot in my head
Don't get me wrong it was awesome and it felt so good and powerful but when it crashed and rolled and stuff it hurt. I was pulling the pivot balls out of the hubs and breaking shock ends and stuff. Plus for whatever reason I couldn't keep my pinion on the damn thing even with red loctite it would end up coming off so that was annoying. I'm putting a 1717 and max 6 in that I have. Probably going to sell the big combo. If I didn't have roll overs and stuff it was very very powerful and fun but when I did it was painful sadly

Do

Don't get me wrong it was awesome and it felt so good and powerful but when it crashed and rolled and stuff it hurt. I was pulling the pivot balls out of the hubs and breaking shock ends and stuff. Plus for whatever reason I couldn't keep my pinion on the damn thing even with red loctite it would end up coming off so that was annoying. I'm putting a 1717 and max 6 in that I have. Probably going to sell the big combo. If I didn't have roll overs and stuff it was very very powerful and fun but when I did it was painful sadly
Thanks for the insight, any idea what your rig weight was with that big combo? I think I'm going to yolo and hope it works out as with a mmx8s + tp 5660 i will be 13lbs no body/battery vs 12lbs 10oz of my kraton also no body/battery. Maybe I should buy some spare shock standoffs though haha.

Thanks for the insight, any idea what your rig weight was with that big combo? I think I'm going to yolo and hope it works out as with a mmx8s + tp 5660 i will be 13lbs no body/battery vs 12lbs 10oz of my kraton also no body/battery. Maybe I should buy some spare shock standoffs though haha.
I think I only ever weighed it with the 1717 in it and it was 14 lb and change. Pretty positive that was with battery, it was awhile ago. Lol yolo is always the fun option!! Plus if it doesn't work out you have a speed run combo to use! 🏎🏎🏎

I’m looking to upgrade my FT with the following for more power and top speed:
* Hobbywing EZRUN MAX8 G2 Speed Controller
* Hobbywing EZRUN 4278SD 2250KV G2 Motor Black
* Arrma Spur Gear 46T (1pc) (ARA310939)
* Arrma Pinion Gear, 24T HD Mod1 Safe-D5 (ARA310971)

I’d greatly appreciate your thoughts on this.

I’m looking to upgrade my FT with the following for more power and top speed:
* Hobbywing EZRUN MAX8 G2 Speed Controller
* Hobbywing EZRUN 4278SD 2250KV G2 Motor Black
* Arrma Spur Gear 46T (1pc) (ARA310939)
* Arrma Pinion Gear, 24T HD Mod1 Safe-D5 (ARA310971)

I’d greatly appreciate your thoughts on this.
The fireteam is way to heavy for that combo… essentially you’d be swapping the esc for one that’s comparable in power with a few more tuning options..

If it was me I’d probably get an mmx8s 1717 1650kv.. I’ll be honest, I have the max6 combo 1650kv and even on 18t I’m overheating 🤯

Wanted to go max 6 5687 but I’m still figuring out how to deal with the huge shaft on that motor. 😂🤣 huge shaft..

The fireteam is way to heavy for that combo… essentially you’d be swapping the esc for one that’s comparable in power with a few more tuning options..

If it was me I’d probably get an mmx8s 1717 1650kv.. I’ll be honest, I have the max6 combo 1650kv and even on 18t I’m overheating 🤯

Wanted to go max 6 5687 but I’m still figuring out how to deal with the huge shaft on that motor. 😂🤣 huge shaft..
My tp 5660(5692) 1460kv with 8mm shaft has fit great. Motor heavy af but it handled the first day at the park really well. Buying 8mm pinions is ebola though 🤣

THe Fireteam has always been on the radar, but with the original price I've been able to withstand the tempation.
With the summer sales going on the Fireteam is lurking again... big time. The question is whether the big discounts on the Fireteam mean there will be a V2 or EXB or discontinuing.
Bank on topic, I've seen and read almost nothing but positive reviews and the 'cons' can be fixed either completely or to a great extent (already know for 99% what I'd be changing. Part of the fun right, and don't we all do this for this for cars we don't even own?;))

