Let’s see your EV!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard sell here where I live. Temperatures in the winter make it not possible.
Electric vehicles is not a long term plan anyway, there isn’t enough lithium to make it practical. Electric vehicles are a dead end road.

Hydrogen is what is coming.
Elon musk said all his cars will be hydrogen by 2024.
https://www.whichev.net/2022/04/01/elon-musk-announces-tesla-will-switch-to-hydrogen-in-2024/
4/1 release date? LOL
My experience with my Tesla is that the fears and concerns are not reality. There is a whole lot of FUD out there, especially in the media, but the reality is a far better experience than I ever imagined.
This is so true. Also, a lot of the "facts" from 10 years ago just are no longer true. Things like "Can't recycle Lithium Batteries" - no longer true. "Lipo use lots of nasties like Cobalt and cadmium" - quickly becoming not true with new lipos. Landfills will fill up with toxic batteries" not true, second life uses, + recycling and new batteries don't use cobalt and cadmium like the old ones "Not enough Lithium" was never true, but new chemistry batteries use a fraction of the lithium that old-school batteries did. "Grid power pollutes just like ICE cars" - coal, yes, but almost every other power plant runs a lot cleaner than your ICE car.

Also still see a lot of people using the "A Hummer is better for the environment than a Prius, if you consider total life, mfgring and end of life disposal" That may have been true in 2007, comparing the stripped, very basic no ac ex-military hummer vs the NiCad powered 1st gen Prius, but with the complexity of new ICE cars and new gen batteries in the EV's, I very much doubt it is even close these days.
I have never seen a supercharger irl that I am aware of.
Around where I live, they are more often in restaurant, shopping, and hotel parking lots vs gas stations. Also, the chargers tend to be around the edge of the parking area, rather than in the middle of the concrete, like gas pumps.
Do you live somewhere colder then Norway? because Norway has the highest % of EV's on the road in the world. Yes, battery life drops a bit, but cold weather really is not an issue. Yes, it was 10 years ago, but it is not a problem with most of the current gen EV.s

Electric vehicles is not a long term plan anyway, there isn’t enough lithium to make it practical. Electric vehicles are a dead end road.

Hydrogen is what is coming.
Elon musk said all his cars will be hydrogen by 2024.
https://www.whichev.net/2022/04/01/elon-musk-announces-tesla-will-switch-to-hydrogen-in-2024/
You didn’t notice the date?

I live in Ottawa in Canada. My son joined the ski racing team this year so I had drives every weekend between. 1 and 2.5 hours to training and races. I have no problem driving to and from ski hills, even in very cold temperatures. My record is -34 C. That’s almost as cold in F. Yes range suffers, but not enough to be a problem. The scheduled departure is fantastic because when I am ready to leave my car is defrosted, at my set temperature, and have the seat and steering wheel heat on. The only major adjustment is that if I am charging outside I can’t really charge on 110v when it’s much below -20.

By the way, its fantastic in the snow, and mine is only RWD.

Teslas are not the safest crashed cars. I don't know where people get their info. They pass crash tests as require by Law. No better or worse than others. That is all. Foolish to think any Tesla is best because you feel your family is safest in an accident. A losing argument there.
The quality, fit and finish is absolutely subpar. Replacing a Battery can total out any EV. We know what they cost.:rolleyes:
I have driven numerous EVs, Hyhi's and the Miria Toyota Hydrogen for daily office field work throughout the City.
(NYC fleet Program, Dept vehicles.) A Tesla Ranger office was nearby my office. They are clueless with many non Software issues. Have since closed their doors and left.
Here in the US, a Tesla is a PIA to get serviced. Their service and parts infrastructure is horrible. And intentional by Tesla's business model, having no franchise Dealer network. The yearly Tesla service interval is a rip off for what little is done to it. Yet required to maintain the poor warranty. Try getting your Tesla fixed when it has a serious issue. You better have a second car or a Rental. Its a PIA and takes long. Monthly Subscriptions for features that are already Built In is a scam. Period. Tesla has no Public Relations dept. A horrible Cust. Service by phone. I wonder why? Actually I do know why. They dismiss,, avoid and hide any and all negative feedback. They can control the narrative better this way by having no recourse for those with issues.

Edit.

