BLX185 No Throttle - Green Light Flashes 4 times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happened to me yesterday as well on my infraction on the 2nd pack but it does not have any flashing lights

Just was with horizon in the phone took 7 minutes and they already sending a remplcement esc i said i had a video showing the problem but he decided to straightly send me a remplacement without any questions
Im starting to be a really feel stupid went trought two motors because bearing failure and one can i had almost all my mounting holes stripped and now an esc like 200$ something on electronics?
For the second motor i had a bended screw thats what killed my mounting holes pretty crazy

Just was with horizon in the phone took 7 minutes and they already sending a remplcement esc i said i had a video showing the problem but he decided to straightly send me a remplacement without any questions
Im starting to be a really feel stupid went trought two motors because bearing failure and one can i had almost all my mounting holes stripped and now an esc like 200$ something on electronics?
For the second motor i had a bended screw thats what killed my mounting holes pretty crazy

Did you try the potential fix in my previous post?

Thought i would leave an update on my ESC, it worked about 6-7 packs and is now completely locked in the 4 flashes and there is no easy mend for it anymore. So now i ordered a new one.

I don’t remember what the fix for that is atm but I know that people have unbricked their ESCs when this happens. I think it was something like use a different cell count lipo and change an ESC variable. Then it would begin working again.

Thought i would leave an update on my ESC, it worked about 6-7 packs and is now completely locked in the 4 flashes and there is no easy mend for it anymore. So now i ordered a new one.
The esc has a 2 year warranty on it, contact Horizon, give them a description of the problem and link to this thread.

for what it's worth I had similar problem same green flashing lights no throttle but steering worked, what was strange when I powered my kraton up that run the ESC didn't make any beeps but I didn't think anything of it till it lost power mid run and battery was still above 4 volts per cell. This all turns out to be my own fault when all is said and done, I had replaced my servo with a new Savox 1210 as well as a HR servo mount which is a tight fit for wiring to go threw IMO and some how ended up with a bare spot on the wire between the servo and receiver, corrected this and ESC went back to working but still not making any beeps so instead of possible fire I replaced it with Hex6 6s.

for what it's worth I had similar problem same green flashing lights no throttle but steering worked, what was strange when I powered my kraton up that run the ESC didn't make any beeps but I didn't think anything of it till it lost power mid run and battery was still above 4 volts per cell. This all turns out to be my own fault when all is said and done, I had replaced my servo with a new Savox 1210 as well as a HR servo mount which is a tight fit for wiring to go threw IMO and some how ended up with a bare spot on the wire between the servo and receiver, corrected this and ESC went back to working but still not making any beeps so instead of possible fire I replaced it with Hex6 6s.
The BLX185 doesn't beep unfortunately.

Had to resurrect this old thread, I found a solution that worked for me.

After some ESC problems, it finally started working. Then, a few days and it started the 4 green flashes with no throttle. But servo worked.

Nothing worked to fix. Fresh lipos, reset did not register, and no info to fix. Just people scrapping them or sending in for repair.

But this trick worked for me:
Turn everything on, and pump throttle while disconnecting blue motor wire. Then keep pumping while reconnecting it.

I repeated this 2 times and it actually worked.

Had to resurrect this old thread, I found a solution that worked for me.

After some ESC problems, it finally started working. Then, a few days and it started the 4 green flashes with no throttle. But servo worked.

Nothing worked to fix. Fresh lipos, reset did not register, and no info to fix. Just people scrapping them or sending in for repair.

But this trick worked for me:
Turn everything on, and pump throttle while disconnecting blue motor wire. Then keep pumping while reconnecting it.

I repeated this 2 times and it actually worked.

I tried everything for a few days without success what did work on the first try for me is doing a reset with the hobbywing program card.

The ESC is now working, I'm just not sure for how long.

I’m just going to add this here for future readers.

I have a V4 Typhon with the BLX185. I added a fan and when I plugged a 2S pack in to check my connections before buttoning it up I only had steering and no throttle. It was flashing 2 green lights with 2 chirps. I swapped the 2S pack for a 3S and everything worked fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back