Kraton EXB - recommend me some electronics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the to the point answer. I'm running a 16t now and its good to hear that I can go a little higher!
haha I know this post a few months old now but it's funny to me because I just put castle combo in a kraton a few days ago and tried a 25t pinion and my temps were great. Granted my ambient is knda low but with dual 30mm fans that castle motor stays frosty. That was with stock copperheads too and not the smaller backflip lp's.

I even tried a 30t pinion in my talion today with a castle combo with 40f ambient and 138mm tires (methodrc) QUIIICK geared for 83 mph and the motor never even hit 100f which was nuts to me. Between my driving style, fans, and low ambient temps I get to gear waaaay up apparently. I feel like I'd be bored with a 16t pinion. Also probably why I'm stuck regluing tires all the time. :ROFLMAO:

haha I know this post a few months old now but it's funny to me because I just put castle combo in a kraton a few days ago and tried a 25t pinion and my temps were great. Granted my ambient is knda low but with dual 30mm fans that castle motor stays frosty. That was with stock copperheads too and not the smaller backflip lp's.

I even tried a 30t pinion in my talion today with a castle combo with 40f ambient and 138mm tires (methodrc) QUIIICK geared for 83 mph and the motor never even hit 100f which was nuts to me. Between my driving style, fans, and low ambient temps I get to gear waaaay up apparently. I feel like I'd be bored with a 16t pinion. Also probably why I'm stuck regluing tires all the time. :ROFLMAO:
I have a bit of higher ambient temps here and was able to run a 20t with motor hitting 145 tops without fans.
I went down to a 18t for a bit more torque and now that I'm rebuilding it with 1/5 tires I will bring it down to about a 16t and see how it goes.
Short bursts on the sand in my goal so will have to play with pinions but don't really see a worry with temps...unless I get carried away and decide to not stop and bash instead of doing short speed runs :p

But yea the CC combo is amazing if you ask me. I'm a fan for life!

I have a bit of higher ambient temps here and was able to run a 20t with motor hitting 145 tops without fans.
I went down to a 18t for a bit more torque and now that I'm rebuilding it with 1/5 tires I will bring it down to about a 16t and see how it goes.
Short bursts on the sand in my goal so will have to play with pinions but don't really see a worry with temps...unless I get carried away and decide to not stop and bash instead of doing short speed runs :p

But yea the CC combo is amazing if you ask me. I'm a fan for life!
It really is a treat! it feels SO smooth, What 1/5 tires are you going with? grps? I've been meaning to try mine on the mojave at some point.

It really is a treat! it feels SO smooth, What 1/5 tires are you going with? grps? I've been meaning to try mine on the mojave at some point.
I have Rovan SandBusters. Attempting something a little out of the norm...a sand drag truck.😜

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back