Infraction I need your help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
I want to buy an arrma all road car, but I don't know which one to get. I just plan on doing some street bashing and don't have any plans on speedrunning. I really like the felony's looks. I don't want to spend $1k+ on a limitless with some nice electronics. I have heard the infraction is the best for handling. HH has a felony for $500 right now and my LHS has one for $500 also (Out of box, but never run and with all the parts). The infraction is $650. I am planning on putting a bittydesign JOTA body and GRP tires on the car. What parts would I NEED to swap to make the felony handle like an infraction? I know some of the parts are slightly different, but would they need to be replaced? Is the handbrake worth adding to the felony and would it fit? Could I run the felony body on the felony with the infraction wheels?

Since the tire size is different front and rear the gearing in the rear diff is different than the front diff. So you would need to change either diff to the same gear ratio. I've read before that you can swap the diff pinion gears from front to back because mathematically it gives the same ratio after but I don't have a Felony so I can't verify if they fit properly.

If your planning on swapping body's then definitely go for it. Still the tires and body and worst case you just buy new gears for the rear.

The hand brake would fit. Some people like it but to me it was just to gimmicky and I preferred to use throttle to kick out the back end.

You can use the body but it will look a bit weird because the tires are smaller and will sit in farther because they are skinnier.

Last edited:
Short answer is no you can’t run equal sized tires unless you make the front and rear the same ratio.

Some have mentioned swapped the front and rear diffs while leaving the input pinion and mathematically that works. I just ended swapping in a set of GP5 crown and input pinion on mine and putting Kraton rear hubs on to fill out the rear wheel well.

You could also just put in a set of takeoff electronics in a limitless and a 46T center diff and have a decent street basher that won’t break the bank.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...n-so-i-can-run-42-100-hoons-all-around.27999/

I want to buy an arrma all road car, but I don't know which one to get. I just plan on doing some street bashing and don't have any plans on speedrunning. I really like the felony's looks. I don't want to spend $1k+ on a limitless with some nice electronics. I have heard the infraction is the best for handling. HH has a felony for $500 right now and my LHS has one for $500 also (Out of box, but never run and with all the parts). The infraction is $650. I am planning on putting a bittydesign JOTA body and GRP tires on the car. What parts would I NEED to swap to make the felony handle like an infraction? I know some of the parts are slightly different, but would they need to be replaced? Is the handbrake worth adding to the felony and would it fit? Could I run the felony body on the felony with the infraction wheels?
I think you would be spending all that money saved on the Fel. to upgrade it to Infr specs. You already have plans to buy a GT body. That will cost $$ right there. Most are just focused on that supposedly Nice looking but fragile multpiece Fel body. To me, the Fel is not all that. One would have to think why they are blowing them out the door. It's a slow seller?:unsure: And for a reason. I personally always felt the Felony Body to be FUGLY. Looks like 3 different bodies were pasted together. The lines look silly. Like its a child's toy body. Proportions look silly. You rarely see anyone speed running successfully with a Fel body. Not that you plan on it, like you stated.
Hunt down a coupon or savings on the Infr instead.
But honestly, the Lim V2 will always be the best deal in the end. Just use a RC6GS or cheaper RC4GS radio ( longest range radio) in it with RTR electrics, and a DS3235 AMZ $33 servo, all easily found for cheap for your purposes. Then get a GT lid if you want. There are many more choices of GT bodies for the Lim and Infr.
Felony in stock trim, not so. Due to the wide rear wheels' track width.
Just me

Edited.

Last edited:
I'm personally biased towards the Infraction, but that's just me. If you're planning on putting GRPs on the car, you would need to add hub extensions at the rear so that the wheels fill the wells of the JOTA body correctly. @Moirae runs 13mm extensions on his and it looks dope. If you got the Felony, you'd need to replace the rear diff input & ring gears with GP5 gears ($17 and $23 respectively). If you wanted to add the handbrake module you're looking at another $40. Add a servo, that's another $20. So you're already getting close to the price of the Infraction. Just a thought. Personally, I think the handbrake is fun, but there's mixed feelings about it here on the forum.
I think you would be spending all that money saved on the Fel. to upgrade it to Infr specs. You already have plans to buy a GT body. That will cost $$ right there. Most are just focused on that supposedly Nice looking but fragile multpiece Fel body. To me, the Fel is not all that. One would have to think why they are blowing them out the door. It's a slow seller?:cool: And for a reason.
Hunt down a coupon or savings on the Infr instead.
But honestly, the Lim V2 will always be the best deal in the end. Just use a RC6GS or cheaper RC4GS radio ( longest range radio) in it with RTR electrics, and a DS3235 AMZ $33 servo, all easily found for cheap for your purposes.
Just me
+1

I would have said to buy limitless and change it but the v2 limitless makes that a lot more annoying to do since you will be stuck with a spool. I guess you could always build it from jrc with infraction or felony chassis and motor mount.

