Infraction Infraction 12s build time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Viper body got delivered and MAN it is gorgeous :love: I got it all cut out last night, started to figure out exactly where to put the body mounting holes and what not. I can't wait to get it fully fitted. It also is meant for the felony so I need to get kraton hubs for the rear and also need to extend the front a little bit to make the wheel fitment exactly where I want it, some JBI or M2C extenders should do the trick

Got my Scorched delivery!
1681598403522.gif

Got front and rear diff lockers along with the Pinocchio spool ready to go in. Also got the center brace bar which looks awesome. I'll be making a carbon splitter to fit the viper body at some point because this one is no where near long enough. I love these lockers so much they look so nice

0E27CFE4-78CB-4E78-B52D-6E3EC7DEA813.jpeg

Body painted!! Came out gorgeous I'm super pumped to get this thing on it's wheels. The Max4 should come tomorrow and then need an order from amain and m2c to come so I can put it all together
F1C221BC-56D0-42D8-A9B7-548F44885D8F.jpeg
251DE04E-211B-4EFA-8474-85245D87F5CB.jpeg
A8E65C7E-D72E-4AEB-91A0-847D1357A9DC.jpeg

WOAH! That is one heck of an outstanding paint job.
Thank you thank you! Can't wait to get the white Grp's on it to really top it off, and a front splitter. Decided to try GRP slicks on this build since I have never tried them before

Be honest.
You going for the Smoke...
Dodge Burnout GIF by MotorTrend

happy las vegas GIF by NASCAR

You caught me!!! I hate Hoon tires so much I am building this car SPECIFICALLY to burn down as many as I possibly can šŸ¤£
Driving Hell Yeah GIF by Pit Viper
Put some oil/WD40 on the tires when doing burn outs. Will give you nice spinning tires with smokešŸ˜Ž.
We would like to see a vidšŸ˜‰.
That Viper looks sickšŸ‘. V10 baby, ehh I mean Max4 baby!

Put some oil/WD40 on the tires when doing burn outs. Will give you nice spinning tires with smokešŸ˜Ž.
We would like to see a vidšŸ˜‰.
That Viper looks sickšŸ‘. V10 baby, ehh I mean Max4 baby!
Oooooo that's a good idea I have never done that lol. I'll get some videos for sure!! Some full on tire annihilation šŸ˜ˆ
Thank you thank you, this has become by favorite body I think. And it's thick too which is great

Max 4 Combo out for delivery whoop! Cant wait to get that behemoth combo in my hands. Then I have a good amount of stuff showing up tomorrow which will allow my to get all the tires mounted. Kraton rear hubs and stubs, Grp Slicks, M2C +5mm hexes, battery straps, and some wheel nuts.

I was trying to make this build as plug and play as possible but the body does stick out a little more than I would like on the sides so I cut some aluminum angle last night to the length of the side skirts and plan on running some dual lock on the body and the aluminum so it can stick to it. Easy modification, just need to get it right

Wow, this motor is an absolute BEAST. ESC is as well but damn this motor is quite the sight to see. I'm extremely excited. And the viper cockpit sits right over the mounting area for both esc and motor so you see them so well through the windows.

I had to raise the motor mount a few mm to get the motor clear from the chassis. I cut out a 4mm piece from carbon to fit under the mount and it worked perfectly. The gearing was the next issue, I had 48/34 on there but the motor was hitting the center shaft so I already had a 56 tooth as well so now it's 56/34. I have never used gear calculators so I'm just kinda estimating lol.

The motor next to it is a 56113 motor just so guys can understand the size of this thing

afa78ab5-10a3-4857-ab8f-4db1927eeee2-jpeg.293984
204218F3-D080-4D10-A25E-6562D6FD996E.jpeg
52BA0A63-1344-434A-9E66-B223E9C111C7.jpeg

AFA78AB5-10A3-4857-AB8F-4DB1927EEEE2.jpeg

Wow, this motor is an absolute BEAST. ESC is as well but damn this motor is quite the sight to see. I'm extremely excited. And the viper cockpit sits right over the mounting area for both esc and motor so you see them so well through the windows.

I had to raise the motor mount a few mm to get the motor clear from the chassis. I cut out a 4mm piece from carbon to fit under the mount and it worked perfectly. The gearing was the next issue, I had 48/34 on there but the motor was hitting the center shaft so I already had a 56 tooth as well so now it's 56/34. I have never used gear calculators so I'm just kinda estimating lol.

