Mojave Mojave EXB - More suspension travel - Mamba Monster 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ I beg to differ. The 2050kv stocker is far from too small a motor. It will even handle 8S with an 8S ESC. The Mojave is no heavier than the Kraton give or take.:cool:
But this is a smaller motor and it's 2650kv which is crazy high. The stock motor would be great but this one sits more in the 1900kv range so there is a huge difference. I would still run a fan on the stock motor just so you can gear up a bit.

The Mojave is a beast, but I understand where you’re coming from. The UDR doesn’t get great reviews for its durability, but oh man I saw one in real live; the smoothness of the suspension is mind blowing. It’s like it floats and soaks up all bumps, really cool to see.
Durability wise, especially if you start sending it, the UDR is no competition for the Mojave though.

The purpose of droop in a basher is to limit the shock rebound extension stroke so the rod ends and pistons don't break.
That's for sure !
Remove the shocks and test how far the arms will droop. adjust the droop screw for more droop. The "dog bone" shafts will be the limiting factor, they start to bind in the diff output cups and at the wheel axle. When you are at maximum, check how much that is more than the shock can handle, before buying any longer shocks etc. i think there is not much more travel available, I think you would need longer suspension arms to have more travel. And then the truck gets wider and the body wont fit.
I totally agree but I wanted to know this before buying one.
I wrote that thread hoping that someone already done that and could give me the mods needed to have the max travel possible.
So, do you know if the Mojave could be tweaked to allow more travel ? like longer shocks, longer CVD, cups, A Arms, Towers ? Which parts should I buy ?
Looks like I'm the only one looking for that ... Am I so weird ? :unsure: :geek::rolleyes:?
I thought that some guy could respond:
Yes, I did it, just add XX Shocks, those XX A-Arms that have a different design around the ears and drop lower, take the cups of model XX that are longer, the tower of the XX that are wider etc...

The UDR doesn’t get great reviews for its durability, but oh man I saw one in real live; the smoothness of the suspension is mind blowing. It’s like it floats and soaks up all bumps, really cool to see.
Yep, same for The E-Revo, less though for sure than a classical suspension, but the driving feeling, the way the body roll in curve "like a motorbike" and the plunging/squatting when braking/accelerating is unique (I think) and very fun/different to ride. "Big Air" is only for a reduced part of RC cars, it doesn't mean that others are not fun.
1605702877329.png

That's the Joy to own many different cars, one for each use.
I usually start a session with Typhon/Outcast/X-maxx, then when I calm down, I take the E-Revo, then the UDR, then the Summit ?.. Slashes are for racing with my kids on the street or in my backyard, very fun. I will drive the Mojave in the first group ?

Edit: My Truggyfied Typhoon: My thougest RC Ever: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/post-your-typhon-pics-here.18283/page-3#post-249826

The Mojave is a beast, but I understand where you’re coming from. The UDR doesn’t get great reviews for its durability, but oh man I saw one in real live; the smoothness of the suspension is mind blowing. It’s like it floats and soaks up all bumps, really cool to see.
Durability wise, especially if you start sending it, the UDR is no competition for the Mojave though.
It all depends on how you want to drive your rig. UDR and Moj. have different chassis designs. Each their own driving characteristics. Just similar shells. UDR is absolutely based more to Scale chassis wise . You cant make one into the other. The only thing you can do with the Mojave is mod the towers so the shocks Lay up. Closer to vertical with the arm. To simulate the feel of the UDR. Maybe some would disagree. I don't see any better alternative. With all that UDR travel, ironically, many say it is not as durable for big air like the Moj. Not that the Moj is any big air rig itself. Rotational control is somewhat limited because of the wheels just like the UDR.

Yep, same for The E-Revo, less though for sure than a classical suspension, but the driving feeling, the way the body roll in curve "like a motorbike" and the plunging/squatting when braking/accelerating is unique (I think) and very fun/different to ride. "Big Air" is only for a reduced part of RC cars, it doesn't mean that others are not fun.
View attachment 109695
That's the Joy to own many different cars, one for each use.
I usually start a session with Typhon/Outcast/X-maxx, then when I calm down, I take the E-Revo, then the UDR, then the Summit ?.. Slashes are for racing with my kids on the street or in my backyard, very fun. I will drive the Mojave in the first group ?

Edit: My Truggyfied Typhoon: My thougest RC Ever: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/post-your-typhon-pics-here.18283/page-3#post-249826
That E-Rev shock design has been known to fail and break constantly, unlike the Nero's, less so. FWIW.

You will over heat that motor in the first run. Either choose a different car or get a different motor. My 1650kv gets very hot even with a fan and gearing. Both friends with the blx setup run super hot also. I could only imagine how bad that high of a kv motor would be. Also yes the udr and Baja Rey have more travel in the back but they are solid axle so you really can’t compare at all. It may have less travel but it’s setup to jump and bash more then the other two. The other two have a ton of travel but they are soft and supple for high speed rough terrain. The Mojave is setup more for all around bashing with a little light jumping. Any of these cars are awesome though.

You will over heat that motor in the first run. Either choose a different car or get a different motor. My 1650kv gets very hot even with a fan and gearing. Both friends with the blx setup run super hot also. I could only imagine how bad that high of a kv motor would be. Also yes the udr and Baja Rey have more travel in the back but they are solid axle so you really can’t compare at all. It may have less travel but it’s setup to jump and bash more then the other two. The other two have a ton of travel but they are soft and supple for high speed rough terrain. The Mojave is setup more for all around bashing with a little light jumping. Any of these cars are awesome though.
Hello,
I have just brought an exb mojave... and have no idea what motor and esc combo to buy... I was going for the max6 and 1650kv motor.... but now wondering what might be a better option?

