HPI Vorza Truggy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically how I did drives. I’m guessing it’s a basher that’s still an ok performer on track. So is it a good handling basher or a pure basher where handling is an afterthought.

And does it live up to its reputation of being durable? Do the diffs need the same care as Arrma diffs or are they low(er) maintenance? And finally, is the chassis really that strong. I already heard the first people questioning it’s 7075.
Check out Aussie RC Playground then. Vas does a great job reviewing the Vorza truggy S. He has a few videos up about it. Like @KnowAir said, it doesn't come down to it not being a great car. It looks great. It's price and parts that are the detractors.

Edit: ah nevermind, it seems like you mentioned Vas' review already.

No problem 😁. This seems to be one of the only thorough reviews of it (and there is none of the Buggy). So I was looking for more info.

No problem 😁. This seems to be one of the only thorough reviews of it (and there is none of the Buggy). So I was looking for more info.
Not a full on review but this channel has a few vids on the buggy. Some of the most spectacular videos I've ever seen on rc's in general on their channel as well!!

Basically how I did drives. I’m guessing it’s a basher that’s still an ok performer on track. So is it a good handling basher or a pure basher where handling is an afterthought.

And does it live up to its reputation of being durable? Do the diffs need the same care as Arrma diffs or are they low(er) maintenance? And finally, is the chassis really that strong. I already heard the first people questioning it’s 7075.

It drives like it is on rails, it is literally an electric version of the old Hot Bodies D8T truggy, the Vorza is an electric version of the D8. Handling wise it is more comparable to a Tekno than an Arrma. It is a race truck that was made into a basher so handling is top notch it will run circles around an Arrma on the track.

Yes it is durable, over the past 3 years I have managed to slightly tweak the shock towers, break a wing mount, bent a few screws here and there and bent the front cvds. I did bend my chassis but I think was more to do with the hack job whoever did the e conversion did on the chassis, it actually cracked where they hacked it up. Arrma only wishes it's diffs were like the diffs in the Vorza, I've never stripped or broken anything in my diffs, I've stripped like half a dozen diffs, broken quite a few diff pins and broke a few outdrives in my Arrma rigs over the years. Diff maintenance is the same no matter what brand, they all need to be maintained on regular intervals. I posted side by side comparisons of the diffs somewhere in this thread if you want to look back through it. The chassis is 7075 like Tekno.

It drives like it is on rails, it is literally an electric version of the old Hot Bodies D8T truggy, the Vorza is an electric version of the D8. Handling wise it is more comparable to a Tekno than an Arrma. It is a race truck that was made into a basher so handling is top notch it will run circles around an Arrma on the track.

Yes it is durable, over the past 3 years I have managed to slightly tweak the shock towers, break a wing mount, bent a few screws here and there and bent the front cvds. I did bend my chassis but I think was more to do with the hack job whoever did the e conversion did on the chassis, it actually cracked where they hacked it up. Arrma only wishes it's diffs were like the diffs in the Vorza, I've never stripped or broken anything in my diffs, I've stripped like half a dozen diffs, broken quite a few diff pins and broke a few outdrives in my Arrma rigs over the years. Diff maintenance is the same no matter what brand, they all need to be maintained on regular intervals. I posted side by side comparisons of the diffs somewhere in this thread if you want to look back through it. The chassis is 7075 like Tekno.
Dang Slick!! I know you like the Vorzas but try and contain yourself!!😁🤣🤣🍻
Just kidding with you!! I believe what you're saying, certainly no reason or experience to argue any of your points either.
I said it before, I'd love me some Vorza S Flux for sure!! I wish HPI could find better representation here in the states. Would really be nice to see. A new Hobby distributer to represent HPI, TC and Tekno along with a few others.. Mugen perhaps even Kyosho? IDK but it's obvious there's really only two big players that are controlling the US market. Unfortunately they seem more concerned about volume than quality IMO.

Just kidding with you!! I believe what you're saying, certainly no reason or experience to argue any of your points either.
I said it before, I'd love me some Vorza S Flux for sure!! I wish HPI could find better representation here in the states. Would really be nice to see. A new Hobby distributer to represent HPI, TC and Tekno along with a few others.. Mugen perhaps even Kyosho? IDK but it's obvious there's really only two big players that are controlling the US market. Unfortunately they seem more concerned about volume than quality IMO.
Tekno is US based and does their own distribution. But yeah they need better marketing and a better distributor. The lack of spare parts is rather upsetting as well. I am still waiting for the S chassis and rear center drive shaft to become available so I can fix my D8T.

