Impulse buy !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks just like my 50 GMC that was my first vehicle. Oil bath air filter, toilet paper oil filter, enclosed drive shaft, vacuum wipers. Those were the days! Sold it to a Rodeo Star to haul hay on his ranch. Name was Dutton or something like that:rolleyes::LOL:
That history behind such a truck would be cool to know for sure

Yaaaaawn…..
I’ve looked around a little bit at the different chassis swap kits using S10 chassis….
The first one that pops up for me is the code 504
I’m sure it’s a decent product but for some reason nothing stands out at least to me on the 504 kit .
However this AD-S10 kit by Henry Panza looks a lil better to me .??
https://www.coffeeandcustoms.com/ad-s10-kit--fab-parts.html
More options
I think
Less expensive,
Idk just like it better .

It’s kind of a big day as my boys don’t know dad has the truck at the shop .
The oldest is gonna be Damn excited..
😂😀
But then dad has to go thru all the usual disclaimers with boys ….
You know …. Safety stuff …
We have rust, sharp metal , broken glass (passenger window) ..
truck is already on stands , again ,,,, gotta be safe .
Not trying to be a sissy but with 3 lil Burgandys it can get somewhat, well, somewhat, uhg ish…. Lol
Not to mention there’s other work to be done besides truck stuff .

We have rust, sharp metal , broken glass (passenger window) ..
truck is already on stands , again ,,,, gotta be safe .
Not trying to be a sissy but with 3 lil Burgandys it can get somewhat, well, somewhat, uhg ish…. Lol
Not to mention there’s other work to be done besides truck stuff .

Teach them "Wax On ,Wax Off" method.. with a sanding block.
Remind them to switch hands to work Both arms.

I wanna see more of that Bronco!! 😍
Here you go....

20230321_103116.jpg

20230321_103131.jpg

20230321_103223.jpg

What a day !!!
Boys dove rite in !
I’m super proud of them !
After we finally got passenger door open !!!uhg
They started cleaning the inside cab which had years off ….. probably coon mouse and other critter poop filled to top of seat bottom .
Found an old hay hook , and the front CHEVROLET emblem under all the poo
The front emblem is in incredibly great condition. Not a ding in it whatsoever!
Crazy !!!
There is ZERO rust in the floor pan .
I was amazed!

9275D682-961F-4CB1-86FE-3D38B317B9B9.jpeg
E20EBD80-3A46-4CEE-96E0-5A3C94671C39.jpeg
27E3DD32-0CC6-47AC-830B-1FFEA6FE322B.jpeg

C7BBA48F-0B3D-4FC6-8E9F-C6BC995C5FAA.jpeg

Before cleaning

What a day !!!
Boys dove rite in !
I’m super proud of them !
After we finally got passenger door open !!!uhg
They started cleaning the inside cab which had years off ….. probably coon mouse and other critter poop filled to top of seat bottom .
Found an old hay hook , and the front CHEVROLET emblem under all the poo
The front emblem is in incredibly great condition. Not a ding in it whatsoever!
Crazy !!!
There is ZERO rust in the floor pan .
I was amazed!

View attachment 287162View attachment 287166View attachment 287169
View attachment 287172
Before cleaning

You got some Great helpers there!!!

That truck will be restored in no time 💪👊

Was that bailin' hook in there too!?!
Yes …..
Behind the seat
Could I trouble you to take some clear photos of the emblem (with a ruler for width & height) ,over a clean white background.
In case there's ever a need to reproduce it..
Fuggin A
I’ll do my bestest !!!!

I'm lucky enough to get to work on old stuff alot at the shop, I will never be able to get over the fact that at one point in automotive history, it was an acceptable engineering design to put the gas tank inside the cab of a truck lol... I know things have changed drastically but it still always makes me laugh.. looks like you've got yourself a hell of a service team there, those boys are gonna learn some invaluable lessons from that project! Hats off to you sir for bringing up some real men, keep up the good work!👍

I'm lucky enough to get to work on old stuff alot at the shop, I will never be able to get over the fact that at one point in automotive history, it was an acceptable engineering design to put the gas tank inside the cab of a truck lol... I know things have changed drastically but it still always makes me laugh.. looks like you've got yourself a hell of a service team there, those boys are gonna learn some invaluable lessons from that project! Hats off to you sir for bringing up some real men, keep up the good work!👍l
Lol
Yes
I’m beat but was gonna ask about your shop .
You in restoration business??

Short story
In my youth I worked at a restoration shop in Rolla MO area
In fact I worked off and on there from my teens to my 30s
We specialized in 57 58 59 Ford Retractables and the small T birds .
LOTS of retracts !!!!!
90 % were frame off trailered concourse show cars .
I spent sofa king many hrs with my face on a bead blaster .
I’ve restored lots of cars with this guy.
From 70 SS 454 chevelle
428 stangs
Crown Vic’s
GTO judge
63 1/2 galaxie 500s
Challenges
Corvettes
The list goes on
And on
And on ……..
And on ……..

We actually do alot of different stuff...
General repair, mild restorations, custom exhaust, the list goes on... we have a dyno room with a chassis dyno so we have the ability to test and tune, and the front of the facility is a parts store so we're kind of a one-stop-shop... we have a pretty good inventory of high performance stuff, we stock every flavor of VP fuel available, we have a NOS filling station, and we also deal with marine and atv/utv parts and service...My boss (owner) has been heavily involved with sand drag racing for probably the last 25 years, so he loves anything hotrod oriented, and the same with me. I actually just finished redoing the entire brake system and fuel system on a '75 Lincoln Continental today that's been sitting for years, such a cool car, and it's in really great shape for its age... I spent the previous 4 years working at a Chrysler dealer and just couldn't take it anymore, monotonous work and zero appreciation from a bunch of over-paid dumba$$ managers who couldn't fix a soup sandwich, yet think they can tell me how I can do a better job for them...🖕 anyways, I've known my boss for close to 20 years, I stopped in 1 night just to shoot the 💩, next thing I know, he offered me a job and here we are...
This was in a month or so ago, nasty Challenger, put down 1047 at the tire, BIG $$!

Attachments

• 20230117_110803.jpg
    20230117_110803.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230117_110742.jpg
    20230117_110742.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Even found this rock
That is either a heavily banded chert or agate. I think it’s an agate, need to see it wet though. If it’s translucent and you can see into it it is definitely an agate. It’s a very good rock! Perfect tumbler size. Something the kid and I would pick up immediately. That is a really cool truck man! I particularly love the serial killer hook that you found in it 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back