Need some heavy prayers and positive thoughts for NorCal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some updates on the fire.. so last couple days we've had almost no wind thankfully keeping growth down. But it's a double edged sword as the smoke is not moving so they are not able to use any air resources due to no visibility. Fire is holding off from moving twords my parents house in Westwood but unfortunately is now headed right in our direction. Fire grew over a mile overnight moving in our direction through older burn areas. Unfortunately today winds pick up about noon and go throughout most of the evening so more than likely have more spread and growth today as again it's too smokey to use any air support. Here's what it looked like about 6pm yesterday and is about the same this morning
IMG_20210807_175636447.jpg

Here is the growth from last night
Screenshot_20210808-082414~2.png

And same picture from Friday that again shows the growth to today.
Screenshot_20210806-083538~2.png

This 1 of thoae times when its so frustrating watching and hearing about huge fires here, massive flood over here, too hot here, way to cold under there! People we as human beings (most of us) should be able to figure a way to save people's homes from a fire! Load the damn water jugs and compressors! Bring more trucks in from other areas. We can go to outer space bit we can get a aircraft big enough to dump enough water?? I mean COME ON!

P.S. NO IM NOT SMART ENOUGH TO FIGURE IT OUT. But humans as a whole could def save others land animals well being🤷✌.

Stay safe all!

This was yesterday at 8:am, should have been bright and sunny by then. We are getting a lot of smoke from your fire even down here mid state. By noon it looked like a foggy day. I can only imagine how miserable it is up there right now. Sucks when you can't open a window or even the ac just pumps it through the house. Hang in there, it can't last forever.

PSX_20210808_123303.jpg

I've been keeping a close watch on this fire as well, my son is in Quincy, my in-laws are in Susanville. So far they are safe my prayers are with all of you.

This 1 of thoae times when its so frustrating watching and hearing about huge fires here, massive flood over here, too hot here, way to cold under there! People we as human beings (most of us) should be able to figure a way to save people's homes from a fire! Load the damn water jugs and compressors! Bring more trucks in from other areas. We can go to outer space bit we can get a aircraft big enough to dump enough water?? I mean COME ON!

P.S. NO IM NOT SMART ENOUGH TO FIGURE IT OUT. But humans as a whole could def save others land animals well being🤷✌.

Stay safe all!
Feds have regulated what kind of planes you can use up here. Can't use big dumpers over wilderness areas, can't use vehicles in most areas. They've spent millions tearing up forest circus roads and limiting access, and now the fires can't be fought the way they used to be. Given Kalifornistan's penchant for even more regulation, I'd bet the fire fighters hands are pretty tied, and they can't bring full efforts into play.
Soapbox much? I do.

And we're down to about 3 miles visibility again today from @Edough13 's fire.

Feds have regulated what kind of planes you can use up here. Can't use big dumpers over wilderness areas, can't use vehicles in most areas. They've spent millions tearing up forest circus roads and limiting access, and now the fires can't be fought the way they used to be. Given Kalifornistan's penchant for even more regulation, I'd bet the fire fighters hands are pretty tied, and they can't bring full efforts into play.
Soapbox much? I do.
Oh wow. I had no idea. Conservation sometimes equals devastation?

Oh wow. I had no idea. Conservation sometimes equals devastation?
Conservation is based on science. None of our current policy is. Sierra club has made their board millionaires in the name of conservation, but they and their ilk are directly responsible for these fires. You can't go hands off on timber management/harvest and expect anything else than disaster.

The paper industry used to plant much more than they harvested, and it was carefully maintained, then they got regulated to death, now most paper products are coming from overseas where they do not replenish what they take, and cost more. Aren't politics great.

The paper industry used to plant much more than they harvested, and it was carefully maintained, then they got regulated to death, now most paper products are coming from overseas where they do not replenish what they take, and cost more. Aren't politics great.
I actually live just 10miles from a what used to be huge paper manufactuer Bowater. Probably corp or industry's I can't remember.
Now due to less newspapers and sheets for schools and all that. They have been renovating for years going to toilet paper and napkins. They also along with Olin Mills used to plants thousands of trees every year. Its down to hundreds now. Less and less because they "don't cut as many as they used to." I'll pronise u this the traffic of logging trucks has atleast stayed about the same. Fewer now cause of covid, yes. But no slow down that the town or surrounding traffic, roads, etc see at all. Funny how words and math hardly ever represent the conclusion/solution to a problem but yet they still keep trucking along.🤷
Long winded sry. Also like when I was in school they told us if the Oak Ridge TN nuclear power plant was to be hit we would be ok. Then in a little later in elementary school we learn basic math and science and then we realize "oh sh!+! We're dead".🤣🤣

Soapbox much? I do.

And we're down to about 3 miles visibility again today from @Edough13 's fire.
Not to mention they used to use convicts to help fight the fires. Now they say it’s too dangerous, they might catch Covid.

Convicts out in very remote areas with fires everywhere. They can't be watched all the time. Hmmm....idk about that 1. Ours just do road cleaning trash pickup or sit in jail. Come on TN get those labor crews going.

Update on the fire, last night was not a good night at all. Fire spread fast and made a big run twords my hometown and parents house. Also closer to Chester fire came back down to the highway and made a run back to the lake. Really sucks as residents of Chester were supposed to be able to go back home today and now that's definitely not feasible at all. So far fire is still holding off closer to us but if winds work against us just right it doesn't look good at all. Have had some small storms roll in which have caused the nasty winds and the fire to spread the last couple days. Really praying it doesn't come to worst case for us all. Here's an update of last night/this mornings spread by my hometown and parents to the right and by Chester to the left, not good at all.
Screenshot_20210813-151800.png

Bro, that really sucks, who needs that constant stress. Have a tropical storm headed this way, would give ya'll all the rain if I could.

Most definitely positive thoughts. We are getting the smoke from the Cali fires here in Idaho and Northern Idaho is one huge BBQ pit. It's terrible and unfortunately I don't expect it to end any time soon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back