Hurricane Strike Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are all watching and praying 🙏
Thank you!
Ok guys, caught up with notifications, need to conserve phone power, let u know of any big changes if any. In the meantime thinking about getting a speed run in, should be great with a tail wind, right?

Last edited:
Art Digital Love GIF by systaime

Hey I'm glad u still posting hope for the best for u and family,just believe in God and nothing can beat that great awesome guy.God bless my Rc friend.keep us posted

Ok guys after we lost power, no phone, phone internet, or Spektrum home internet or wifi, Had to wait till Tuesday for everything to get out of here to hook up generator and get tv. My phone just started to work this morning hence this post.

Made out ok compared to others, some roof shingle, fence, and tree damage. There was no gas anywhere, if you happened to find a station with generator power there was long lines with 3 hour wait, every day a few go online. My neighbor and I had to drive to Mississippi to get fuel yesterday and it was a one and half hour wait there because Louisianans can't find fuel home.

There was no food stores open, a few now and more everyday when they get generators. Some ppl don't have water still, I do but you have to boil it to drink or make cubes. Looters breaking in places and need National Guard and State Police. With total black out in the city someone shot a cop in the head while he was off duty driving on interstate, he's ok now. This happens here anyway because we have animals. Curfew in effect.

Most people don't have home generators and it's misersble, 95° with heat index 105+, the humidity is horrendous. I don't have ac only fan and stay soaked all day. Finally caught up with debris pickup and my body is beat, doing pain pills, my hands are swollen and hard to even screw the fuel cap on generator or unplug extension cords. Have arthritis and all this pre prep, picking up, getting on roof, getting 3 generators, putting them together, hauling 5 gallon cans of fuel has put the pain on me. I'm 66 so cut some slack.

A guy near my neighborhood was out with his wife on a flooded road near home and she suddenly heard screaming and commotion, she looked back and a large alligator had her hubby by the arm, she tried to help by pulling him and his arm was severed. She got him up on steps at the house and ran for help, no phone service or 911, when she got back he was gone. Sheriff department searched for 7 hours, no dude no gator.

I never got around to take any pics because no phone but got a couple. My neighbors backyard where a pine caved in the roof.

I hope we get power soon because it's bad, have to leave doors and windows and garage door open to get airflow, but it's just hot air. Have extension cords running all over the place and tired of connecting, disconnecting, and tripping over them. Hope this doesn't last for weeks, going through 10+ gallons of gas per day and it's a hassel to get and expensive.

I was very lucky guys this time damage wise and thank the Lord, many are not.

Last edited:
Nice to see that you weathered another Hurricane in tact. (what, too soon? :ROFLMAO: ) Glad to hear you are alright, some discomfort is waaaay better than your previous experience with Katrina. Hope you get your power on soon, so you can get back to normal. (y)

Wow, glad you’re ok. Here in Se pa it’s said to be the worst flooding since Agnis in ‘72. I had a friend loose everything and fled by night on foot with 2 cats, 3 dogs and like 8 parrots. He left work last night and barely got home in time to get his animals together. By the time he did his cars were under water. Hes in a shelter.
Crazy storm for sure, hope you and everyone else down your way get back to normal. Terrible story with that gator. Man, be Careful!

Seriously thinking about a DIY power wall and portable solar panels, just for those days.
Generators kill a lot of people (CO2) and it would have to be close to the house. Finding gas is always an issue, even leading up to a storm. Main use would be refrigerator, rest is a luxury.

Seriously thinking about a DIY power wall and portable solar panels, just for those days.
Generators kill a lot of people (CO2) and it would have to be close to the house. Finding gas is always an issue, even leading up to a storm. Main use would be refrigerator, rest is a luxury.
How about educating stupid people that exhaust needs to be ventilated. Wait a minute, silly me.. what the heck am I thinking :rolleyes:... More people get hurt back feeding homes without throwing the breaker like idiots during power outages. Including the guys on the ground trying to fix the power..

Update, can't get on the internet, takes me a hour to boot up when I'm able then crashes when I try to post. Have Boost Mobile and it's the worst ever, last year hurricane Zeta was the same with them. Will dump them after all this is over. Cell towers are down and everything is on roam.

Still no power, hot, frustrated, pissed. Fuel still a big problem, fist fights in line. People breaking lines, guy was shot and killed today for breaking line, imagine waiting in a 3hour line just to have to leave because of a crime scene. We go across state line to get fuel. Some stations have 30 dollar limit, I burn that in a day in generator.

Over 180 ppl arrested for looting. Think about 200 people with co2 poisoning, one family of 11 with 7 kids. Ppl burning down their homes with generator stupidity.

President flew into today to see for himself, maby get things rolling. Haven't read notifications since last post, hoping not to crash before I type this. People are hurting in hard hit areas around landfall, 148 to 150 mph winds, 5th strongest storms hit Louisiana. Will end for now, will keep posting when I can.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back