Hobao VTE2 build log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I set the travel limiters last night and used the fuel tubing as suggested by @LibertyMKiii and James. I should have taken pictures but was too lazy. Front tubing was 8mm in length and rears were 11mm with ride heights of Front 12 mm and Rear 18mm. Compressed Front 9mm and Rear 13mm.

What I did was sliced the tubing lengthwise and which me allowed me install it around the strut. Then I used a small zip tie around the tubing to secure it.

I've already drilled my FC100 body and the next step for me is to paint.

IMG_8261.jpg

IMG_8263.jpg

I love that blue and white-combo.
Excellent work so far.

For cutting:
1672376263271.png

I'd recommend removing a bit more of the front lip leaving about 2mm of the vertical surface but large enough that it works for your car and setup. So maybe it's right already? Getting the body as low as you can is key, it helps reduce blow-overs and also makes the aerodynamic footprint smaller. Also, remove most of the rear so it does not catch air. I leave enough so there is a 90-degree bend so the plastic can retain it's strength.

Last many of us have found that part of the front wheel arch hits the tire.

I love that blue and white-combo.
Excellent work so far.

For cutting:
View attachment 265918
I'd recommend removing a bit more of the front lip leaving about 2mm of the vertical surface but large enough that it works for your car and setup. So maybe it's right already? Getting the body as low as you can is key, it helps reduce blow-overs and also makes the aerodynamic footprint smaller. Also, remove most of the rear so it does not catch air. I leave enough so there is a 90-degree bend so the plastic can retain it's strength.

Last many of us have found that part of the front wheel arch hits the tire.
Thanks Liberty. I do have a small cutout in the rear but I know it's pretty small compared to the serious guys. My thinking is that I can always cut out more but once it's cut, you can't add it back...

IMG_8285.jpg

Thanks Liberty. I do have a small cutout in the rear but I know it's pretty small compared to the serious guys. My thinking is that I can always cut out more but once it's cut, you can't add it back...

View attachment 265921
I didn't leave quite as much of the rear body on as you did, but I did have a similar thought process. G'waaan....go whole hog. You're just delaying the inevitable. I put it off for a while too but I think you'll probably come around to the "hospital gown" look as well. 98.37% probability. :)
1672381164928.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back