New 1/8 MT from Associated! Looks interesting. Rival MT8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop buying rigs? That's funny right there🤣 I've told myself that soo many times!!

Me - Man I have too many cars already I don't need any more.
Me 5 minutes later - oooo that one looks nice.

Me - Man I have too many cars already I don't need any more.
Me 5 minutes later - oooo that one looks nice.
It's the internet's fault! I mean, everywhere I go, it keeps following me! Every time I launch a browser window..phone, laptop, desktop, these damned Rc's just jump at me!!🤣

Stop buying rigs? That's funny right there🤣 I've told myself that soo many times!!
I got 16 now. I'm going to give my small crawlers to my friend (two scx24) so I'll end up with 14 🤣

Damn. It's been more than a month since I pre ordered a Rival MT8 and still nothing 😕. Pre ordered Nov 12th 2021

Why haven't they sent it then?
I guess they are still waiting for Associated to get them. That's one thing about Traxxas. They are so much faster for these kinds of things. My LHS Always has the new models even before online. Same thing with Arrma. My LHS ALWAYS has the new models before online

Last edited:
Is the MT8 out already?
And I'm a bit nervous about that metal chassis. I'll admit that I'm brutal with My RC vehicles with 26ft plus jumps, so I've had to replace all my metal Arrma chassis and chassis braces with m2c ones. Not sure what quality metal the MT8 chassis comes with 🤔.

Nope. And now it's been more than two months since I pre ordered it. I'm thinking about canceling my order now. Associated is messing up
I was hoping something as durable as the MT10 and looking forward to the 1/8 scale, but is been too long. Maybe I should get a Kraton instead. I'm really enjoying my Outcast EXB.

I was hoping something as durable as the MT10 and looking forward to the 1/8 scale, but is been too long. Maybe I should get a Kraton instead. I'm really enjoying my Outcast EXB.
Yeah and we don't know what weaknesses this thing is going to have (most likely the metal chassis, and I hope I'm wrong). At least the Kraton has M2C support and it's a proven platform.

The online hobby shop said that it should arrive this month (the MT8), so I guess I'll just keep waiting. Might as well now. I have like 14 other RC vehicles meanwhile. Yes I know. Too many 😅

The online hobby shop said that it should arrive this month (the MT8), so I guess I'll just keep waiting. Might as well now. I have like 14 other RC vehicles meanwhile. Yes I know. Too many 😅
In the thread I posted about the mojave arms on the kaiju, @Megasty had suggested the MT8 will likely use the same drivetrain as the kaiju with a different center drive layout and it sure looks like he's right on. I looked up parts for the MT8 on TA website(parts listing is up on TA site).
The big question in my mind is whether the MT8 will have better suspension arms (stronger)than kaiju.. we know the kaiju chassis is pretty strong, but arms are weak..heres the front diff input parts for the MT8.. pretty much identical to kaiju.

Screenshot_20220107-133952_Samsung Internet.jpg

In the thread I posted about the mojave arms on the kaiju, @Megasty had suggested the MT8 will likely use the same drivetrain as the kaiju with a different center drive layout and it sure looks like he's right on. I looked up parts for the MT8 on TA website(parts listing is up on TA site).
The big question in my mind is whether the MT8 will have better suspension arms (stronger)than kaiju.. we know the kaiju chassis is pretty strong, but arms are weak..heres the front diff input parts for the MT8.. pretty much identical to kaiju.

View attachment 192939
Hmmmmmm. And it's going to be slightly bigger than the Kaiju. So this means that the drive cups are going to have to be protected like the Kaiju ones I'm assuming.

Hmmmmmm. And it's going to be slightly bigger than the Kaiju. So this means that the drive cups are going to have to be protected like the Kaiju ones I'm assuming.
I think so too. Honestly I would love to get a Aiju EXT and give it the treatment..diff cup sleeves, links in place of upper arms, mojave lowers.. I think it would be pretty kicka$$?
Kaiju EXT🤣

I have 1st gen Kaiju as well. It's a solid offering from RC(their first IMO). Ive watched the vids of you and ur son bashing them, great stuff.
I'm tapped for this year on new rigs tho..just jumped on the Kexb sale..my 4th rig this year.
If I buy another, it will jeopardize my marital stutus for sure😬
I've geopardized my marital status a few times already. And they are just toys 😅😅😅

I've geopardized my marital status a few times already. And they are just toys 😅😅😅
Yessir, she has been very understanding (my wife), but with what I've already spent this past year, and our oldest daughter getting married in april coming up.. I'm out the "new rig" realm for a while😁 damn, now arrma gotta hit us with this fireteam🤣 what a buncha jerks!! Haha😂

After waiting for over two months I threw in the towel. I bought a Limitless instead. Furthermore, who knows what I would have destroyed with my 26ft plus jumps on the MT8. I most likely would have bent that metal chassis (I have a feeling that I could do it). And it looks a lot like a Kaiju, which is not that durable TBH. Oh well. I just don't want another rc what will need upgrades and parts. Canceled my MT8 order.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back