Kinda getting burnt out of the hobby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigrayzrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
I'm starting to not be having the same smile on my face in this hobby I use to have 8 years ago. Any tips? I would love to go bashing with more people then just me and occasionally my one buddy that's in this hobby as well. He was the one who got me in the hobby but now all he has now is a scx 24 and a v3 kraton. I think he's gave up on the hobby. Nitro puts a slightly larger smile on my face but I get so fed up with em. One thing I haven't tried yet is 1/10 scale crawler wich I probably should considering I live on 80 acres with many creeks and trails. And another buddy of mine dad's just built a 4 acre pond so I'll have to give boats a try to I guess.

Ramps! bash...jumping them so much fun to me. Drones?? Planes and helli's look fun but expensive learning curve. FPV drones look cool too.

Ramps! bash...jumping them so much fun to me. Drones?? Planes and helli's look fun but expensive learning curve. FPV drones look cool too.
Yea I was considering helicopters as well

Maybe flight simulator. Although they say some of the newer ones are easier to fly.
Yea blade makes one that's got like a rotor servo that the higher end one got that control up down speed instead of increasing motor speed, and that helicopter cost like 170. I was really considering buying it

I set up two ramps the other day and was trying jump on one flip and land on the downslope of the other. It was soooooo satisfying!!

I'm starting to not be having the same smile on my face in this hobby I use to have 8 years ago. Any tips? I would love to go bashing with more people then just me and occasionally my one buddy that's in this hobby as well. He was the one who got me in the hobby but now all he has now is a scx 24 and a v3 kraton. I think he's gave up on the hobby. Nitro puts a slightly larger smile on my face but I get so fed up with em. One thing I haven't tried yet is 1/10 scale crawler wich I probably should considering I live on 80 acres with many creeks and trails. And another buddy of mine dad's just built a 4 acre pond so I'll have to give boats a try to I guess.
Try fishing in that pond🙂

for me its finding a good place to run as much as anything else. this time of year is crap dark all the time and then when you get time to go out they get covered in mud then its ages cleaning them up lucky to get out once a week at this time of the year

I had to slow down after spending around $20k in 3 years. I'm a total addict, so I had to get help. Crawlers are cool 👍. That's a lot of acres! And you excersice at the same same time. A 1/10 crawler would be perfect. It's fun.
If you live on 80 acres build a race/jump track, I live on 4 acres and got one never get's boring! As for fishing I live on the shore's of lake Superior and find it boring.
Damn. I need something like that so that I could build an RC playground.

I'm about 5 years in since I came back to rc. Honestly, can't say that I still don't get a thrill when running them cause i do, but I can say that social media has definitely helped to keep my interest peaked. The Forum was step one and then it took off from there. Chatting with other like minded people just made the time go by faster. YouTube came next, then Instagram and now I have a profile on just about every platform there is. Now when I run my cars, it's with the added fun of making great content for others to enjoy. I don't get out with others much because of time conflicts, but I have met many local people over the years. They're all friends now and that's just another bonus. Anyways, I'm not trying to sway you or anything, just letting you know that there's more to this hobby if you're willing to branch out.

I had to slow down after spending around $20k in 3 years. I'm a total addict, so I had to get help. Crawlers are cool 👍. That's a lot of acres! And you excersice at the same same time. A 1/10 crawler would be perfect. It's fun.

Damn. I need something like that so that I could build an RC playground.
$20K.. It does add up. I seem to be having a problem buying more motors and esc,s than I need right now and I also have enough paint to last my lifetime.

Oh to be 17 again... put the cars up for the winter and see what the spring/summer brings.
Just put it down for a while. Let the desire for it spring up again naturally. That's what I do. Let the pendulum swing man!
I agree ☝️ with both of these guys. I’ve have been in and out of this hobby many more times than I care to admit. Couple of months back I listed everything up because I was ‘done’ and then a few members talked me into staying. Winter time does suck. That’s why I spent money on upgrades/spares etc…. But like these guys said. Set it aside. Come back to it when and if you do… if not. Sell..
But remember you will never get what you paid….
I’ve easily spent 3-4k through the year. Some of it i lost out on because it wasn’t my thing.

Yea blade makes one that's got like a rotor servo that the higher end one got that control up down speed instead of increasing motor speed, and that helicopter cost like 170. I was really considering buying it
Helicopters have a very steep learning curve. I've been flying Helicopters for about 12 years. 6 channel collective pitch Helicopters are difficult to learn, but a lot of newer helis have a 6 axis gyro/ flybarless controller that have self leveling capabilities and are easier to learn basic flight and orientation. But the 6 axis gyro also handicaps you and makes it harder to learn to fly a basic 3 axis 6 channel collective pitch helicopter. It's best to try to learn to hover and basic flight with only a 3 axis gyro with no self leveling. It is a lot harder but will not give you the bad habits that the 6 axis gyro will. And crashes cost a lot of money.

But if you just wanna learn basic sport flying then a 6 channel collective pitch heli with a 6 axis self leveling FBL controller is a great way to get started.

If you wanna cheat, but still be able to learn to fly helis, check out this Flywing V450L 2.5 RTF. It's a 6 channel heli with GPS self leveling and a kind of autopilot but is also capable of full 3D flight. It's a 450 size helicopter which is about 26 inches long and a great helicopter to start with.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/f...uasiGsdjt8m4EuRb5QJwtcIFiX9mmqcBoCFFQQAvD_BwE

Flywing also has a smaller 200 sized helicopter with the same GPS flight controller.

https://www.helidirect.com/products...HEBpXmVq14oYeMvxv9CJZEBOJL4ZaygxoCjHQQAvD_BwE

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back