The motor next to it is a 56113 motor just so guys can understand the size of this thing

afa78ab5-10a3-4857-ab8f-4db1927eeee2-jpeg.293984
View attachment 293985View attachment 293986

View attachment 293984

What are you doing!
That's a soda can..

Nice!
On burnouts, make sure you protect your wheel wells or this pretty body will be ugly after the first run, would be a shame. I do them at end of life without wd40, but might give it a try as well.
If I actually aim to kill the tires I'll probably do it without a body to avoid that lol. I don't want to mess it up doing that

Body painted!! Came out gorgeous I'm super pumped to get this thing on it's wheels. The Max4 should come tomorrow and then need an order from amain and m2c to come so I can put it all togetherView attachment 293539View attachment 293540View attachment 293541
That looks fantastic, man! FWIW, my own IRL PB was in a heavily breathed-on Viper GTS ACR on the straight at Mid Ohio at 172mph. Test and tune day. šŸ˜Š I might have had to change my underwear afterwards in the paddock behind the car, but I canā€™t remember for sureā€¦
The ironic thing is, you could potentially beat that in a 1/7 model car! Whoā€™d a thunk it?

That looks fantastic, man! FWIW, my own IRL PB was in a heavily breathed-on Viper GTS ACR on the straight at Mid Ohio at 172mph. Test and tune day. šŸ˜Š I might have had to change my underwear afterwards in the paddock behind the car, but I canā€™t remember for sureā€¦
The ironic thing is, you could potentially beat that in a 1/7 model car! Whoā€™d a thunk it?
Hahaha dude!!! That's awesome. Those kinds of vipers are why I wanted this to be a viper. They get so insane I love it. 172 has got to be so damn exciting and scary lol. I would wear some brown pants on that day

Hahaha dude!!! That's awesome. Those kinds of vipers are why I wanted this to be a viper. They get so insane I love it. 172 has got to be so damn exciting and scary lol. I would wear some brown pants on that day
Yeah, the brown undies are a good idea. Scary as hell, at least for me. Iā€™ve tried to explain the sensation (and the effect is not duplicated in video as it is IRL) but after about 140 you see a circular field of vision straight ahead with everything beyond the edges being just a kaleidoscope of colors. Itā€™s a tunnel. The ā€œcircle of visionā€ tunnel gets smaller and smaller the faster you go. Itā€™s a very singular experience. Iā€™ve read stories about the drivers at LeMans coming down the Mulsanne Straight in the middle of the night in total darkness at over 200mph in foggy, rainy, crappy conditions with almost zero visibility, seeing the lights of that little French diner on the left, counting to seven, stabbing the brakes hard and clocking the wheel to the right to make the turn at the end of the straight. Holy. Living. F**k. Thatā€™s why those guys are gods to me. Absolutely blows my mind and gives me chills. My testicular fortitude is nowhere near that level. In fact, Iā€™m not certain that after shrinking up inside my body that my balls have completely dropped since my stint in Ohio, and that was over 20 years ago.

Yeah, the brown undies are a good idea. Scary as hell, at least for me. Iā€™ve tried to explain the sensation (and the effect is not duplicated in video as it is IRL) but after about 140 you see a circular field of vision straight ahead with everything beyond the edges being just a kaleidoscope of colors. Itā€™s a tunnel. The ā€œcircle of visionā€ tunnel gets smaller and smaller the faster you go. Itā€™s a very singular experience. Iā€™ve read stories about the drivers at LeMans coming down the Mulsanne Straight in the middle of the night in total darkness at over 200mph in foggy, rainy, crappy conditions with almost zero visibility, seeing the lights of that little French diner on the left, counting to seven, stabbing the brakes hard and clocking the wheel to the right to make the turn at the end of the straight. Holy. Living. F**k. Thatā€™s why those guys are gods to me. Absolutely blows my mind and gives me chills. My testicular fortitude is nowhere near that level. In fact, Iā€™m not certain that after shrinking up inside my body that my balls have completely dropped since my stint in Ohio, and that was over 20 years ago.
I don't know anything about LeMans so that's a new one on me!!! I'll have to look that up that sounds extremely insane, I have been watching formula 1 recently and those guys have some gigantic balls as well. All the race car people are just nuts, even NASCAR I mean Jesus they are all so close going so fast. Have to be a special person for that stuff no doubt

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back