Hurricane Strike Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrmadillo

Too Fast Too Tough For Roadkill
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Outcast 4s
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
Well guys here we go again. Getting hit by a projected Cat 4 today named Ida. Its midnight and I can't sleep probably because of stress and anticipation. What a crock on Saturday night

Totally beat from picking everything up and tying things down. Searched all day for generators with long lines everywhere we went. Anywhere from 40 to 75 people per line at Home Depot, Lowes, and Harbor Freight just for generators waiting to get delivered. Gas sold out most places too.

So ironic it's on the anniversary of hurricane Katrina in 2005. Lost my home and everything I ever worked for in my life. My home was under water for 17 days, 80 % of New Orleans flooded. 1833 people lost their life, over 130 billion in damage, highest sustained wind was recorded at 174 mph. 17 feet of water in some neighborhoods. A monster Cat 5 storm like never seen.

Ida is picking up strength as I write this in the hot Gulf waters, projected 130 mph at landfall, maby more. Going to dump up to 15+ inches of rain in some places because it will be a slow mover once it makes landfall. Storm surge 10 to 15 feet. This storm is no joke, news people say Catastrophic, one of the strongest to ever strike the Louisiana coast. Don't know why I still live here when it comes to hurricanes.

Rode out some major storms in my life and it's nothing nice. As a kid it scared the $hit out of me, but we deal with it. It's part of our culture. I just hope this storm in no de ju vu and we come out ok.

Everyone here is up tight because of what happened in 2005. We deal with this every year and it's getting worst. Last year we were in the cone 9 times. Global warming is no BS.

Not looking for sympathy guys, just letting a few of my friends that know me here what's up. Wish us luck because these storms can go downhill very fast.

I was there for Katrina about two weeks after it happened based at the command and control centre at Baton Rouge for a couple of weeks with FEMA. I was attached to the Geographical Information Systems team and we were making search maps for the multi agency search and rescue teams.

I hope they do a better job this time around and that the lessons identified from the last one have to been learned.

Thinking of you, stay safe.

Ok guys, got a couple hours sleep, was awaken by a pretty strong feeder band at 5:39 am. Just turned on tv and its bad. Winds now projected at 155 mph, that's right 155.

Stronger than Laura that hit South LA last year at 150 mph the strongest to ever hit this state. That city is still devastated at this time one year later. Federal Government has their feet up their ass.

Can't believe these numbers. My stupid neighbors left their hugh overloaded trash can out on the street. Just went out in the rain and dragged it on their porch for whatever thats worth, clueless dummies. They still have a barbecue pit in front on the lawn from yesterday evening, probably a projectile for my house, car, or jet ski.

I spent all day yesterday cleaning the storm drains and picking up in the neighborhood just for these renting idiots to leave their trash in the street to clog them up.

News now saying this storm will surpass Katrina in wind speed and become a strong Cat 5. Telling everyone who stayed to get in the center of their homes.

Things are still relatively calm now with mild to medium rain and mild winds but it's coming fast. Eye is still offshore but things going down hill soon.

These storms can intensify fast in the deep water Gulf which is hot for fuel. Ida has went thru the Loop Current which leads to the Gulf Stream past the Fla. Keys and up East Coast.

Major power outages will happen, power will be out for weeks in some areas. Glad me and 2 of my neighbors were able to get generators at Home Depot yesterday evening. We unboxed them, and assembled them, added oil and fuel and tested them all and ready to go when storm gets out of here late Monday.

I rode out many and it's scary to ride out Cat 4 and 5s. If you haven't ever road out a monster hurricane it's a eye opener. This isn't a couple hour thing, it's all day, sometimes 24 hours of hell listening to your home fall apart with howling winds that scare the hell out of you. Most people that experience a monster storm will never again.

Haven't read any of the comments yet, but thanks guys for the well wishes in advance. RC is the last thing on my mind now and too much stuff to pick up inside and put in the attic. Don't know how long I will be able to communicate because last hurricane here last year I lost all phone and internet. Will try to stay tuned time to time.
GET OUT IF U CAN!! They are saying its gonna be the worst since like mid 1800's. I was in houston when Katrina came in.....i never wanna see those kinds of things again😐. Ever. Be safe best u can.
Too late bro.
I was there for Katrina about two weeks after it happened based at the command and control centre at Baton Rouge for a couple of weeks with FEMA. I was attached to the Geographical Information Systems team and we were making search maps for the multi agency search and rescue teams.

I hope they do a better job this time around and that the lessons identified from the last one have to been learned.

Thinking of you, stay safe.
Federal Government is useless, left us stranded, no faith whatsoever.

Well guys here we go again. Getting hit by a projected Cat 4 today named Ida. Its midnight and I can't sleep probably because of stress and anticipation. What a crock on Saturday night

Totally beat from picking everything up and tying things down. Searched all day for generators with long lines everywhere we went. Anywhere from 40 to 75 people per line at Home Depot, Lowes, and Harbor Freight just for generators waiting to get delivered. Gas sold out most places too.

So ironic it's on the anniversary of hurricane Katrina in 2005. Lost my home and everything I ever worked for in my life. My home was under water for 17 days, 80 % of New Orleans flooded. 1833 people lost their life, over 130 billion in damage, highest sustained wind was recorded at 174 mph. 17 feet of water in some neighborhoods. A monster Cat 5 storm like never seen.

Ida is picking up strength as I write this in the hot Gulf waters, projected 130 mph at landfall, maby more. Going to dump up to 15+ inches of rain in some places because it will be a slow mover once it makes landfall. Storm surge 10 to 15 feet. This storm is no joke, news people say Catastrophic, one of the strongest to ever strike the Louisiana coast. Don't know why I still live here when it comes to hurricanes.

Rode out some major storms in my life and it's nothing nice. As a kid it scared the $hit out of me, but we deal with it. It's part of our culture. I just hope this storm in no de ju vu and we come out ok.

Everyone here is up tight because of what happened in 2005. We deal with this every year and it's getting worst. Last year we were in the cone 9 times. Global warming is no BS.

Not looking for sympathy guys, just letting a few of my friends that know me here what's up. Wish us luck because these storms can go downhill very fast.
Hope everything is ok! Question, why haven't you been prepping and purchased a generator/generators in the off seasons over the years and fuel tanks over the years yet? Not bragging but I live in the MW, own 3 generators.

My brother works for the power company in Chicago metro. He will be on his way down there with a 27 truck convoy to help with the power after the water goes down from this region alone. I'm sure you will have other power companies helping too.

I follow hurricanes, tornados and earthquakes, I think mother nature is fascinating in an evil way sometimes. Last year was a fluke. 3 hurricanes hit LA. 1 in 2019, 1 in 2017. 1 in 2012, 1 in 2008 ETC.. To top it off in 2020, pollution world wide was at a record low because of factories being closed due to covid. Going back 70 years since they started naming hurricanes there has been a total of 27 that's hit LA (direct landfall). That's an average of 1 every 2 and 1/2 years. In the USA on any graphed decade, US landfall today is normal to below normal going back all the way to the 1850's. I don't think "global warming" has anything to do with it..

Either way, stay safe!

Hopefully everything works out. Be safe

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back