The man knows!

I won 5 A-mains with a D8B the first year it came out. These pics are like 12 years old.
D-8Hara003.jpg

D-8Hara005.jpg

For those of you wondering what's on my shocks. Works better than boots, 1 roll can last you the whole year and you can buy multiple colors less than 1 set of boots. You guessed it, Vet Wrap. It's used on my air filters too, works excellent on dusty tracks!

https://vetwraps.com/collections/dogs

The man knows!

I won 5 A-mains with a D8B the first year it came out. These pics are like 12 years old.
View attachment 268122
View attachment 268123

For those of you wondering what's on my shocks. Works better than boots, 1 roll can last you the whole year and you can buy multiple colors less than 1 set of boots. You guessed it, Vet Wrap. It's used on my air filters too, works excellent on dusty tracks!

https://vetwraps.com/collections/dogs
I hear ya. Respect @slick2500✌

Are we talking buggy or truggy? I'm not in a hurry to get the truggy, because I already have 9 6S 1/8 bashers and this isn't that much different than your usual Kraton/Sledge/Kronos truggy.

Buggy-wise, there's a good chance I get the nitro, but not much chance I get the electric.

Yes it is durable, over the past 3 years I have managed to slightly tweak the shock towers, break a wing mount, bent a few screws here and there and bent the front cvds. I did bend my chassis but I think was more to do with the hack job whoever did the e conversion did on the chassis, it actually cracked where they hacked it up. Arrma only wishes it's diffs were like the diffs in the Vorza, I've never stripped or broken anything in my diffs, I've stripped like half a dozen diffs, broken quite a few diff pins and broke a few outdrives in my Arrma rigs over the years. Diff maintenance is the same no matter what brand, they all need to be maintained on regular intervals. I posted side by side comparisons of the diffs somewhere in this thread if you want to look back

Thanks for all this info! Very helpful.
Am I correct that you are talking about the Vorza Flux (old model) since you mention you have the car for 3 years?

Thanks for all this info! Very helpful.
Am I correct that you are talking about the Vorza Flux (old model) since you mention you have the car for 3 years?

Short story long, I have an e converted Hot Bodies D8T. The Vorza line up is literally just a ready to run version of the Hot Bodies D8 series vehicles. HB Racing still makes the D8 although it has been updated over the years, I think the current buggy is the D819 and the truggy is the D8T Evo.

This is my Hot Bodies D8T, keep in mind that mine has some HB Racing, Kingheadz and Jet Racing upgrade parts on it. Most of the D8 series parts will bolt right on the Vorza.

1673143756171.jpeg

This is the HPI Vorza S Flux Truggy which is literally just a rtr electric version of the Hot Bodies D8T. The only real differences are the shock towers, the shocks(they are just different lenghts), the chassis, motor mount, servo mount, the rear center driveshaft, the gearboxes say HPI Racing instead of Hot Bodies and dog bones in the rear on the Vorza vs cvds in the D8T.

1673143569394.png

Hot Bodies D8T Ty Tessman Edition.

1673144135682.png

HPI Vorza Nitro Truggy.

1673144192855.png

This is the exploded view of the D8T https://hbracing.com/var/files/drive/hbracingblog/D8T/exploded_view.pdf
Exploded view of the Vorza Flux Truggy https://www.hpiracing.com/assets/documents/exploded_views/160181_006_vorza_truggy_flux_ev.pdf
HPI still uses a lot of the Hot Bodies part numbers.

Last edited:
That's a lot of good information, thanks man! Seems like the car hasn't changed to much fundamentally and I can pick whatever I like: te old Forza Flux or the new Forza S Buggy, parts are mostly interchangeable. Good news!

Since most of the parts are the same and I like the look of it more I just bought a used (old version) of the HPI Vorza. 🥳

I figured I can always build it into the S version quite easily if I wanted to. But the first upgrade will probably be the higher rear shock tower. Then figure out of my Kraton front shocks would work with that (115 mm) or buy the HPI 112 mm shocks.

