Infraction Infraction 12s build time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
I have wanted to build a 12s car and my brother had an infraction that he wanted to get rid of so I bought it for $200 and told him I would fix his other trucks since he hates wrenching on them and he took it! I already sold the electronics to @cpark_12 for $120 and sold the body to a local friend for $40 so I'm this build so far for $40 lol.

Today I started ordering some stuff for it. Perfect pass battery trays and speed run springs were the first thing. Then I was deciding what body to run and remembered the bitty viper body so that's on order as well, such a sexy body I can't wait to get it. Going to really try to spend a lot of time on paint but I have no idea what scheme yet. Also ordered the PPS motor mount of course. I'm dreading the big ticket item being the combo.......but it'll happen at some point. Going to try to sell some stuff first before I do.

Really looking forward to getting this thing pieced together 😁😈

I have wanted to build a 12s car and my brother had an infraction that he wanted to get rid of so I bought it for $200 and told him I would fix his other trucks since he hates wrenching on them and he took it! I already sold the electronics to @cpark_12 for $120 and sold the body to a local friend for $40 so I'm this build so far for $40 lol.

Today I started ordering some stuff for it. Perfect pass battery trays and speed run springs were the first thing. Then I was deciding what body to run and remembered the bitty viper body so that's on order as well, such a sexy body I can't wait to get it. Going to really try to spend a lot of time on paint but I have no idea what scheme yet. Also ordered the PPS motor mount of course. I'm dreading the big ticket item being the combo.......but it'll happen at some point. Going to try to sell some stuff first before I do.

Really looking forward to getting this thing pieced together 😁😈
Some sort of hot sauce themed body would be sweet!!

Sounds like a solid build, max4 or dual motor?

Instant Sub'd
This one might not be so custom unfortunately! But obviously still going to be epic 🔥
Some sort of hot sauce themed body would be sweet!!

Sounds like a solid build, max4 or dual motor?
hmmmmm that would be a tough one, like hot sauce flowing down the hood lol. It's going to be the max 4 combo, I want that huge setup.
I've fit 3 large 4s packs in swb typhon gt.could you imagine a 325mm 12s typhon gt...I've also fit tp5670. 56×102mm a tp5670-1010kv could easily fit,max4 on upper deck an fit it all under fc100 body..would be insane
That would be nuts!! I can't imagine that. Lots of power in a small package lol. The max 4 is absolutely gigantic. I have seen it and the motor a couple times at LHS and it's just gnarly. Can't wait to get my hands on it

Here's the truck as it sits at the moment. Nothing special yet but it's on the way!! I must say though the infraction is a beautiful truck. They did really well designing this thing. I considered running this body but the dang viper is so cool looking and plus I always love seeing the real versions of vipers that are twin turbo with stupid amounts of horsepower so it seemed fitting
A28921E0-6EEB-466A-B737-DBB051D0783C.jpeg
4FDEC277-74EC-4FEF-8BA7-2A6BDAA08580.jpeg

That brown camo Infraction body is such a beautiful body😍.
That or the ZD Racing EX07 body, it’s…
gene hackman flip a coin GIF
It is a really nice body, it's so clean looking but I had to change it up!!
Love it man, this should be fun!! Clarkson TF outta that thing but don't drive like Hammond. Can't wait to see this thing gobble up tires and tarmac (y)
Lolol yes that's the plan!! Just wanted an absolute MONSTER and drive it like a madman. I can't wait, tires will be gobbled no doubt.....
1681049163808.gif

:ROFLMAO:

12s will be insane. Have you got your eye on a specific motor or still considering your options?
I know man.....when I first built a 8s truck after having 6s it was like hooolllyyy crap so much more power, so now jumping to 12? Im so excited. It's going to be the max 4 combo so it'll be the 70125 motor with the max 4 esc

Made the painful purchase today! But OOOO BOY I'm excited!!!!

2 scorched diff lockers and a scorched pinnochio spool which also comes with the scorched shafts and scorched T2T brace As well as the max 4 combo 😁😁😁

I am not building this car for speed runs but It will be setup for over 100. Just not sure how much over 100 yet lol I'm curious how the gearing will go with that low kv but of course 12s. I can't wait. Should be an absolute nut case which is what I am looking for!

1681152226488.gif

Made the painful purchase today! But OOOO BOY I'm excited!!!!

2 scorched diff lockers and a scorched pinnochio spool which also comes with the scorched shafts and scorched T2T brace As well as the max 4 combo 😁😁😁

I am not building this car for speed runs but It will be setup for over 100. Just not sure how much over 100 yet lol I'm curious how the gearing will go with that low kv but of course 12s. I can't wait. Should be an absolute nut case which is what I am looking for!

View attachment 291816
Got it off Hobbywings website with the code, right?

Besides the shiny new shell, that gets blow on the first crash 😇 , what electronics are you eyeballing?

12S isn't more power, always that big misconception.
You have to match motor with ESC or you will just have a smoldering pile.
The target RPM will always be in the 40-60k range unless you have a special motor, that would be a ~ 800kV motor.

Besides the shiny new shell, that gets blow on the first crash 😇 , what electronics are you eyeballing?

12S isn't more power, always that big misconception.
You have to match motor with ESC or you will just have a smoldering pile.
The target RPM will always be in the 40-60k range unless you have a special motor, that would be a ~ 800kV motor.
Already stated its the max 4 combo, so yes it is nice and matched (y)
Got it off Hobbywings website with the code, right?
I did buy from their site, but I did not see a code lol was I blind?! what is the deal?

View attachment 291816

Be honest.
You going for the Smoke...
Dodge Burnout GIF by MotorTrend

happy las vegas GIF by NASCAR

NERDTHENEWCOOL

It’s been a valid 15% off code for quite a while now. At least six months.
Well......didn't see that one. Let's see what I can do about that. Thank you 🤦‍♂️
But I did get my perfect pass springs. They are sweet!
F0CBB168-8280-45B4-A171-A667B3A877EB.jpeg

This is going to be goooood 😎 👍
I agree!!! I need to do some deep cleaning and replace some rusty screws on this thing but got the springs and the perfect pass battery trays on. Getting excited 😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back