Infraction Infraction 12s build time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the esc mounted and soldered up!! Got these sweet orange battery straps as well. Getting really excited over here 😁😁😁. Time to get the receiver box mounted up!
BC6174CC-F5ED-430E-8FB9-F3B99BCAFE1A.jpeg
AE0C2A51-C613-4EE8-96CC-ABD71934100A.jpeg
88BA3226-E709-4F2D-A5C3-278A2C5F7D5B.jpeg

Gorgeous build, man. That thing is going to be an animal. Can’t wait to see how that Max 4 does!
Thank you very much 😁 I agree, I can't wait to see how it does

Just weighed it and it's sitting at 19.5 pounds. Hefty boy

Thank you very much 😁 I agree, I can't wait to see how it does

Just weighed it and it's sitting at 19.5 pounds. Hefty boy
There’s a school of thought that the weight doesn’t really hurt and can in fact help with stability in a speed runner. I don’t think your rig will be too underpowered to handle it? 😊

There’s a school of thought that the weight doesn’t really hurt and can in fact help with stability in a speed runner. I don’t think your rig will be too underpowered to handle it? 😊
It might be too underpowered.......might need to bump it to 16s what do you think?

It might be too underpowered.......might need to bump it to 16s what do you think?
I think if you add any more power you’ll need an Experimental FAA certification and a tail number.

On paper and not using the puny Zeee packs that are currently in the picture
12S = 12*4.2V = 50.4V
ESC = 300A max
Power = 50*300 = 15000W = 15kW ~ 20hp

Realistic 'good' Lipo will be in the 3.8V range and 300A max ~ 13.5kW

With Zeee packs, my guess would be in the 5-7kW range, as they are anemic at best.
Most likely, they will throttle the current to about 150A max and be at 3.5V/cell when they do. All that for about 10s and then throw in the towel.

Please get realistic with your Lipos. Would be a shame on this build if you stay with bottom of the barrel Lipos. Always ok for initial trials, but they will burn out quickly.

Last edited:
On paper and not using the puny Zeee packs that are currently in the picture
12S = 12*4.2V = 50.4V
ESC = 300A max
Power = 50*300 = 15000W = 15kW ~ 20hp

Realistic 'good' Lipo will be in the 3.8V range and 300A max ~ 13.5kW

With Zeee packs, my guess would be in the 5-7kW range, as they are anemic at best.
Most likely, they will throttle the current to about 150A max and be at 3.5V/cell when they do. All that for about 10s and then throw in the towel.

Please get realistic with your Lipos. Would be a shame on this build if you stay with bottom of the barrel Lipos. Always ok for initial trials, but they will burn out quickly.
Damn my puny zee's really tickled your pickle didn't they? First of all this build isn't for maximum speed, so my zee's for the most part do what I need. That being said they are used in my bashers and what not so it was the easiest thing to use before sinking a ton more money into lipos. I do plan on getting realistic and getting better and bigger ones.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back