Not hating Tesla. Elon is a very smart man. Good at what he does. Has a unique vision etc. Creative and solves problems thinking out the box. I don't like seeing the Big 3 auto companies and the Gov't bullying him in a capitalist society.

FWIW, German Gov't has failed many Tesla Factory production units for lack of quality control. Tesla can't sell them in Germany otherwise. Germans don't play around.
What passes quality control elsewhere globally, does not pass muster in Germany. I consider this a barometer.

Last edited:
Teslas are not the safest crashed cars. I don't know where people get their info. They pass crash tests as require by Law. No better or worse than others. That is all. Foolish to think any Tesla is best because you feel your family is safest in an accident. A losing argument there.
The quality, fit and finish is absolutely subpar. Replacing a Battery can total out any EV. We know what they cost.:rolleyes:
I have driven numerous EVs, Hyhi's and the Miria Toyota Hydrogen for daily office field work throughout the City.
(NYC fleet Program, Dept vehicles.) A Tesla Ranger office was nearby my office. They are clueless with many non Software issues. Have since closed their doors and left.
Here in the US, a Tesla is a PIA to get serviced. Their service and parts infrastructure is horrible. And intentional by Tesla's business model, having no franchise Dealer network. The yearly Tesla service interval is a rip off for what little is done to it. Yet required to maintain the poor warranty. Try getting your Tesla fixed when it has a serious issue. You better have a second car or a Rental. Its a PIA and takes long. Monthly Subscriptions for features that are already Built In is a scam. Period. Tesla has no Public Relations dept. A horrible Cust. Service by phone. I wonder why? Actually I do know why. They dismiss,, avoid and hide any and all negative feedback. They can control the narrative better this way by having no recourse for those with issues.
You have an opinion. The fact is that NHTSA crash tests vehicles in multiple ways and rates them in terms of safety in different types of accidents.
https://www.nhtsa.gov/ratings

They test for frontal, side, and rollover and rate each vehicle on each type of crash test out of 5*. The pictures and videos of the crash tests are available if you want to see it for yourself. Here is the info for my car: https://www.nhtsa.gov/ratings

Here is more about the tests and ratings: https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.g...gwithsafetyinmind_brochure_042817_v1a_tag.pdf

They also track crashes and fatalities overall and by brand. Here is the data: https://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicles/VehiclesAllVehicles.aspx

"In the 4th quarter, we recorded one crash for every 4.31 million miles driven in which drivers were using Autopilot technology (Autosteer and active safety features). For drivers who were not using Autopilot technology (no Autosteer and active safety features), we recorded one crash for every 1.59 million miles driven. By comparison, NHTSA’s most recent data shows that in the United States there is an automobile crash every 484,000 miles."

Bottom of this page Tesla publishes the data per quarter. https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/VehicleSafetyReport

Quality, fit, and finish is great in my car. Not sure where you get your information. Batteries will last longer than the car and are warrantied for 8 years. Any other EV you have driven is not comparable. Hybrids are definitely not and hydrogen fuel cell is... who knows.

I have no idea what a "Tesla Ranger" office is, but in Ottawa we have two Tesla service centres plus mobile service for issues that can be handled that way. In NYC there are two service centres in Brooklyn and Long Island. https://www.tesla.com/findus/list/stores/United+States I have had a major repair under warranty - they replaced the heat pump/condenser/HVAC valve. Messaged me in the Tesla app (and email), scheduled the appointment in the app, and gave me a loaner for a couple of days until it was completed. For anyone without a loaner they have a rental car waiting at the service centre. Easiest car to get serviced I've ever had, and doesn't require service more than once a year. There is nothing to service. They push software updates regularly to fix issues, add features, etc. The only fluid I can put in it is windshield washer fluid. Once a year to do a general inspection, check or replace the little 12v battery when needed, and a brake inspection and lubrication. Brake pads every 2-3 years tops. By far the best service experience I have ever had. What is a rip off is stealerships that try to upsell you pre-paid maintenance plans that have you bring the car in 2-4 times per year. Maintenance costs on a Tesla are far less than a gas car.

The only monthly subscription is for the LTE connection for premium connectivity. Not required and all it provides is higher resolution satellite maps on the screen for navigation and streaming music etc. Totally optional. You can just use your phone and bluetooth for music and such if you choose and the standard navigation maps are fine - I prefer them anyway in most cases. The premium connectivity option is $15 / month Canadian if you do choose to do that. Cancel it any time.

