Mojave Mojave EXB Speed Run Build Sheet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Let the fun begin! I will try to update this as I go. It’s gonna be fun.

4E275BC3-3DEC-4DDC-A7AD-E6B00219C95B.jpeg

BFB8FECF-DAFC-48EE-A3B4-C04BAB55C674.jpeg

F0DB4A37-497E-4E0B-B0A5-FA3770946368.jpeg

86DD89EC-8BDC-48DC-952D-E3B374AA7AFB.jpeg

CCBD575D-193E-4DF0-BF7A-3A159539062D.jpeg

9F528B92-8FD6-4F68-8647-E0D7A39E87B5.jpeg

63909735-11BA-4B13-B62B-5CF401A325F4.jpeg

D09D940B-4D6C-4F1B-B623-023F24B510B6.jpeg

984D2FD0-E54A-42A9-8719-2AB08CFE2695.jpeg

C327A5F2-D8F0-4D03-A8FA-CEF5BB63E5B3.jpeg

D0AD399E-1121-4A90-BF5B-3A59DBB2468E.jpeg

7701AA7C-2788-40D7-BEA4-CBB3C1CC5558.jpeg

Parts list:
Mojave EXB
Castle XLX2 ESC
Castle 2028-1100kv Motor
Castle B-Link Bluetooth Module
PPS Motor Mount
PPS 30mm Motor Plate
PPS Center Dif Mount
PPS Center Diff Plate
PPS Roll Bar Option
PPS XLX2 Switch Plate
Basherqueen XLX2 ESC Plate
Basherqueen Front Tower
Basherqueen Rear Tower
Basherqueen Steering Kit
CRCU 0 Degree C Block
CRCU Center Driveshafts
Arrma 39T Spool
Arrma 34T 8mm Pinion
Arrma GP5 42/15 F/R Diffs 500k
Arrma Rear CVDs
JX EcoBoost CLS6336HV Servo
Flysky FTr10 Receiver
Flysky FS-CTM01 Temperature Telemetry Module
GRP GWX02-XP1 1:5 Tires
JBI 1:5 Wheel Adapters
Fast Eddy’s Steering Bearings
SFR XL Carbon Fiber Battery Tray
Shocks filled with 5000cst Team Associated Oil, max preload

Last edited:
Oooh!! You’re looking to join the team huh?!? Haha.
got my esc mount being made as we speak! Still waiting on my scorched delivery and I’ll be building witcha!!
DD07EE12-C749-491B-AAAA-41488CFE76E6.jpeg
082A034F-A67E-40B3-A386-675B62986349.jpeg
7F94FCB1-9ADB-4FAB-8A5C-F26D7BF357C1.jpeg
C0578A0B-2F1D-4C9F-8A60-19444B41CD1F.png

Looking forward to the progress..👍.. 8s dilly laying down the passes in no time..😎✈️
Have no doubt he will blow my poop out of the water!! This is gonna be fun! I’m rebuilding to enjoy 8s powa!!

Might as well just get a saga 39t to put on that motor as a starting point lol. Going to keep the body, chop it up, or replace it outright?

Might as well just get a saga 39t to put on that motor as a starting point lol. Going to keep the body, chop it up, or replace it outright?
Stock body will be run until it is not possible. I have a CF body from @LibertyMKiii that may get used later. That story will write itself.

Ok first step...

Tear it all down 😜🤣

1EE07C39-B10B-4F02-B73D-BF1C2E9E9A6E.jpeg

I knew u were wrenching on her!! Awesome!! If you want to get rid of that chasis I could probably put it to good use;-) LOL.
what plugs are you using w 8awg batt cable. I initially did the castle but switching to qs8.

Might be worth considering independent leads for batteries if you are running 8ga. Able to plug batteries directly in series instead of through extra connectors.

Why is that?...
Just installed yesturday with no problems...
I'm probably going to sound like a crazy person 🤪, but I think my rear hub carriers are thicker where the axle goes through..!!
I've tried 6 different axle ends, and all of them when I put the hex hub on won't allow me to push the pin through, I can force the pin in but then I can't turn the axle it all just binds up 😩

Rear hub carriers are out of stock over my way till May..!! so for now I gave up, it's dog bones for me 😉🤣

I'm probably going to sound like a crazy person 🤪, but I think my rear hub carriers are thicker where the axle goes through..!!
I've tried 6 different axle ends, and all of them when I put the hex hub on won't allow me to push the pin through, I can force the pin in but then I can't turn the axle it all just binds up 😩

Rear hub carriers are out of stock over my way till May..!! so for now I gave up, it's dog bones for me 😉🤣
There's some vitavon on Ali if you are desperate.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0i1KWr

I knew u were wrenching on her!! Awesome!! If you want to get rid of that chasis I could probably put it to good use;-) LOL.
what plugs are you using w 8awg batt cable. I initially did the castle but switching to qs8.
Mfm i don't think your van can take much more abuse,I seen it shaking when u had infraction sliding towards it...I seem to hit all my neighbors cars.im real good at running under cars bending towers up...also have gotten good a crawling under cars with the quikness..towards end of pack is usually when the stupidity starts kicking in.
jd I've been patently waiting for you to pop off with something crazy an badazz.i new it was coming.XLX2 is next on my list,can't wait to see where this build ends up....

Last edited:
QS8

Check your CVD pins. Mine popped out just enough to keep the axle from seating all the way into the big bearing. I had to pull the top link off again to reseat it.
I am a little scared about the 1/5 GRP tires holding up, but I am tuned in to see how it goes!
Great build sheet so far and the long wheelbase will help with stability (y)
I too have concerns but this is more an experiment than anything. I could easily swap to 1/8 GRP or foams in the end. That story will write itself later.

I also have a full set of Senton arms, bones, links, etc to elongate the wheelbase even more at a later date. We will see how this goes. I imagine the first major change will be the body. Still looking for options for the 420mm wheelbase.

I got the Vitavons Hubs (and diff balks.. and rims..), i has no issue at all.
I think the Vitavons Hubs even reduced the slop at the rear.... 😎
Pls post us an image so we can all see..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back