New 1/8 MT from Associated! Looks interesting. Rival MT8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm totally sold on Team Associated since getting an MT10 and SC10. The MT8 looks awesome and will be a must add. I'll probably have to import it (sigh) so won't be until next year. But I really want a 1/8th scale rig so dunno if I can wait that long.
Yeah the Mt10 is a smaller Kaiju. The Kaiju and the Mt10 are very durable monster trucks. We'll see what happens with the MT8. As I mentioned before, my only concern for now is the 4mm metal chassis.

Any guesstimates how fast this thing could be on 6s?
I got $5 on 50mph stock😎
Screw it! I just pre ordered an MT8 from OMG RC. I'll be selling some of my other rigs like my V2 Infraction, the V3 Granite, my crawlers and one of my Kaijus

Well it looks like I'm going to give my 2 cents on the MT8 since I pre ordered it. I'll be the Guinea pig again like I was with the Kaiju 🤣👍
Thanks for taking one for the "team"😁

Hahaha. One of day it was like 30 degrees and windy during winter here in San Antonio. I was wearing a jacket, pants etc for cold weather at the gas station, while another guy was walking around with sandals, shorts and a t shirt. I'll be honest and say that I wear mostly heavy clothes like pants even in the summer for protection against damn mosquitoes and flying stuff from my RC vehicles 🤣. Even if it's 100 degrees outside.
Huh…What part of the city are you? I am North Stone Oak, Timberwood Park. My favorite skate park has been the one out in Boerne, but I just found another one that looks like it’s empty pool style set up over in Lady Bird Park. Also want to hit the McAllister Park pump track at some point, on a day while schools in session and all the kids are gone. It is super crowded on the weekends.

Then there’s Russland raceway, some guys private track and bash spot out here in my area literally a half mile away. I recently joined the new San Antonio RC bashers on Facebook and found out about that. Finally, Facebook proved actually useful for something. I haven’t had a chance to go there yet. On weekends I always have my eight year old with me and not all places like that are little kid friendly. I need to check it out though.

What have you found around here to run at?It is nice to see someone really local to me on here.

Yeah the Mt10 is a smaller Kaiju. The Kaiju and the Mt10 are very durable monster trucks. We'll see what happens with the MT8. As I mentioned before, my only concern for now is the 4mm metal chassis.
Isn't the Arrma 6s chassis 3mm?

I believe they're 4 also.
Correction, they are 3(arrma)!? Wow, I would have swore it was 4... Just ck w/caliper.
TC kronos xtr is 4, can't get the caliper on the mt410, chassis tub in the way.
@slick2500 Sorry for second guessing you..you have proven to be "RCpedia" many times before. For which I am grateful👍

Last edited:
Yeah. The only stock 3mm chassis that is still OK after many big jumps is my truggified V3 Typhon 6s. Actually my V2 Outcast 6s chassis was still good when I sold it. The one I did destroy the was my V4 K6S chassis. So at 4mm, I'm assuming it would be fine. Also I hope that the 1/8 scale Associated is not the same size as the 1/8 Kaiju? The Kaiju is not 1/8. It's more like 1/9 🤷
Huh…What part of the city are you? I am North Stone Oak, Timberwood Park. My favorite skate park has been the one out in Boerne, but I just found another one that looks like it’s empty pool style set up over in Lady Bird Park. Also want to hit the McAllister Park pump track at some point, on a day while schools in session and all the kids are gone. It is super crowded on the weekends.

Then there’s Russland raceway, some guys private track and bash spot out here in my area literally a half mile away. I recently joined the new San Antonio RC bashers on Facebook and found out about that. Finally, Facebook proved actually useful for something. I haven’t had a chance to go there yet. On weekends I always have my eight year old with me and not all places like that are little kid friendly. I need to check it out though.

What have you found around here to run at?It is nice to see someone really local to me on here.
I've only been to McAllister Park. I live close to Alamo Ranch. The other ones you mentioned I didn't even know about. I usually go out with my basher friend Freddy and his huge ramp which I can get 30ft plus jumps. On the weekends, I go mess with around with my 5yr old son. We should get together so that our kids can race each other. I swear my son beats me most of the time during drag racing 🤣:

I think that I'm going to try out my friend's suggestion of a park when you launch from concrete into grass, where I would probably hit almost 60mph with my 8s monsters. That should be interesting

Last edited:
Sweet vid man...my question is why is one guy in shorts and a t-shirt and the other in jeans and winter coat? :unsure: Is it cold or hot over there?
That’s a really good question. 😂 It was probably about 60 degrees. I’ve never seen the guy in shorts and a T-shirt wear anything else no matter the weather.