Tesla certainly isn't perfect but they are very good and better than I've experienced with any other car brand.

For drivers who were not using Autopilot technology (no Autosteer and active safety features), we recorded one crash for every 1.59 million miles driven. By comparison, NHTSA’s most recent data shows that in the United States there is an automobile crash every 484,000 miles."
If it has no autosteer or active safety features, the average should be the same as NHTSA's most recent data. Otherwise it is just how much attention drivers pay while driving.

If it has no autosteer or active safety features, the average should be the same as NHTSA's most recent data. Otherwise it is just how much attention drivers pay while driving.

I meant to post the one WITH active safety features. Autopilot is much safer than manually driving even with all of the active safety features enabled. Some of the difference will probably be selection bias, but things like handling, grip, braking, and acceleration will make a difference. It's likely that people buying expensive new Teslas are likely to drive more carefully and safely than the average driver, but the vehicle dynamics, performance, and automatic safety features make a difference. Driving this morning there was a dead turkey on the road and I didn't see it until the last minute as the people ahead of me on the highway blocked my view until they reacted. I was able to do an emergency lane change that I could never have pulled off in my previous car. In my Outlander I just would have nailed the turkey because I know the limits of my cars, but many people would have tried to swerve and wound up losing control and crashing. My Tesla has great grip and the CoG is super low, plus the sensors and stability control systems are just flat better in the Tesla than anything else I have driven. Recent model cars of a similar price range likely also perform better than the average. A better comparison would be comparing the Tesla Model 3 to a Honda Accord or Toyota Corolla of the same model years.

In the exact same situation with the same driver a different model with different features will be more or less likely to lose control, crash, and/or roll over.

Let's see your EV...
Why y'all gotta turn this into some BS where folks have to explain their personal choices. Some of you need to go smoke a bowl and chill. 👌

It's the same thing when you have the peanut gallery chiming in on why not to purchase a bad RC part or a full RTR. Is what it is... I'll also include myself in doing just that.

BTW, I was high when I wrote that^ ;)

It's the same thing when you have the peanut gallery chiming in on why not to purchase a bad RC part or a full RTR. Is what it is... I'll also include myself in doing just that.

BTW, I was high when I wrote that^ ;)
Lol, but noone here is looking for advice on a car purchase. It a topic that says Lets see your EV.
Pretty simple...
We all share a common passion and that's my reason for being here. Sorry if I'm out in right ...or left, field.😜
Keep up the good work, it's why I come here.🤟

View attachment 211160View attachment 211161Here’s mine… went from paying almost $500 a month to paying about $90 a month.

140 mile range
From 0% to full in less than 10 hours w/220 outlet

Oh and let’s not forget the instant torque. This thing soars smoothly from 0-92mph pretty quickly. Plenty of passing power, plenty “stop light to stop light” power this thing is awesome..

Nice! How's the range in the winter, not a bad commuter car.
Plenty of Americans paying as much or more for gas cars, if you can get one. Buddy of mine got a new mini-van that cost as much as my Tesla Model 3. More after dealer markup and all of the other things the stealership dinged him for.

If you can afford a big diesel, tuner, and fuel to waste just to intentionally pollute the air you can easily afford an electric vehicle. You should be happy to see more EVs on tbe road, it means less demand for fuel and that will help lower the price of gas.
Here is my Model 3 RWD. I paid $Canadian $56k which is about $42k US. I can sell it right now for between 58 and 60. I financed it by borrowing against my crypto assets. I still earn yield on the coins so it nets out to costing me about $100 a month (including insurance on the smart contracts preventing any major loss in value) and I pay that with the cash flow from other crypto investments.

View attachment 211197
Interesting leveraging your coins. However, coin values plummet then? I'm assuming similar to covered calls. Like the blue!

Lol, but noone here is looking for advice on a car purchase. It a topic that says Lets see your EV.
Pretty simple...
We all share a common passion and that's my reason for being here. Sorry if I'm out in right ...or left, field.😜
Keep up the good work, it's why I come here.🤟
There are 3-4 pics In here of EV’s…lol.. Other threads say “let’s see your GUNS etc.” with a bunch of people chiming In with what they like ETC with no pics. Whats the difference? This is a “message board” after all.. I don’t think anyone is giving advice on a 1.1 purchase. We are just chiming in with our “opinions” and as they say, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone’s got one right?