I actually just looked it all up and you can basically build an infraction from jrc minus the body and electronics/tires for about 460$ Add some cheap choons and a jota body + hub extenders = about +160$ for a total of about 620$ Still need electronics but hey maybe you have some spares sitting around or something. Tbh I wouldn't dare to put a spektrum esc into any of those road cars anyway.

Still need electronics
I was thinking of picking some up with a black Friday or cyber Monday deal.
I would have said to buy limitless and change it but the v2 limitless makes that a lot more annoying to do since you will be stuck with a spool. I guess you could always build it from jrc with infraction or felony chassis and motor mount.
Would the V1 driveshafts with a regular diff work? What about any other arrma driveshaft or aftermarket parts? I was thinking about locking up the center diff, but I would like options.
You already have plans to buy a GT body. That will cost $$ right there.
I would add the JOTA body (and GRPs) with all of my options, so that all is a wash.

Last edited:
I was thinking of picking some up with a black Friday or cyber Monday deal.

Would the V1 driveshafts with a regular diff work? What about any other arrma driveshaft or aftermarket parts? I was thinking about locking up the center diff, but I would like options.

I would add the JOTA body (and GRPs) with all of my options, so that all is a wash.
you can use infrac/felony driveshaft with matching chassis. The v2 limitless chassis locks you into the v2 driveshaft and spool

you can use infrac/felony driveshaft with matching chassis. The v2 limitless chassis locks you into the v2 driveshaft and spool
Is the v2 chassis bigger?
Also isn't the v2 limitless wider in the back? What parts would I need to make it fit with the JOTA body? I can post links of needed.

Last edited:
Is the v2 chassis bigger?
Also isn't the v2 limitless wider in the back? What parts would I need to make it fit with the JOTA body? I can post links of needed.
v2 chassis is the same, the layout is different though. v2 limitless has smaller battery trays and motor mount goes in slightly different position because of it and the XLX2 support.

I turned a v1 limitless into a jota and I used +13mm GPM extensions.
20220924_173515.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193461423100

I'm not a FB person, hate FB but looked for you :) . Here are some links below from a quick search for $500 range Infraction if you are going to spend money to upgrade or change out.

I had a Felony and sold it. Still have the Infraction so I am more slanted toward the Infraction.The look of the Felony I liked, but the gearing left me disappointed.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/642818707215408/

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/467344061863786/

I'm not a FB person, hate FB but looked for you :) . Here are some links below from a quick search for $500 range Infraction if you are going to spend money to upgrade or change out.

I had a Felony and sold it. Still have the Infraction so I am more slanted toward the Infraction.The look of the Felony I liked, but the gearing left me disappointed.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/642818707215408/

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/467344061863786/
I don't have fakebook, but I know people who do that would be willing to get me in contact with the seller. That $500 one is pretty tempting. I live within a day round trip and it looked nice.

Could I use gp6 gears on both diffs instead of gp5? What is the difference?
You can use GP6 in both just as well. The difference will be in the final drive ratio. GP5 and GP6 have a 2.8:1 and 3.21:1 gear ratio respectively. The GP5 are better suited to speed running as you only need 2.8 rotations at the input for one full rotation at the output whereas the GP6 require 3.21 rotations to achieve the same thing. This has the effect of requiring less rotations of the center drive train to achieve any given speed when compared to GP6 diffs. I hope that makes sense.

Since you said you have no plans of every speed running and want to run the Jota Lambo body I don't see an issue with running the Felony.
You could get an Infraction and swap over the Power hobby tires. In the long run, an Infraction will be more versatile in case you want to try other things later....

Thanksgiving is coming so wait for a limitless V2 deal or an infraction deal. You will want the limitless V2 very soon as you will change your mind to go with a big can motors as you bash your stock motors on infraction or felony and they get really hot haha.

If you for sure don’t want to spend more than $500 then wait for infraction deal! But I believe you will spend more than what you are thinking rn cause rc hobby is fun and exciting for everyone in here except for the money-making people!

Yeah get the Lim V2 at some discount. It has been revised incredibly. In all the right areas.
Then get a Center diff/ driveshafts to swap out the spool for just hooning around. I bet you will want to Speed Run it at some point. Once you start eating tires like mad from just Hooning around. I almost guarantee it. Tires last much longer when straight line speed running. It is addictive trust me.
Just buy the center Diff from JennysRC and and the matching driveshaft set. MAybe it can be done easily enough.Then the rig will be versatile and the cheapest way to do this, IMHO.
:cool:

Last edited:
Yeah get the Lim V2 at some discount. It has been revised incredibly. In all the right areas.
Then get a Center diff/ driveshafts to swap out the spool for just hooning around. I bet you will want to Speed Run it at some point. Once you start eating tires like mad form just Hooning around. I almost guarantee it. Tires last much longer when straight line speed running. It is addictive trust me.
Just buy the center Diff from JennysRC and and the matching driveshaft set. Then the rig will be versatile and the cheapest way to do this, IMHO.
:cool:
You both say different things. Which one of you is right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back