Typhon RWB Porsche Build Log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I envy your ability to still enjoy free speed zones.
It was a frustrating drive home from the airport lol. At minimum the fastidious way the traffic popped into the left lane and right back out again is severely lacking in the US. We flashed our lights at someone in Germany and they immediately moved over.

It was a frustrating drive home from the airport lol. At minimum the fastidious way the traffic popped into the left lane and right back out again is severely lacking in the US. We flashed our lights at someone in Germany and they immediately moved over.
Yes, it’s maddening. I think it’s an equal blend of apathy and ignorance. It’s really prevalent in the Northeast for sure, more than most spots I’ve been in the U.S.
The most courteous drivers in the U.S. I’ve seen were in Texas. In the middle of nowhere if someone saw you coming up in their mirror they would pull to the side (on a two lane highway) to facilitate your pass. Unfailingly. And they always waved! I mean, sometimes they shot at you as well, but they were very courteous drivers.

All it is is the strictness of driving classes/tests. In the USA, you drive for 100h with your parents, and do a relatively easy test. In DE, apparently they're a lot stricter. Bad drivers have to improve or not drive.

All it is is the strictness of driving classes/tests. In the USA, you drive for 100h with your parents, and do a relatively easy test. In DE, apparently they're a lot stricter. Bad drivers have to improve or not drive.
I was a terrible driver in driver's ed...oh wait, still am but now I drive a lot smaller car!😉😁

Yes, it’s maddening. I think it’s an equal blend of apathy and ignorance. It’s really prevalent in the Northeast for sure, more than most spots I’ve been in the U.S.
The most courteous drivers in the U.S. I’ve seen were in Texas. In the middle of nowhere if someone saw you coming up in their mirror they would pull to the side (on a two lane highway) to facilitate your pass. Unfailingly. And they always waved! I mean, sometimes they shot at you as well, but they were very courteous drivers.
They'll run you over too as I've found, had to hustle because instead of being annoyed and slowing...the Texas city drivers simply didn't look up and would run you down.
All drivers need not be in the passing lane, unless passing
Look at Finalnd with 70mph wet skid tests off the end of a hill. Steer thru it or spin out, most US drivers wouldn't initiate the drift lol RWB Build Thread 💀

Typhon body still fits, SB chassis
20230407_021908.jpg
molten Kydex is a pita without tools
20230407_023512.jpg

German traffic is more orderly and far more predictable than in the US. I find this predictability is a big factor when it comes to driving fast. If people see lane changes as optional or something to do just because you want a different perspective...you're gonna have a lot of accidents. It's not observed as much as it should be and you always see people bumbling along in the middle lane, but German law says you drive as far to the right as you can. This invisible hand that pushes the traffic to the right is really what makes blasting in the left lane possible.

You’re doing a full undertray on the bottom of the chassis? I have some Kydex sheets I’m about to start working with.
Yes, not upgrading to an Infraction or Felony chassis, but using their bumpers has created a 1/4" bump in the front and rear that is bound to hook up on something. The Delta plastiks body is also about 2" wider than the chassis, so a full plate will run out to meet it, giving the fragile side walls of the lexan something to grab.

Last edited:
I’m really looking forward to seeing this thing come together. That Delta body has pretty large fender flares and should lend itself very well to the RWB look.

Nice. Love seeing fellow RWB enthusiasts out in the wild. I own two wide-body cars, one I did myself, and it makes you really appreciate the level of attention to detail and skill Nakai-San has

FINALLY got some work in, still very rough, but the bottom plate is bolted in place and I can start getting the ducts to meet the body!

20230606_210640.jpg

YES, it's super bumpy, that will get smoothed out 🤞

20230606_210658.jpg

The screws will get flush mounted or some other means of attachment. Big ones go into the rear Infraction diffuser and small ones go into the Typhon chassis with lock nuts on the opposite side.

20230606_213632.jpg

and UP she goes!, up and with a curve, basically a pain in the ass to keep from turning into a wonky mess.

20230606_214114.jpg

Yes rumpley looking, it should get tighter where I can

20230606_214129.jpg

Still needs major trimming and still trying to figure out what it needs to do in and around the suspension

20230606_214513.jpg

First fold. The goal here is to A: provide an attachment point for the sides of the body. B: Give under the body some structure/protection. C: probably sculpt those up to be some kind of air duct because that would be cool looking

20230606_221041.jpg

Both sides folded. Have to massage the curve to be more pronounced, flatten it more to meet the body and then figure out wtf I need to trim to fit the wheels.

20230606_230420.jpg

Pretty close, still needs some significant work to mate with the body, but it's mounted

20230606_221030.jpg

Progress!

Nice work duder! Just out of curiosity but, what is that you're working with there? Is black sheet polycarbonate with CF texture or what is that? I'm understanding what you're doing there correctly that you're heating that sheet and shaping it as needed, correct? I dig it man. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back