Hurricane Strike Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guy, great news. I HAVE POWER!!
Was sitting on the porch with my Fire Captain neighbor across the street chit chatting because it's actually cooler outside in the shade with some air.

We're talking and I look up into his vaulted livingroom and see the light on the ceiling fan. So I say to him, how did you do that, he looked then looked back at me and said, WE HAVE POWER.

30 seconds later someone down the block yelled. WE GOT POWA. So our conversation abruptly ends and I head across the street to my home, but stop and head to my next door neighbor to tell them the news, they answer the door to tell me, yeah we know. Us 3 neighbors have bought 3 generators together and have been sharing gas and gas cans.

As Im walking to my home here comes 3 ot 4 of the big energy trucks rolling past us in tandem at about 15 mph job complete, all the neighbors outside look at them as they look at us and give them the thumbs up. I could see the pride in their faces as they smile back knowing they are appreciated.

So I go inside my home and the ac is already on pulling out the hot air as I begin to shut windows and doors and go out back to turn off that noisy butt generator. It didn't take long to feel that glorious ac on my skin and cool down the crib.

It's been a whole week living in the Mojave desert with cold showers, take 4 or 5 a day. There's been a severe heat advisory declared for southeast LA all week and still continues. These power workers are working I amaging 12 hours days in the heat and are really appreciated for what they do. Last I heard there were power companies from 35 states here.

It will be weeks, maby months before everything gets power in the hard hit areas like Grand Isle, Houma, Terrebonne Parish. Took the difference energy companies that supply here days to just evaluate the damage. There were something like 18,000 poles knocked out, countless transformers and spans of wire down. It was said the amount of power equipment damaged by Ida was more than 3 past hurricanes put together.
ATT Dropped the ball. NO preparations were made.
ATT sucks!!!
You can add Spektrum and Boost Mobile to the list. 🤬🤬
I could say it but no way I was gonna attempt that bayou born name lol
Or ge ron it's easy bro.

Last edited:
Hey glad u are ok and finally can charge some 100c lipos to get that stuff out of ur mind for a bit and come back to normal.God Bless you and yours seriously 🤝🙏from Massachusetts and the rc community

Was sitting on the porch with my Fire Captain neighbor across the street chit chatting because it's actually cooler outside in the shade with some air.

We're talking and I look up into his vaulted livingroom and see the light on the ceiling fan. So I say to him, how did you do that, he looked then looked back at me and said, WE HAVE POWER.

30 seconds later someone down the block yelled. WE GOT POWA. So our conversation abruptly ends and I head across the street to my home, but stop and head to my next door neighbor to tell them the news, they answer the door to tell me, yeah we know. Us 3 neighbors have bought 3 generators together and have been sharing gas and gas cans.

As Im walking to my home here comes 3 ot 4 of the big energy trucks rolling past us in tandem at about 15 mph job complete, all the neighbors outside look at them as they look at us and give them the thumbs up. I could see the pride in their faces as they smile back knowing they are appreciated.

So I go inside my home and the ac is already on pulling out the hot air as I begin to shut windows and doors and go out back to turn off that noisy butt generator. It didn't take long to feel that glorious ac on my skin and cool down the crib.

It's been a whole week living in the Mojave desert with cold showers, take 4 or 5 a day. There's been a severe heat advisory declared for southeast LA all week and still continues. These power workers are working I amaging 12 hours days in the heat and are really appreciated for what they do. Last I heard there were power companies from 35 states here.

It will be weeks, maby months before everything gets power in the hard hit areas like Grand Isle, Houma, Terrebonne Parish. Took the difference energy companies that supply here days to just evaluate the damage. There were something like 18,000 poles knocked out, countless transformers and spans of wire down. It was said the amount of power equipment damaged by Ida was more than 3 past hurricanes put together.

ATT sucks!!!
You can add Spektrum and Boost Mobile to the list. 🤬🤬

Or ge ron it's easy bro.
OREGONRON!!! 🤦😂

As I posted earlier, my brother was/is still down there restoring power with ComEd. He said he's got some real crazy pictures. If he sends them my way I'll post them in here if you don't mind.

As I posted earlier, my brother was/is still down there restoring power with ComEd. He said he's got some real crazy pictures. If he sends them my way I'll post them in here if you don't mind.
That's cool with me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back