Felony Drag Time List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been messaging my drag buddies asking them to donate their messed up foams to me so I have some practice wheels to destroy. My other wheel is all chipped away.

Also, another guy sent me a photo of some Sweeps stacked side by side with Contact. The sweeps were much wider.. I wonder how they compare to BSRs
Ive had all three. The Sweeps are what I ran for my PB drag hits.

132ft down by 0.05secs. Still on the road to 2.0sec using Spektrum electronics

Changes made:
- BSR Purples
- (2) 4S 6000mAh gplus
- Punch on 3 and 5 (no time difference)

I tested it out at the infamous Compton drag racing spot, where people are running 1.6sec like it’s nothing. You can see all the prep marks in the ground from earlier in the day.
5EDC860A-AB92-41DA-8209-D2514733264A.jpeg
23A7D945-0BAE-4F91-8B23-D3BA8C1645DC.jpeg
1DDDB825-3FBA-4FA0-BA47-80716D418AD8.png
9168ACD6-C55F-4159-B062-0A4800F58F11.png
743E7DE8-9547-42B7-BC35-47B624B918A0.png

Side note: my servo gave out. I think these foams are too much for it to handle

Nice runs, Redondo.. Impressive for Specktrum electronics. I haven't run my drag infraction in a while, now that its starting to get warm I need to bring it out again.. Last summer these were the best times I did with it on the 132 and 188ft runs. I mostly ran 188ft and only did a few 132ft passes, as that's the only distance that was counted on the leaderboards.. That car was also on the stock infraction center diff, this time it will be on a spool so it should get off the line quicker. These were done on 8s and on GRP S1 slicks, with a MMX8s and castle 1717. I have a set of Sweep soft foams I'm going to use this time around. and see what happens.. I'm hoping besides the better traction from the spool, the larger diameter foams will get it down the track quicker not just add top speed, I'll see what happens

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

Nice runs, Redondo.. Impressive for Specktrum electronics. I haven't run my drag infraction in a while, now that its starting to get warm I need to bring it out again.. Last summer these were the best times I did with it on the 132 and 188ft runs. I mostly ran 188ft and only did a few 132ft passes, as that's the only distance that was counted on the leaderboards.. That car was also on the stock infraction center diff, this time it will be on a spool so it should get off the line quicker. These were done on 8s and on GRP S1 slicks, with a MMX8s and castle 1717. I have a set of Sweep soft foams I'm going to use this time around. and see what happens.. I'm hoping besides the better traction from the spool, the larger diameter foams will get it down the track quicker not just add top speed, I'll see what happens

View attachment 213912

View attachment 213913
Can’t wait to see what times you put down!

Also consider that foams will introduce more load into the system compared to the GRPs, so you might need to re-gear it to compensate for that voltage drop.

It’s a fun new challenge for me. I really like starting with Spektrum because it really forces you to be as efficient as you can be as you’re really limited.

Know any good spots in Westwood to practice?! Lol

Guys would you like me to start doing this too? I am going to get some times today! Hope they are good, this will be my first time trying a 188ft or a 0-40 and the 1st time I will have my gnss on my 1/10 no prep.
Honestly, that would be awesome. I hardly have enough time these days to check in on the thread, let alone update the leaderboard.

PM me if you are willing to take it over, and I'll send you the drive docs.

Get you a MAX6 and some QS8 connectors. You have a great start.

Yeah one day I might get serious with it. I have an XLX that I can drop in there. I just really like the limits the Spektrum stuff puts on you.. makes you have to think differently and try different strategies. Figure if I can get this down to 2.0sec using the Spektrum stuff and dry tires I’ll be good when I go big.

QS8 eventually.. I have all the connectors. Just not the time.

Nobody outside this forum runs 188 it seems. Also, my argument is this: if you're are gonna claim scale (not you personally), narrow the lanes to scale as well.

Why 132ft? it is a 1/7 why don't you run 188ft?

The drag races near me run 132ft regardless of scale. It’s just a race what you bring type of thing.

Im tuning my car for these races.

Nobody outside this forum runs 188 it seems. Also, my argument is this: if you're are gonna claim scale (not you personally), narrow the lanes to scale as well.
True statement "narrow the lanes to scale as well" what I will say is that I have watched some 1/7 drag racing and they run 188.
132ft exists because it is based off 1/10 scale 1/4mi, so why aren't any no prep clubs limiting lane width to match? Switching to 188ft for 1/7 scale is equivalent
I think it is because RC cars are less stable than rear cars and think about it, what if drag cars went 800mph?!?! 80mphX10.

Back