There are 3-4 pics In here of EV’s…lol.. Other threads say “let’s see your GUNS etc.” with a bunch of people chiming In with what they like ETC with no pics. Whats the difference? This is a “message board” after all.. I don’t think anyone is giving advice on a 1.1 purchase. We are just chiming in with our “opinions” and as they say, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone’s got one right?
Well that's Fubar'd. Are folks afraid to show their firearms? 🤣
Screenshot_20220414-202425_Chrome.jpg

Interesting leveraging your coins. However, coin values plummet then? I'm assuming similar to covered calls. Like the blue!
It was averaging in the low 20’s when I bought it. And the range didn’t suffer much.. maybe a few miles? So far it’s been great and I’m loving it.
Well that's Fubar'd. Are folks afraid to show their firearms? 🤣View attachment 211968
I laughed so hard at that shirt lmao

When I set it up ETH was just over $3k so it's close to that now, but I have enough extra collateral that I'm OK until about $2,500. If It gets below $2,800 I'll just add some to the collateral (and buy more ETH). Good time to pick up more ETH IMO. I'm in it long term and earning yield in ETH and with other platforms doing liquidity farming and staking so I have plenty to move around if I need it. I still earn yield on my collateral so it's not a problem to move a few grand worth into my ETH collateral pool if I need a safety margin. The main risk is if ETH goes down too far my collateral coins will get liquidated to close the position and that causes a taxable event, but I have plenty of crypto assets so keeping the collateral topped up will be no problem. If ETH goes much below $3k I will be scaling in seriously from FIAT currency anyway as a matter of course.

I like the blue a lot but I wish I had gone with white interior. As soon as I can be certain that I will get an Austin built model Y with 4680 structural battery pack I will take my model Y order off of hold and sell my Model 3 for a dual motor long range Model Y - blue with white interior. :)

Let's see your EV...
Why y'all gotta turn this into some BS where folks have to explain their personal choices. Some of you need to go smoke a bowl and chill. 👌
Agreed 100%. Been following this thread and have been biting my tongue off not to respond to all the nonsene and opinions.
So back to the subject, here's is my EV and i love it.
It's supersmooth and quite and i never have issues with range or charging.
It's full options with electric and heated seats, Style+ interior package, IQ led front and rear, heated steering wheel and front windscreen, 20" rims, panoramic glass roof, wireless phone charging, wireless Apple Carplay (which is better than the onboard system), exterior style package, keyless entry and start, dark rear windows and extra heat and noise resistant front windows. And added a curled charging cable so i won't stumble over it :banghead:.
It's a little getting used to all the touch controls but after 2 weeks that wasn't an issue anymore.
I'm really picky on cars (it's been my work for over 20 years) and yes it has it flaws like every other car but it's a very good and solid car.

IMG_2593.JPG

IMG_2592.JPG

IMG_2591.JPG

IMG_2594.JPG

More EV pictures!!!

1650014370981.png

1650014393962.png

Somehow these discussions always end up on big V8's vs tesla.
I love the sound of V8's, but they are rare in Europe. Maybe thats for a reason. For a simular yet different reasons, i also think Tesla is not gonna maintain
EV dominance (in Europe).

Elon and Tesla are great, they put EV's on the map, but they are primairly a software company.
Our country with yellow and black numberplates, has adopted them quite early. We do like gimmicks, which the model S definately was in it's early days.

1650015307585.png

Yet, typically Tesla's marketshare is dropping hard. Where it still was 28% in 2019. Traditional European (and Asian) car manufacturers are taking over the EV market. In 2021 Tesla new sales EV markteshare dropped to 4.8% in the Netherlands.
Top 5 sales 2021:
1. Skoda Enyaq
2. Kia Nero
3. VW ID4
4. Volvo XC40
5. Tesla model 3
Closely followed by Mustang Mach-E, Nissan Leaf, BMW X3 and Polestar 2

Just saying Tesla is no longer the Apple of EV's. The VW group MEB platform(like JvG's ID4) and the geely/volvo CMA platform are the new EV benchmarks

ps. hydro is also EV, it 'just' uses a hydrocel instead of batteries...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back