Kraton Is the 4s platform about to be updated?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't comprehend why everyone doesn't like the 3s/4s plattform. I love my outcast 4s and sent it many times to the moon. Nothing ever broke since I put on RPM A-Arms and Typhon 6s Shocks. In contrast to the 6s platform there is no chassis bending. I look at it the other way round. Why doesn't arrma build a 6s with a Plastik chassis?
We don't, but unlike you, most of us have had the same issues plaque us. I love my 4s cars, but they need some work from the factory to truly make them "Arrma tough". It is the only 4s line in all of rc that has a 100% plastic drive train, minus spur. All my breakages that were not my fault, were drivetrain. If you haven't experienced the issues the rest of us have, then consider yourself fortunate and lucky, and bask in the glory that is your luck. While you are doing that, say a prayer for the rest of us.

I think metal and plastic both have their place on a strong RC vehicle.
I hope the new 4s line keeps composite materials where it makes sense like the chassis, but I would like a metal center drive shaft or some type of cover as a rock will melt the current plastic shaft.

If you are comparing 6061 3mm chassis vs plastic, give me plastic. But compare that same plastic to a 7075 4mm chassis and it’s a way different convo.

I can't comprehend why everyone doesn't like the 3s/4s plattform. I love my outcast 4s and sent it many times to the moon. Nothing ever broke since I put on RPM A-Arms and Typhon 6s Shocks. In contrast to the 6s platform there is no chassis bending. I look at it the other way round. Why doesn't arrma build a 6s with a Plastik chassis?
True my friend.
I hope its just bad luck that my bogrock 4s disintegraded i forgot to put the tower to tower brace in

I think metal and plastic both have their place on a strong RC vehicle.
I hope the new 4s line keeps composite materials where it makes sense like the chassis, but I would like a metal center drive shaft or some type of cover as a rock will melt the current plastic shaft.
Agreed....been there done that. I also like the plastic chassis, metal would be over kill and drive the price up. Metal diffs, and dogbones to the wheels, if it is more, it would be worth it to me.

After selling my Maxx I was going to wait and see what the new Arrma's are but needed something until then (March 2021)? So I bought @jondilly1974 's upgraded Kraton 4s. Ever since I sold my Outcast 4s to my neighbor Ive missed Arrma and am glad to be back. Should be getting the Kraton in a couple days. Already have some more plans on upgrades and stuff in addition to everything that Jon already did. Especially the new batteries I have. Was running Ovonic 4s 4500 50C that I got about 20 mins from, now have some Zeee 7000 4s 100C packs that add a ton of run time and a lot more punch. Bought 4 of them for $72.99 each. Great price for some pretty nice batteries. Also will be building a ramp soon. Cant wait!

Last edited:
I doubt its the v2, from what i can see its the v1 but with 6s shocks
But the shocks look like brand new by how shiny they are. If its the v2 well its on the 3s platform who is dissapointing to see

Yes, Dearden has stated the next 4S (next year) will be a different platform. "Bigger and better" I think was his exact words. The current version is discontinued.
You forgot ‘more teeth’.
(I introduced my stepdaughter to Jurassic park yesterday and we’re on #4 🙃)

You forgot ‘more teeth’.
(I introduced my stepdaughter to Jurassic park yesterday and we’re on #4 🙃)
I wonder how much bigger and better it could be going from 1/10 scale. The 6s line is already at 1/8-1/7.

I wonder how much bigger and better it could be going from 1/10 scale. The 6s line is already at 1/8-1/7.

I would guess a new beefed up plastic chassis, aluminum centershaft, center diff, maybe 1/2-1 inch longer wheelbase. Basically just a beefed up 3S and a price tag of $500.

Is saw that @KiTris ExtremeRC uploaded a new 4s outcast video on YouTube . Maybe to have some comparison video for the new one coming soon? 😉
I just did a video of it again because it's one of my favourite trucks and I haven't done one in a while :)
But lets hope that they release the V2s soon👍

I would guess a new beefed up plastic chassis, aluminum centershaft, center diff, maybe 1/2-1 inch longer wheelbase. Basically just a beefed up 3S and a price tag of $500.
Your wish list is pretty much dead on. Probably around $500.'ish I agree give or take for a 4S 4x4? How could it be done for less considering the current 4x4 price points as it stands?
Like I stated somewhere earlier, the updated 6s Typhon is at $549. The best bargain out there IMHO. How could a $500.'ish 4x4 4s be justified to fit in their lineup practically. And most 4x4 parts and after market upgrade prices are right up there with the 6s line. I could understand if the new 4s had a platform based somewhat and loosely on the 6s line. Think Alloy chassis in some fashion. Just a guestimate on my part. It may end up like the Trx Hoss, not too popular due to price versus value ? $500. for a 4s rig??? Not for me. Even if it comes with the extra fluff , like an AVC rx, Smart RTR Radio and the like. This would not sway me. Lets wait and see.:cool:

Last edited:
Your wish list is pretty much dead on. Probably around $500.'ish I agree give or take for a 4S 4x4? How could it be done for less considering the current 4x4 price points as it stands?
Like I stated somewhere earlier, the updated 6s Typhon is at $549. The best bargain out there IMHO. How could a $500.'ish 4x4 4s be justified to fit in their lineup practically. And most 4x4 parts and after market upgrade prices are right up there with the 6s line. I could understand if the new 4s had a platform based somewhat and loosely on the 6s line. Think Alloy chassis in some fashion. Just a guestimate on my part. It may end up like the Trx Hoss, not too popular due to price versus value ? $500. for a 4s rig??? Not for me. Even if it comes with the extra fluff , like an AVC rx, Smart RTR Radio and the like. This would not sway me. Lets wait and see.:cool:

Yeah, in terms of value, the 4S lineup never really made any sense, they weren't really (much) faster than a 3S and were kind of overpriced for what you got. The 4S line seems to profit off of people who don't know any better. At least now, it seems like the 4S line will have some more substantial differences from a 3S. Alloy chassis would be cool, but then you have to mold all the rest of the parts (battery tray, shock towers, diff cases, etc.). From a cost/profit (and durability) perspective, the main reason the 3S line is so cheap/profitable, is because the chassis is pretty much an all-in-one piece that includes everything except the modules.

Personally, I would raise the price of the Typhon 6S to $599 like the rest if I were Arrmar. I'm sure it's slightly cheaper to make, but a Typhon 3S costs the same as the rest of the 3S lineup, so...? I think the reason it's cheaper is because traditionally an 1/8 buggy is less than its 1/8 truggy counterpart (i.e. Tekno EB48/ET48).

This might shed some light as to why a 4S or not, good comparison of the market.
Skip to ~ 4 min if you are in a hurry. No idea if this is all still valid but made sense to me at the time.
Prediction was always late Summer'21, ~4 weeks to go, but I'm not in the market for 4S.

This guy is a bit of a joke. “Traxxas axles break but arrmas does too” yeah tell me that again. Everything breaks my guy but breaking every week the same part vs once or twice a year is different in my case never in 2 years

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back