Yeah. The only stock 3mm chassis that is still OK after many big jumps is my truggified V3 Typhon 6s. Actually my V2 Outcast 6s chassis was still good when I sold it. The one I did destroy the was my V4 K6S chassis. So at 4mm, I'm assuming it would be fine. Also I hope that the 1/8 scale Associated is not the same size as the 1/8 Kaiju? The Kaiju is not 1/8. It's more like 1/9 🤷

I've only been to McAllister Park. I live close to Alamo Ranch. The other ones you mentioned I didn't even know about. I usually go out with my basher friend Freddy and his huge ramp which I can get 30ft plus jumps. On the weekends, I go mess with around with my 5yr old son. We should get together so that our kids can race each other. I swear my son beats me most of the time during drag racing 🤣:

I think that I'm going to try out my friend's suggestion of a park when you launch from concrete into grass, where I would probably hit almost 60mph with my 8s monsters. That should be interesting
Hey man, I agree on that. Especially since you have a five year old. My 8 year old stepdaughter loves playing with kids from 2 to 12. And she has cute little RC cars of her own. She’s not into the bigger cars yet, she just wants to have fun.

I know Alamo Ranch well, it’s a nice area for sure. I’ve been here since 2012. I am a 28 year realtor/property manager (semi retired) so I know much of the city…well, except for the southside.

I’m always looking for interesting places to go. It’s been hard the last six months because of my wife’s cancer because she likes to run cars with me, it’s a family thing for us, but that’s all working out well so will be back out and about more in the coming months. Typically I run my cars lately when I take my kid to the park. I just mess around on whatever is available. We have some fantastic parks out here and I’m always looking for new ones to check out with her. She loves ones that have big interesting play structures the most.

So you’ve been to the pump track at McAllister Park? We couldn’t even get to it the one time we went it was so crowded. I really want to check that out. I know there’s also some BMX jumps over there near the pearl area as well as on the west side. I’ve been to the ones on the website near op schenable park. They are a bit to compact to really be effective with an RC car. But fun anyway. Also, the guys over at Alamo city hobby shop bash at a trail head called the Prutrail head over at OP Schnabel park. I have yet to check it out yet. When you check out that park with concrete run up and grass landing let me know it’s name. I am curious.

I only have four, 3s cars right now and have never bashed with anyone so it would be cool. I’d love to see the bigger cars in person as well. I plan on getting my first 6s car, next year 🤩

Hey man, I agree on that. Especially since you have a five year old. My 8 year old stepdaughter loves playing with kids from 2 to 12. And she has cute little RC cars of her own. She’s not into the bigger cars yet, she just wants to have fun.

I know Alamo Ranch well, it’s a nice area for sure. I’ve been here since 2012. I am a 28 year realtor/property manager (semi retired) so I know much of the city…well, except for the southside.

I’m always looking for interesting places to go. It’s been hard the last six months because of my wife’s cancer because she likes to run cars with me, it’s a family thing for us, but that’s all working out well so will be back out and about more in the coming months. Typically I run my cars lately when I take my kid to the park. I just mess around on whatever is available. We have some fantastic parks out here and I’m always looking for new ones to check out with her. She loves ones that have big interesting play structures the most.

So you’ve been to the pump track at McAllister Park? We couldn’t even get to it the one time we went it was so crowded. I really want to check that out. I know there’s also some BMX jumps over there near the pearl area as well as on the west side. I’ve been to the ones on the website near op schenable park. They are a bit to compact to really be effective with an RC car. But fun anyway. Also, the guys over at Alamo city hobby shop bash at a trail head called the Prutrail head over at OP Schnabel park. I have yet to check it out yet. When you check out that park with concrete run up and grass landing let me know it’s name. I am curious.

I only have four, 3s cars right now and have never bashed with anyone so it would be cool. I’d love to see the bigger cars in person as well. I plan on getting my first 6s car, next year 🤩
Send me a private PM. It's usually my friend (he has a few rc vehicles), sometimes my son and step dad. My little guy has been driving by himself since he was 3 and a half years old 🤣. I'll let you drive any RC in my arsenal :
20211030_160448.jpg

Sorry to hear about the your wife.

Last edited:
Send me a private PM. It's usually my friend (he has a few rc vehicles), sometimes my son and step dad. My little guy has been driving by himself since he was 3 and a half years old 🤣. I'll let you drive any RC in my arsenal :
View attachment 179781

Thanks man but she is okay. It’s never the situation, it’s the approach that counts. She is 100% cancer free now and needs just a couple more months recovering from the 11 hour surgery.

Yup I’ll pm you before long. Thanks for the offer to drive your rigs! I am very careful so won’t make you regret it. Man you have a nice collection there! I’ve a granite, vorteks hybrid, big rock, typhon and several modified volteges. An mt10 also. But I’ve only begun the obsession 🤪

I’ll catch up with you later brother!!

Correction, they are 3(arrma)!? Wow, I would have swore it was 4... Just ck w/caliper.
TC kronos xtr is 4, can't get the caliper on the mt410, chassis tub in the way.

@slick2500 Sorry for second guessing you..you have proven to be "RCpedia" many times before. For which I am grateful👍
Iirc the Tekno is 4mm.

View attachment 179781

Dude, you need a personal carwash :LOL:

I keep mine in my room so tend to keep as much dust off and clean as possible. I’ll be making a secure storage cabinet in the garage and better workshop in the coming year though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back