Although I'd rather would have seen a (EXB) roller my main question is how the diffs are holding up especially when running upgraded more powerful setups (preferably Max6 Combo). It is a big heavy and with upgrade electronics and big lipo's I wonder if the stock diffs can handle it. Haven't seen comments on this, but I'd value the input of the Armma Army here (wayyyyy) more than 'just the internet reviews'.(y)

Asking for a friend;)

THe Fireteam has always been on the radar, but with the original price I've been able to withstand the tempation.
With the summer sales going on the Fireteam is lurking again... big time. The question is whether the big discounts on the Fireteam mean there will be a V2 or EXB or discontinuing.
Bank on topic, I've seen and read almost nothing but positive reviews and the 'cons' can be fixed either completely or to a great extent (already know for 99% what I'd be changing. Part of the fun right, and don't we all do this for this for cars we don't even own?;))

Although I'd rather would have seen a (EXB) roller my main question is how the diffs are holding up especially when running upgraded more powerful setups (preferably Max6 Combo). It is a big heavy and with upgrade electronics and big lipo's I wonder if the stock diffs can handle it. Haven't seen comments on this, but I'd value the input of the Armma Army here (wayyyyy) more than 'just the internet reviews'.(y)

Asking for a friend;)
I was running a max 5 with a 5687 1100 kv motor on a cnhl 6s (I had the combo laying around from something else and decided to toss it in). It was heavy as hell but the diffs held. And I was running backflip 6s so it was grippin n rippin. But I also ran a castle 1717 with a mmx8s in it and that was better for sure. The other combo was just way too heavy

Asking for a friend;)
About the FT diffs, I am happy with them, and the stock is holding well. I am running a Max 6, but I am running the stock motor 2050kv.

Before ever running it, I check all the diffs, input/outdrive gears, etc. In the rear for example, I added shims to the input gear for a better mesh, as well as shim the diffs and checked the rest of the rig. I follow that to the other areas like the wheels, etc. Stock diffs are well serviced for optimum running. Diffs are holding good for me.

I agree on the price which is why I bought mine off here to save some $$$

I was running a max 5 with a 5687 1100 kv motor on a cnhl 6s (I had the combo laying around from something else and decided to toss it in). It was heavy as hell but the diffs held. And I was running backflip 6s so it was grippin n rippin. But I also ran a castle 1717 with a mmx8s in it and that was better for sure. The other combo was just way too heavy
Funny enough I ended up taking my tp 5660 out and putting in the mmx8s combo as well. I also removed the soldiers ers and I definitely like it like this a lot more lol. I have the same heavy motor in my Talion XL and I love it there though, weird how that works. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Funny enough I ended up taking my tp 5660 out and putting in the mmx8s combo as well. I also removed the solders and I definitely like it like this a lot more lol. I have the same heavy motor in my Talion XL and I love it there though, weird how that works. :ROFLMAO:
Haha yup!! Maybe because the talion is supposed to stay low and planted so that extra weight helps that, where the fireteam is a bit too heavy and heavy in general so that extra weight just hurts

So finally I ordered it, winter sale at Horizon Hobby.
Will probably use it most during summer, during winter I use modified xmaxx and modified Stampede 4x4 both with TSM.

I hope everyone that purchased the Fireteam a long time ago is satisfied with it ;-)
If anyone who purchased it have any tips about the truck it would be great if you could post it here.

Thanks

Fireteam uses Kraton arms (wider) and the narrower hubs like the Typhon, Mojave and Talion. The Fireteam is closest to a Talion XL other than it has the higher shock towers and longer shocks. Wheels would be sticking out a bit and would need some decent trimming done to the body.
Fireteam for the Most part, is a Mojave (chassis) with Kraton Arms. In a nut shell.
Put Mojave arms on the FT and your are a Mojave, body and all. Bodies are just bodies.
It is all Modular, crossover Parts bin stuff. Like building Legos.

So finally I ordered it, winter sale at Horizon Hobby.
Will probably use it most during summer, during winter I use modified xmaxx and modified Stampede 4x4 both with TSM.

I hope everyone that purchased the Fireteam a long time ago is satisfied with it ;-)
If anyone who purchased it have any tips about the truck it would be great if you could post it here.

Thanks
Congrats !! Looks like fun truck to drive !!! What winter sale , looks like reg price $669 ?

Last edited:
Back