Thanks bud

Always keep in mind about T° .. it depends where you live... you can have absolutely no problem in northern countries at 20°C and overheat as hell with 40°C outside.

Hello,
I have just brought an exb mojave... and have no idea what motor and esc combo to buy... I was going for the max6 and 1650kv motor.... but now wondering what might be a better option?

Thanks bud
Yeah it really is a fantastic combo. I’m blow away by how fast it is. Definitely keep your eyes on temp. The motor is fine with just a simple fan for the most part but the esc was going into thermal after a couple minutes on a decent size pinion. The max6 fans break after a run or two anyways so I ended up running a 20x40mm fan on 3s lipo and it is a beast! Never had a issue again and runs cool. I can run 5 packs back to back in the summer with no issues

Hello Guys,
Thanks you all for your valuable contribution's. ?
I had to give you some feedback.
This weekend, a used TEKNO MT410 roller jumped on me, for a good price, and I couldn't defend myself. ?
At 3.85Kg, it fit my MM2 and the Castle 1515 2650KV.
With the Mojave at +6Kg I would had to buy a new motor ?
The MT410 cost me 50% of my budget, so I should be ok later for the Mojave EXB V2 (y)? Or a Nero V2 ? ?
My first feeling for the MT410: It's a very fine truck, the smoothness of the transmission, the quality of the suspension and the build quality is amazing.
It's very light for it's 1/8 size and should help breaking less... I hope it will be as tough as "they" said ?

20201203_225608.jpg

20201203_225817.jpg

20201203_225830.jpg

20201203_225852.jpg

Can anyone quote which weight of oil the new 6S BLX and EXB shocks come with out of the box? Are they different between the submodels?

Edit: To answer my own question I guess, will just assume they're all 550cst/40w?

Going to start playing with my rear shocks at the very least (preload and valving/dampening) eventually. There's some pretty nice 95mm 5+ lb/in springs that I'd like to try, etc. among other things

Last edited:
I used 900cst oil F/R and front is good, rear is still kinda soft. I think front should use thinner oil than rear to get them feel more balanced. Maybe something like 700F/900R..

Can anyone quote which weight of oil the new 6S BLX and EXB shocks come with out of the box? Are they different between the submodels?

Edit: To answer my own question I guess, will just assume they're all 550cst/40w?

Going to start playing with my rear shocks at the very least (preload and valving/dampening) eventually. There's some pretty nice 95mm 5+ lb/in springs that I'd like to try, etc. among other things

Follow these steps For the arrma manuals:

https://www.arrma-rc.com/

find your model, click on your model.

click manuals and downloads:
358894E7-2948-4A8C-9A39-DE164A5300E4.png

Click manual:
06F713F4-E62C-4130-B5DD-6E2785D02CDE.png

once your in manual scroll to shocks:
ADD2E097-560C-4681-A165-AFC733148879.png

the answer to your question for the Kraton EXB is 1000cst. for the Mojave it is 550cst.

Last edited:
Don’t ever assume, when it’s so easy to get into the manual.. Follow these steps:

https://www.arrma-rc.com/

find your model, click on your model.

click manuals and downloads:
View attachment 113133
Click manual:
View attachment 113134
once your in manual scroll to shocks:
View attachment 113135
the answer to your question for the Kraton EXB is 1000cst.

Thanks but that's how I found the 550cst for the Mojave BLX, in the manual. There's no like info for the Mojave EXB other than a spare parts rundown, hence why I assume all Mojave BLX and EXB use 550. Or because the Mojave shares a lot of parts with the Krayton EXB, it might be 1000? But both my Mojave chassis feel the same. So my Mojave EXB is actually a Krayton EXB with Mojave Lexan? Is there a witch doctor in the house?

Pretty new to this but it already feels sometimes like Arrma is nailing bloody chicken feet to people's doors, chanting and shaking rattles. Their manuals leave some important details to one's imagination and have so many different cars now using similar components I wonder if they can even keep track of it. Have dealt with voodoo and crystal balls before, no problem. :)

Thanks but that's how I found the 550cst for the Mojave BLX, in the manual. There's no like info for the Mojave EXB other than a spare parts rundown, hence why I assume all Mojave BLX and EXB use 550. Or because the Mojave shares a lot of parts with the Krayton, it might be 1000? But both the Mojave chassis feel the same. Is there a witch doctor in the house?

Pretty new to this but it already feels sometimes like Arrma is nailing bloody chicken feet to people's doors, chanting and shaking rattles. Their manuals leave some important details to one's imagination and have so many different cars now using similar components I wonder if they can even keep track of it. Have dealt with voodoo and crystal balls before, no problem. :)
3739CA0B-B02E-467B-AFA2-D2ACBCD346B8.png

Mojave exb 550cst same as the blx.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/manuals/ARB200030230.pdf

✌?

Last edited:
Perhaps someone at Arrma can put it in the Mojave EXB manual now that we've both "assumed" the same thing? :giggle:
This is the Mojave exb manual.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/manuals/ARB200030230.pdf

I am just an idiot and misread your first post in my half asleep response. My apologies. The Mojave exb and the blx both have the same callout for 550cst. I honestly feel like this is a little light especially for anyone running a heavier combo like the max 6. I’m thinking of upping the rear to 60wt and front to 50wt as I am one of those people running the heavier combo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back