I finally got mine all ready to go. I bought it as a roller so I paid about half the asking price I think. and that included the motor, servo and new TF50 radio so it was a deal I couldn’t pass up. I have to say the truck does feel well made. The colour of the aluminum parts is different and nice looking. I feel the tires and wheels are really nice and strong. The body looks better in person. The new radio is the best radio I’ve ever used or felt out of a box it’s very comfortable with a ton of range and many adjustments possible including endpoints, dual rate. I ran it on grass it handles very well no surprise it is a truggy. The front does droop a bit but not when it’s on power. I am planning to keep it for now! I don’t plan to bash this truck just rip around with it and some light jumps. One thing I noticed is HPI forgot to include the 7075 brace bars for the rear like many others have noted. I contacted them and they are sending them out. But I did notice the old Vorza buggy uses the same parts numbers so Jenny’s does have them as well. The braces around the diff last picture is what I’m referring to. They are plastic, but should be 7075 like the front of the truck has.
F88D6FF3-C86A-42C4-B498-F1F71831DA4C.jpeg
6707854E-6665-4299-AEF5-5188A2F4AD9F.jpeg
184741D0-CFC0-474C-B049-07B9E3B85AC0.jpeg
ADBA8E50-3D45-4116-B920-36F145E1D7E2.jpeg

I finally got mine all ready to go. I bought it as a roller so I paid about half the asking price I think. and that included the motor, servo and new TF50 radio so it was a deal I couldn’t pass up. I have to say the truck does feel well made. The colour of the aluminum parts is different and nice looking. I feel the tires and wheels are really nice and strong. The body looks better in person. The new radio is the best radio I’ve ever used or felt out of a box it’s very comfortable with a ton of range and many adjustments possible including endpoints, dual rate. I ran it on grass it handles very well no surprise it is a truggy. The front does droop a bit but not when it’s on power. I am planning to keep it for now! I don’t plan to bash this truck just rip around with it and some light jumps. One thing I noticed is HPI forgot to include the 7075 brace bars for the rear like many others have noted. I contacted them and they are sending them out. But I did notice the old Vorza buggy uses the same parts numbers so Jenny’s does have them as well. The braces around the diff last picture is what I’m referring to. They are plastic, but should be 7075 like the front of the truck has. View attachment 305674View attachment 305675View attachment 305676View attachment 305678

Yeah should look like the rear of this.

1686708164740.png

I finally got mine all ready to go. I bought it as a roller so I paid about half the asking price I think. and that included the motor, servo and new TF50 radio so it was a deal I couldn’t pass up. I have to say the truck does feel well made. The colour of the aluminum parts is different and nice looking. I feel the tires and wheels are really nice and strong. The body looks better in person. The new radio is the best radio I’ve ever used or felt out of a box it’s very comfortable with a ton of range and many adjustments possible including endpoints, dual rate. I ran it on grass it handles very well no surprise it is a truggy. The front does droop a bit but not when it’s on power. I am planning to keep it for now! I don’t plan to bash this truck just rip around with it and some light jumps. One thing I noticed is HPI forgot to include the 7075 brace bars for the rear like many others have noted. I contacted them and they are sending them out. But I did notice the old Vorza buggy uses the same parts numbers so Jenny’s does have them as well. The braces around the diff last picture is what I’m referring to. They are plastic, but should be 7075 like the front of the truck has. View attachment 305674View attachment 305675View attachment 305676View attachment 305678
Sweeet!! Congrats!! Hope it runs as good as it looks!! Keep us posted please!!😁🍻

Sweeet!! Congrats!! Hope it runs as good as it looks!! Keep us posted please!!😁🍻
I will give an update in a week or two once I get it out for some more runs and fun. It absolutely poured down rain here over night ⛈
Yeah should look like the rear of this.

View attachment 305717
Ya that’s it it’s missing those. They are on the way! I was surprised by the quick response from HPI

I will give an update in a week or two once I get it out for some more runs and fun. It absolutely poured down rain here over night ⛈

Ya that’s it it’s missing those. They are on the way! I was surprised by the quick response from HPI
HPI had good cs back in the day too. I had an Hpi Firestorm that had a bad spur gear wobble, they responded at the latest the very next day. They even shipped me out a spur gear and the transmission top shaft.

HPI had good cs back in the day too. I had an Hpi Firestorm that had a bad spur gear wobble, they responded at the latest the very next day. They even shipped me out a spur gear and the transmission top shaft.
That is good to hear. I put the ticket in and heard from them same day. They said the first batch of trucks were assembled incorrectly with the regular Vorza plastic pieces but are corrected now. So some trucks like mine have the plastic pieces. Oddly they put the 7075 on the front though. 😂

That is good to hear. I put the ticket in and heard from them same day. They said the first batch of trucks were assembled incorrectly with the regular Vorza plastic pieces but are corrected now. So some trucks like mine have the plastic pieces. Oddly they put the 7075 on the front though. 😂
Sounds like a "line" to me.. but, as long as they make it right, all good I suppose.

Back